Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to secure a ticket and just booked my flight to Pensacola FL. Planning to arrive there around 10:30am Sunday, rent a car and make the 3 hour drive to New Orleans. Has anyone ever driven this route and are there any potential pitfalls I should be aware of. I'm planning to drive straight to the airport in New Orleans and park the car there and take a shuttle/cab to the stadium. Thoughts on this? Would love to know how much parking at the airport and cab fare to the stadium would cost.
    $65 dollar for the cab each way......take the 610 West bypass around the CBD and to the Airport, do not follow 10 into Downtown NOLA. Also parking may be tight I would reserve something in advance at the Airport.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    $65 dollar for the cab each way......take the 610 West bypass around the CBD and to the Airport, do not follow 10 into Downtown NOLA. Also parking may be tight I would reserve something in advance at the Airport.
    Thanks for the info NOLA
    Is this good start in reserving parking. Looks like a bunch of hotels with parking near the airport?? Do you think they provide free shuttle to the stadium?

http://globalairportparking.com/Park...0%20AM&siteid=

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    NOLA ----

So here's an important question for you.

Drive through daiquiri stands? Do they really exists in LA? Recommend a good one?
    I'm not NOLARavenFAN, who is a city boy, but I am very familiar with drive-through Daiquiri businesses in the 'burbs. The one which should be the easiest for you -- assuming it's still in business since last August -- should be on Veterans Blvd, between the I-10 eastbound exit towards Metairie, and Williams Blvd. At Williams, turn right, then get back on I-10/I-610 eastbound to New Orleans.

Unless the driving law changed recently, cops in Jefferson Parish cannot pull you over for having an open container, but may charge you if there's an openn container discovered, as secondary offense. However, as I know from what happened to a friend, the cops use chickenshit excuses to pull you over, such as headlight alignment, then will ticket you for an open container.

I would follow NOLARavenFAN's advice, then drive on to City Park - about 10 minutes past Williams off I-610 - to drink your Daiquiris.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Thanks for the info NOLA
    Is this good start in reserving parking. Looks like a bunch of hotels with parking near the airport?? Do you think they provide free shuttle to the stadium?

http://globalairportparking.com/Park...0%20AM&siteid=
    I am guessing yes, but I would call them......worse comes to worse you cab it, or shuttle to a hotel in the Quarter.

I frequently stay at airport hotels: Hilton, Crowne Plaza, or Radisson. IIRC, only the Radisson provided (or arranged for) a shuttle van to the downtown. I believe that the Hilton is the only one of those hotels which provides for non-Guest parking (for a fee). The Hilton is across Airline Highway from the airport terminal's parking garages, which include both daily and short term premium parking, ranging from about $12 to $24 IIRC.

There are also privately run parking lots along Airline Highway.

You should also check out the New Orleans Airport Shuttle , which would take you to Poydras and/or Canal Street hotels for $18 r/t last summer. You can reserve and pre-pay, if they have seats available.

If the airport area does not work out for you, read posts above about taking the Canal Street streetcar from the Museum of Art to lower Canal. $1.25 cash only, or $.40 for seniors. There should also be street parking along Canal, but the area gets seedy past the cemeteries towards 1-10, then you hit downtown congestion. It runs every 1/2 hour on the hour & 1/2 hour. That will be our approach. You could alternatively drive down Carrollton & St. Charles Streets, following the green line streetcar in the median past the Audubon Zoo, Tulane U, and through the Garden District . Best bet would be to get off the streetcar at Poydras, walk north to the Superdome.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Oh yeah, security was real slow Tuesday, and that was a small crowd......they have to wand everyone and it didn't look like they were well trained so allow a lot of extra time to get into the Dome. It could be a big back-up.

NOLARavenFAN: Do you know what time the stadium opens? Knuckleheads I spoke to with Saints and NFL "customer-I-don't-Care" didn't know, but guessed 3:30.

Curious if anyone has done the ticket pick up thing at the Sheraton yet.

Wondering if I should go early, day of the game, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    NOLARavenFAN: Do you know what time the stadium opens? Knuckleheads I spoke to with Saints and NFL "customer-I-don't-Care" didn't know, but guessed 3:30.
    I have no idea.....the Cokes are $6.00 though. :)

I do not have the ticket with me but I think it said 1:30. I thought that was a lot of time. Somebody who has one handy can check it out.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I do not have the ticket with me but I think it said 1:30. I thought that was a lot of time. Somebody who has one handy can check it out.
    Thanks. I did check my tickets: 1 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I frequently stay at airport hotels: Hilton, Crowne Plaza, or Radisson. IIRC, only the Radisson provided (or arranged for) a shuttle van to the downtown. I believe that the Hilton is the only one of those hotels which provides for non-Guest parking (for a fee). The Hilton is across Airline Highway from the airport terminal's parking garages, which include both daily and short term premium parking, ranging from about $12 to $24 IIRC.

There are also privately run parking lots along Airline Highway.

You should also check out the New Orleans Airport Shuttle , which would take you to Poydras and/or Canal Street hotels for $18 r/t last summer. You can reserve and pre-pay, if they have seats available.

If the airport area does not work out for you, read posts above about taking the Canal Street streetcar from the Museum of Art to lower Canal. $1.25 cash only, or $.40 for seniors. There should also be street parking along Canal, but the area gets seedy past the cemeteries towards 1-10, then you hit downtown congestion. It runs every 1/2 hour on the hour & 1/2 hour. That will be our approach. You could alternatively drive down Carrollton & St. Charles Streets, following the green line streetcar in the median past the Audubon Zoo, Tulane U, and through the Garden District . Best bet would be to get off the streetcar at Poydras, walk north to the Superdome.
    Great info. Thanks!