Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I usually just hang out in Kenner or Metairie, but every couple years I take the airport shuttle, which I have found to be cleaner, cheaper and more secure than most cabbies. I last took the shuttle last summer. If you use that approach, make a reservation.
    Thanks T, appreciate it.

Def not "alarmist"...I am a mommy and I want my child to be safe and I cannot thank you enough for bringing to my attention.

I called the office and they are telling me that the "projects" have already been leveled? I haven't forked over the deposit yet so I'm panicking trying to find something else....everyone in my group thinks I'm over reacting and that we will be "fine". If I have a safer option, obvs I wanna take it.

You mentioned a safer RV lot...do you happen to know the location or rental agency...anything that would help me in my search to find it?

Again, thank you so very much for your help. Ravens fans are the best!

GO RAVENS!!
    Deb :-)

3. Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Def not "alarmist"...I am a mommy and I want my child to be safe and I cannot thank you enough for bringing to my attention.

I called the office and they are telling me that the "projects" have already been leveled? I haven't forked over the deposit yet so I'm panicking trying to find something else....everyone in my group thinks I'm over reacting and that we will be "fine". If I have a safer option, obvs I wanna take it.

You mentioned a safer RV lot...do you happen to know the location or rental agency...anything that would help me in my search to find it?

GO RAVENS!!
    Try this one out. It's on the westbank about a 15 minute straight shot to the CBD/FQ

Bayou Segnette State Park
    http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/ibyusegne.aspx

or this (not sure if they do RV but it's close and worth a shot)
    Brechtel Park
    http://brechtelpark.us/

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post

GO RAVENS!!
    Those projects have definitely not been leveled........but if there is extra security for SB, and the lot is pretty full, in that atmosphere you should be OK....and you have a bunch of people around, you can go for it. And in the daytime its no problem at all. Let me know if you are there and I will stop by.

This is the best one in the area: http://www.fqrv.com/location.html
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I am reposting this map, now corrected with driving instructions from Biloxi to parking in New Orleans. Take the 610 bypass and then get back on 10 headed to New Orleans business district. Park on the street by the blue marker on Canal Steet and take the streetcar to the Dome area, French Quarter, etc. Avoid driving around the FQ, Dome or CBD at all costs.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...cae3ce43&msa=0

6. Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Thanks! I was a chef down here for over a decade until my kids were born and I got sick of the hours and missing all the good stuff with them :) So my SN suits me well :)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Andouille (great SN, BTW), Can you recommend a good soul food joint?

I was going to give Willie Mae's a try but if there's one better, I'd love to hear about it.
    Willie Mae's is good and iconic.
    The Praline Connection in the Marigny is excellent as well.

http://www.pralineconnection.com/

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If you are closer to Canal I think you would be probably be safe in that lot, although again, it is at the edge of the tourist area and it is a bit isolated and you wouldn't want to move around to much late at night......i have been around those projects but its the kinda deal where at night you have to watch your back. There is another RV lot in that general area, but its in a more secure location on the other side of the highway. I hope I am not being too alarmist, but just realistic.
    How is the Mardi Gras RV lot Nola?

Thank you for this wonderful info...I will check out the links you posted. Always nice to hear from locals about where to go/what to do. I'll say it again, Ravens fans ARE THE BEST!!

GO RAVENS!!

T,
    thanks again for your kindness of offering info, tips, etc. I guess everyone in my group just thinks I'm being a Missy...a sissy mommy...maybe I am...but I'm still trying to find something else if I can...I keep running into "sold out" for anything within the vicicnity...my group wants to be close to the atmosphere of the SB so staying in MS is not going over well with this group. my search continues...for a lil while anyway...they're only giving me so much time before they INSIST that we book the reservation...thanks again for your help.

GO RAVENS!!

I tried the FQ RV Resort---SOLD OUT :-(

My group won't do MS...they wanna be close to the SB atmosphere...they think I'm being a complete sissy mommy at this point and only allowing me few more hours before they are insisting that we book the reservation...so my search continues...ugghhh!

We arrive Friday afternoon, but have a great time at M.D. It's such a wonderful feeling knowing that there are going to be so many Ravens fans in the area....I guess that's why all my group wants to be there in the mix of it so close...me too...I just want to be safe. Hubby joking he promises our guys will sleep with one eye open and wouldn't think twice about dispensing some lead poisoning, if needed...and he thinks that's supposed to make me feeling better? geesh!

Deb......yeah, don't wet the bed on it.....LOL Just go for it.
    I been a Raven fan since they were the Browns. a long time.....maybe I am a Modell fan, I dunno.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-24-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Any NOLA watering holes identified as gameday Ravens Nation congregating spots yet?