Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 362
  1. #49

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread



    I took Nestors bus trip to NE. Actually third one I've done Nashville, Indy and now this one. And I'm taking his trip to NO. Really well priced. If anyone hasn't taken one of his trips the guy bends over backwards to make sure everyone is taken care of. I know he gets blasted on the internet and sure he has a unique personality but the guy does everything he can to make a trip pleasurable and memorable. Their running 4 different hotels at various prices and I'm holding out waiting on a friend of a friend that works for the Ravens to see if I can get tix at face value(they all have the opportunity to buy 4 at face value, from the players all the way to the custodians at the Vault lol).




  2. #50

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    It's a shame that the average fan gets priced out of the Super Bowl. It's no wonder that the atmosphere at the big game is never quite the same




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

    I'm looking at fights here ATM, that's what's killing me coming from the uk




  4. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    Is there a afc side and NFC side particularly at all? And does anyone know what section the tunnel is, would love to have a good view of it as well for rays entrance if he does the dance




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    And nola any recommended sections for seats? Any to avoid? If you've been there or know people who have




  6. #54

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Here you go Houston!
    Expensive

    Cochon
    Herbsaint
    Commanders Palace .....
    A few more places which I frequent:

    • Drago's Seafood Restaurant -- A mile or so west of New Orleans in Fat City (Metairie) - their char-grilled oysters are unique & world class
    • Cafe Beignet - several outlets in the French Quarter - better beignets than the more famous Cafe du Monde, made fresh while you wait - still hot
    • the Gumbo Shop - in the French Quarter, on St. Peter's, just spitting distance from Jackson Square inexpensive, whicgreat selection of gumbos



    to NOLARavenFAN: if you haven't tried these places, give them a shot after Fat Tuesday.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  7. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,362
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Is there a afc side and NFC side particularly at all? And does anyone know what section the tunnel is, would love to have a good view of it as well for rays entrance if he does the dance
    Neither conference has their own side.

    And I can't seem to find any info on which tunnel they run out from. Ray did his dance in Tampa in 2001 so I will imagine he will be allowed to do the same in NOLA.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #56

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    I won't be buying tix, but I'll be there for the atmosphere and to watch the game in a local tavern with other Ravens fans.

    9.5hr drive ain't too bad. I drive that long to come back and visit family in MD/PA. This trip will be just as rewarding!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  9. #57

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    A few more places which I frequent:

    • Drago's Seafood Restaurant -- A mile or so west of New Orleans in Fat City (Metairie) - their char-grilled oysters are unique & world class
    • Cafe Beignet - several outlets in the French Quarter - better beignets than the more famous Cafe du Monde, made fresh while you wait - still hot
    • the Gumbo Shop - in the French Quarter, on St. Peter's, just spitting distance from Jackson Square inexpensive, whicgreat selection of gumbos



    to NOLARavenFAN: if you haven't tried these places, give them a shot after Fat Tuesday.
    Been to Dragos and there is a Drago's in the Quarter.
    Casamentos http://www.casamentosrestaurant.com/main/main.html is on Magazine. Highly suggested, moderate lunch and sometimes dinner.
    Also. Mothers on Poydras.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,362
    From my days of having a house in Upper Fells, I fell in love with soul food.

    I remember hearing if an iconic place that was destroyed by Katrina but they rebuilt and relocated. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the joint.

    Any idea, NOLA?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #59

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    From my days of having a house in Upper Fells, I fell in love with soul food.

    I remember hearing if an iconic place that was destroyed by Katrina but they rebuilt and relocated. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the joint.

    Any idea, NOLA?
    Probably this: http://www.dookychaserestaurant.com/ Maybe 5 minutes from my house. Creole cuisine. Great stuff.
    But try Casamento's on that other post too. Great prices for oysters friedseafood.....all of dat.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  12. #60
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

    any hotel/apt recommendations not too far from stadium/french quarter?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland