Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Checked on lots for tailgating and the rates are CRAZY- imho ($400+). Going to try a reduced duration one and then head to a bar (French Quarter maybe) for the game. While we'd love to attend the Dome event, can't miss a few mortgage payments for travel/tickets. Certain those in attendance will make it feel like home. :) Any plans in place yet for a Ravens Nation viewing party?

Blog Entries

Finalized flight details. Will be flying into Jackson on 2/1 and flying out very early on 2/5. Will rent a car and am trying to find a vacation rental for the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Finalized flight details. Will be flying into Jackson on 2/1 and flying out very early on 2/5. Will rent a car and am trying to find a vacation rental for the Super Bowl.
    The flights to NOLA have gotten crazy (over $1000) and the flights to Jackson are beginning to disappear as well. I would try to make arrangements today or tomorrow for a shot at getting there for a reasonable price.

We paid $318 for R/T to Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Checked on lots for tailgating and the rates are CRAZY- imho ($400+). Going to try a reduced duration one and then head to a bar (French Quarter maybe) for the game. While we'd love to attend the Dome event, can't miss a few mortgage payments for travel/tickets. Certain those in attendance will make it feel like home. :) Any plans in place yet for a Ravens Nation viewing party?
    I can direct you to some places where you can tailgate and walk to the game, or into the Quarter, for free. Now these are not luxury tourist areas but you will be safe there, and no one will bother you, but they are not in tourist areas. There would be an option to hire private security for your tailgate......cause the parking would be free. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA
    Look at the photo cause under the highway you can park for free and cook....its where everyone tailgates for the Zulu Parade, and you can walk to the Dome and the Quarter or where-ever you want to go. There may be other options if you have a group let me know and I may be able to arrange something on privately.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Any info on Country Inn and Suites in Covington. That is where the travel package put us. They say that shuttles are running during the day, but would like some idea from the ground.

Thanks.
    I stayed there 1 + 1/2 years ago. It was well kept & in a safe area. Good food selection in their Continental breakfast. Plenty of moderately priced restaurants in the Covington-Mandeville area. The only risk would be the infrequent fog banks on Lake Pontchartrain, which could shut down the former longest bridge in the world. Fog over the lake can get nasty, but fog usually does not last into the afternoon. Best to pay attention to the weather.

=========================================================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Suggestion: park at the airport ($9 Park & Fly remote lot to $14 long term garage walking distance to shuttle stop). Catch the airport shuttle for $20 to downtown. 15 minute ride to hotel district and Canal Street (borders the French Quarter)
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Any info on Country Inn and Suites in Covington. That is where the travel package put us. They say that shuttles are running during the day, but would like some idea from the ground.

Thanks.
    Thats an hour away over the 26 mile bridge on the other side of the Lake. You might want to think about hiring a driver and a car to get you around. You will have a much better time. PM me, I have someone reliable and reasonable.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-22-2013 at 12:32 PM.

OK, for parking this is absolutely your best option:

Park in this area City Park/Canal Street https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA
    area, and take the 15 minute street car to the Dome area........you can find neighborhood parking here that is safe here for free, and walk to the street car line to the dome. Streetcars run almost all night too. This is much better than taking the bus from the airport. Trust me on that. :)

Another parking option this one a longer walk from the Dome but at the edge of the French Quarter, stay 3-4 blocks to the right of the red arrow along North Peters Street:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA
    This area will not be approachable from the French Quarter, but if you drive through the Bywater neighborhood area (at the bottom of the map) you will be able to get quite close. You will want to get to this spot early in the day.

I know this is steep but I know of a luxury room rental in a private home for $800 a night.........with transportation to and from the Dome and some VIP privileges included. Screening absolutely necessary for this, its with a very upscale New Orleans family with deep roots in the New Orleans community. Again PM me if you want to discuss this.

OK, one more, I have a house available 6 blocks off the street-car line uptown, at https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ed=0CC4Q8gEwAA
    This has two rooms with double and queen beds. Rates are negotiable depending in the number of nights.

NOLA-

We are staying at a B and B on Rampart / Esplanade. thoughts on location?

Any semi off beaten path (aka not mobbed) restaurants we should try Sat night?

You must be so pumped to have your Ravens coming to town!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    NOLA-

We are staying at a B and B on Rampart / Esplanade. thoughts on location?

Any semi off beaten path (aka not mobbed) restaurants we should try Sat night?

You must be so pumped to have your Ravens coming to town!
    Yeah man, its like a dream come true for me.........the location is good. Rampart and Esplanade is just down the road from me. Saturday night in that area I would walk down to Frenchmen Street early and try to get into Adolpho's or Snug Harbor. You aren't going to get to far off the beaten path without a cab ride, and I don't know where to steer you. Everything is going to be really booked solid in the Quarter and near the Dome.