Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    On Frenchmen Street at DBA and across the street in the Art Market.......then Sunday at that lot on Canal. Spotted my first Ravens hat at my booth last night, a Lions fan. Here is my website: http://www.andylevin.com I sell prints of my photography....
    Thanks man. Look for me I will be the big Ravens fan with a leather football helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    So Ted, if I am reading this line schedule correctly, the last opportunity to take the streetcar back to the parking lot from the FQ is about 10PM?
    That ain't good.

I got what I'll presume is a dumb question, but I'll throw it out there anyway to NOLAfan.

You ever seen where home owners open up their yards or businesses open up their parking lots for paid parking for events like this?

For instance...

During the Preakness around here 100s of home owners will park cars on their yards for a fee so they can cash in on the event since there's minimal parking around the race track and the amount of people and cars the event draws.

During Ravens games there are many area businesses that open up their parking lots to park for a fee also I'll assume cashing in to take advantage of the opportunity.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    That ain't good.

I got what I'll presume is a dumb question, but I'll throw it out there anyway to NOLAfan.

You ever seen where home owners open up their yards or businesses open up their parking lots for paid parking for events like this?

For instance...

During the Preakness around here 100s of home owners will park cars on their yards for a fee so they can cash in on the event since there's minimal parking around the race track and the amount of people and cars the event draws.

During Ravens games there are many area businesses that open up their parking lots to park for a fee also I'll assume cashing in to take advantage of the opportunity.
    Yes, you will see that along Esplanade Avenue, headed to the French Quarter........$25-$50 bucks. Make sure the person taking yor money actually owns the lot or you may be towed away. And on Elysian Fields fields too.

I put new markers on the map for the two locations of these two areas where there are private lots.
    http://goo.gl/maps/dWkQU
    Way Down South in New Orleans

So Ted, if I am reading this line schedule correctly, the last opportunity to take the streetcar back to the parking lot from the FQ is about 10PM?
    They run all nght, I believe the last streetcar on the half hour schedule is 12:15am and then every hour or hour and a half, or $15. cab ride from the FQ. But check with your streetcar operator.

I'll check out with local friends, or get NOLA Ravens fan to address. I'd be quite surprised to see a cut-off of service from the French Quarter before 11 pm, because that's just about the time that things start to liven up on Bourbon Street, into the wee hours. The way I read the Google Map , which was linked from the New Orleans street site, there are departures from North Rampart and Canal to the Museum of Art as late as 12:55 am.

Screenshot-New Orleans Museum of Art to Canal and S. Rampart (In) - Google Maps - Mozilla Firefo.jpg

You'll have to play with the map to get to the Canal Street streetcar.

If 12:55 am is too early for you youngsters, you should be able to get acab anytime Saturday or Sunday late nights. I have, in my younger days when "loaded".

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'll check out with local friends, or get NOLA Ravens fan to address. I'd be quite surprised to see a cut-off of service from the French Quarter before 11 pm, because that's just about the time that things start to liven up on Bourbon Street, into the wee hours. The way I read the Google Map , which was linked from the New Orleans street site, there are departures from North Rampart and Canal to the Museum of Art as late as 12:55 am.

Screenshot-New Orleans Museum of Art to Canal and S. Rampart (In) - Google Maps - Mozilla Firefo.jpg

You'll have to play with the map to get to the Canal Street streetcar.

If 12:55 am is too early for you youngsters, you should be able to get acab anytime Saturday or Sunday late nights. I have, in my younger days when "loaded".

:T2:
    Yeah, cabs are the way to go late, no doubt. But watch those Hurricanes, Grenades, Monsoon, they creep up on you.......cops are mostly nice, just don't talk back them, at all. If you are arrested SB weekend you won't get out till Monday.....

Weather forecast also holding up as very good.....in the 60's, sunny, no chance of rain after Wednesday. With any luck we could creep into the lower 70s or would that be too much to ask?

T,
    Panama City Beach is more like 5 hours from New Orleans. Traffic can get a little backed up in Mobile, unless you are going through in the middle of the day.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

I've been keeping an eye on single ticket prices.

When I started looking last week the cheapest single I saw (on the nfl ticket exchange site - I trust nothing else) was $2500. Now I am seeing singles for $2100.

The thing that sucks is the cheapest seats are only being offered in pairs. I saw $1800 earlier today.

But in general the prices have seemed to drop as the game gets closer.

The ticket is the easy part really...it's all of the travel stuff that is a headache...I still can't make up my mind to go or not...

10. Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Thanks for all the great info you're providing here. Question: Is there ample,available, and free parking at the Museum of Art or Cemetery ends of the Canal Street car stations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Taylor View Post
    Thanks for all the great info you're providing here. Question: Is there ample,available, and free parking at the Museum of Art or Cemetery ends of the Canal Street car stations ?
    Museum of Art/City Park has more parking in front and back of the Museum, check Google Earth Maps you can easily see it......at the Cemetary end you will need to go off of Canal.

Blog Entries

would love to take my teenage son to the SB and if it was in just about any other city I would. Not taking him down there though ;)

Been there twice in 2012 alone, what a sleaze pot. But it was fun sleaze

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!