Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

T - Thanks for the kind words. Is anyone meeting on Thursday or Friday in Jackson Square?
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I agree with everything you are addressing re the street people scalping tickets. I saw it outside of the Tampa stadium in 2001. I ran into one guy who had spent a thousand bucks for two tickets ... the the "Nfl Experience".

However, I was addressing buying last minute tickets from licensed ticket brokers, who could be dumping them on Saturday/Sunday so as not to get stuck with them. Based on the recent Sunpapers article about the small number of Orbitz plane reservations from SF Bay area, there could be some tickets available this weekend.
    True. You are right about the licensed brokers. My mistake if I misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRaven View Post
    What are your thoughts on parking at the NOLA airport and taking the shuttle to the Superdome? Should be plenty of parking and the shuttle ticket can be reserved.
    I do this most of the time and highly recommend it. Much better than cabbies, who often smoke in the cars. $18 plus parking fee at Moisant (remote parking and private lots across Airline Highway are much cheaper, but reqiure (free) shuttle service to the van pickup area in the short term parking garage (NOT at the terminal).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I mean, if you're paying cash, how do you even protect yourself? How many scalpers gonna walk up to the gate with you, hand the turnstyle dude the ticket and waiting to get paid? Probably none.
    That's what I plan on doing...It's either that or they don't get paid. It worked other places I've been.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    T - Danny and I will be meeting everyone in Jackson Square. Hopefully, some of you will be there on Thursday.
    You're taking Danny? WOW!!

Watcha gonna do with that boy at night?

Maybe myself and Mista T. will take him for a walk down Bourban St. beyond the arc of balloons.

Where are you staying at?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

We just found out we are staying in the Bywater on Chartres St.

Looks like we are about 3 miles from the stadium and the French Quarter is the mid way point.

Being relatively fit, the wife and I were considering just walking it there and then cab it back. Would it be a safe walk?

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    We just found out we are staying in the Bywater on Chartres St.

Looks like we are about 3 miles from the stadium and the French Quarter is the mid way point.

Being relatively fit, the wife and I were considering just walking it there and then cab it back. Would it be a safe walk?
    Yes. safe, no problem......stay on the river side of St. Claude. Stop by the Lost Love Lounge.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Is anyone meeting on Thursday or Friday in Jackson Square?
    Not that I know of. Most of our group will be arriving Friday into Mississippi, and driving or shuttling to New Orleans Saturday.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

We're staying in Baton Rouge (Hampton Inn). I'm sure Danny will get a little bug-eyed from some of the "scenery". I'll have to stock up on the beads!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    You're taking Danny? WOW!!

Watcha gonna do with that boy at night?

Maybe myself and Mista T. will take him for a walk down Bourban St. beyond the arc of balloons.

Where are you staying at?
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Hoping somebody can help me out or point me in the right direction. I was lucky enough to be invited to a suite for the game sunday and found out Ogden will be coming by the suite for autographs. Does anybody have a JO jersey they want to sell or tell me where I can find one? I have checked ebay, craigslist, Ravens site etc and no luck, any help would be appreciated.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    debwse,
    For better or worse, looks like we are tailgating in that lot on Gameday (there goes your neighborhood). PM me and I'll provide contact info if you want to meet up.
    Great! The more in our "group"...the better. Hopefully this lot isn't too scary looking. We are hoping for majority of Ravens fans surrounding the place. I will try again to fig out how to PM so we can exchange info.

GO RAVENS!!
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Get a Mr. Buddy heater, it gets damp and cold at night here....
    For sure; I bet! But whatever the temps...it's gonna feel warm after the temps up here this week...brrrr! Hopefully it's an exciting game and we won't notice the temps LOL...

GO RAVENS!!
    Deb