Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    It's 17 hours to New Orleans , we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.
    Me and my buddies are taking a luxury RV down. Long ride but hell, it beats shelling out all that money for a hotel/flight.

Blog Entries

Staying about an hour out of town in Hammond. Doesn't look like there is any transportation from that far out into NO. Any ideas on places where we can drive to, park and take a shuttle, or street car into town?

Blog Entries

It's 17 hours to New Orleans , we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.
    Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Staying about an hour out of town in Hammond. Doesn't look like there is any transportation from that far out into NO. Any ideas on places where we can drive to, park and take a shuttle, or street car into town?
    Read the thread, I posted all of that info already.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Classic!
    Its all downhill after you get through Virginia......don't stop in Roanoke. Worst food in the world.

Flying into Houston next Thursday. Picking up rental car. Driving to New orleans Friday morning. Hotel in baton Rouge- but my Uncle lives in New orleans- so ill crash there when ive had too much to drink. Still looking for tickets though!! I'll also be at the Directv Party!!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    We have a group coming but plan to tailgate and watch the game in a parking lot somewhere (we have the "stuff" and can't swing the ticket prices). Had a blast in Tampa when we did it- any suggestions on where we can park, who to call if we need to make arrangements beforehand, etc.?
    Can you park in the Superdome parking lot? And just stay there after tailgating? I was contemplating that, if we're unable to scalp tickets close to gametime. Maybe we could join up!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Downsizing the tailgate and then heading over to the French Quarter to find a place to watch the game. Parking prices are crazy in the area of the Dome so we plan to move over a bit (thanks to suggestions from NOLA). Would enjoy getting folks together and turning one of those fine NO establishments into the second Ravenstown South (the Dome will be the original).

9. Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Is anyone looking for just a room? I have a found a couple 2 bedroom places but only need one. Coming in friday and leaving monday. email me at jdwhilden@smcm.edu if interested.

NOLA,

what will the traffic be like around town on friday and saturday. we will be staying an hour away and i'm trying to determine what it will be like driving into town.

regards

NOLA,

what will the traffic be like around town on friday and saturday. we will be staying an hour away and i'm trying to determine what it will be like driving into town.

regards
    Section502, its going to be a lot of traffic.....around the Dome and downtown on the highways, gridlocl. Especially in the afternoon. . To get to the Quarter park where I indicated and take the streetcar and walk. If you try and drive into the FQ, or around the Dome or CBD all the way to the river you are going to get into gridlock.

So I found hotels in Slidell and Marrero, are these safe places to stay?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim