Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

debwse,
    For better or worse, looks like we are tailgating in that lot on Gameday (there goes your neighborhood). PM me and I'll provide contact info if you want to meet up.

I am a Ravens fan and I live in Baton Rouge, LA. Only one hour from NOLA. Baton Rouge is also a good solution for those who can't get "bunks" in NOLA. BR is a fun, Football crazy town! If anyone is coming here and wants to Party Friday Night, let me know! We even have an airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    debwse,
    For better or worse, looks like we are tailgating in that lot on Gameday (there goes your neighborhood). PM me and I'll provide contact info if you want to meet up.
    I'll ride my bike over....if you'all bring/rent bikes you will have a better time getting around.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rouses-market-new-orleans-4 This is a huge grocery store nearby. They will have crawfish.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-26-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Update --- 2 tickets have been sold --- still have 2 left

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Update --- 2 tickets have been sold --- still have 2 left
    how much for each seat and how can I get in contact with you?

I may be getting tickets for a reasonable price and may take the WNST bus to get there. Is anyone else taking the bus from them?

If you where to stay in Hammond what transport would be two and from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Arnie We could not find any reasonable transportation into NO from Hammond. Five of us rented a car at the airport and are going to drive into town, park in the area NOLARaven suggested, and take the streetcar in.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Arnie We could not find any reasonable transportation into NO from Hammond. Five of us rented a car at the airport and are going to drive into town, park in the area NOLARaven suggested, and take the streetcar in.
    I wouldn't fancy renting a car tbh, coming from the uk at the age of 22 I don't think I'd feel up to the challenge of driving in America lol

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Hammond is a little more than an hour away.........you might be better off in Baton Rouge as far as public transportation goes, I don't think you can find anything from Hammond.. Email me at levin.pix@gmail.com if you want to discuss further

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I'll ride my bike over....if you'all bring/rent bikes you will have a better time getting around.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/rouses-market-new-orleans-4 This is a huge grocery store nearby. They will have crawfish.
    Fat guy on a bike.. don't think NOLA's ready for that! We will be parking in that lot Friday and Saturday, and NOLARavenFAN- hope you'll join us for tailgating there starting early Sunday morning. Look forward to your expert guidance on a spot to watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Yard View Post
    Fat guy on a bike.. don't think NOLA's ready for that! We will be parking in that lot Friday and Saturday, and NOLARavenFAN- hope you'll join us for tailgating there starting early Sunday morning. Look forward to your expert guidance on a spot to watch the game.
    Oh yeah, I will be passing through.......weather is going to be a little cooler than this week-end, but so far nothing in the way of rain forecast.

We'll be coming in from Houma on the morning of the game and looking for a good tailgate.

Happy to share expense. Please PM me if you'd like to exchange cell #'s.

My biggest worry right now is parking. I'm going to be coming into NO from Biloxi on Saturday afternoon/evening and of course, on Sunday afternoon/evening. I know NOLARaven and Mr T have suggested parking on Canal Street and then using the streetcars to get to the Superdome. But what about the French Quarter? I did find that you can reserve parking in a lot on Iberville St:http://www.premiumparking.com/park/l...ns-nola/145-2/ Is that a good location for parking on Saturday and/or Sunday? How would getting into and out of this garage be traffic wise? If I'm visiting the French Quarter before the game Sunday, can I get a streetcar directly from there to the Superdome?

EDIT: Looks like, as with a lot of things, this garage is booked. I would still like to know a few good places to park close to the FQ for Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    My biggest worry right now is parking. I'm going to be coming into NO from Biloxi on Saturday afternoon/evening and of course, on Sunday afternoon/evening. I know NOLARaven and Mr T have suggested parking on Canal Street and then using the streetcars to get to the Superdome. But what about the French Quarter? I did find that you can reserve parking in a lot on Iberville St:http://www.premiumparking.com/park/l...ns-nola/145-2/ Is that a good location for parking on Saturday and/or Sunday? How would getting into and out of this garage be traffic wise? If I'm visiting the French Quarter before the game Sunday, can I get a streetcar directly from there to the Superdome?

EDIT: Looks like, as with a lot of things, this garage is booked. I would still like to know a few good places to park close to the FQ for Saturday and Sunday.
    GKB: Your friends from PA (and former parking lot pals/Burn supporters) will be at 1535 Canal. Got permits for Sunday and- while reduced in size- will be tailgating. No tix so going to the FQ for the game... we've been told to stay off Iberville Street.