Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Dude:
    Across Rampart next to Louis Armstrong Park is the Treme neighborhood of HBO series fame. A very cool Mardi gras Indian museum is there. At Rampart and St.Louis is the crazy graveyard (all vaults above ground due to water table) in which the Hopper & Fonda characters w/ their hooker dates (Karen Black & Toni Basil... later of "Oh, Mickey" fame) tripped, boffed, wept, etc. in Easy Rider.

Git you some culture wit your Festivus Maximus

As for me I just bit down on one of the Same Day Air deals from Prime Sport/go2bowl.com.

As much as I'd love a few days in Nawlins, can't swing it workwise nor budget-wise. Bought just the airfare (plus ground transp. to/from airport , to "official Ravens pre-game party" (whatever that is), & to the Superdome, SB 47 swag, lanyard, blah, blah, blah. Substituted myown e-bay upper endzone ticket - saving about $575 vs. their ticket price in the package. That put the whirlwind of a day just +$400 over my original budget.

The One Big Day strategy just worked for Foxboro, thanks to Rorbaugh Bus (my legs are just beginning to straighten out again lol). The one day deal gives you an instant Ravens' peer group, except during the game. But I figure Upper Endzone Corner will likely be the domain of Ravens' faithful or neutrals.
    Love the tip Tucker, thanks.

Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

Helloharv... can you please call me ... Section and Row is needed. We are looking to stay under row 10 in uppers ... That place has 44 rows and is like climbing a LADDER !!!!!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

The SuperBowl is a Corporate Ad! It is the Premier Sporting Event in the USA and it will never be affordable for the average fan. It is a HUGE Cash Cow for the NFL and one of the many reasons the Players and Teams can make the money they do. Why would the NFL lower the Face Value when the demand will hold for the high prices? Add on the fact that a $850 (Face Value) is selling for over $2000 now in the Nose Bleeds? As long as they Sell Out .... Expect next year to be even higher!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I have an idea. The face value of the AFCCG LOWER LEVEL corner was $215. For the Upper Level endzone is $850 face value. How about the NFL stop fleecing people and turning the SB into a joke. Noone watches nor cares about the halftime show. And their making a million dollars a second of corporate ad's from commercials. Do they really need to jump up the face value 4 times, and really 6 times for a equal ticket for the SB? Thats BS.

Not only tha but the percentage that the Ravens get to sell at face value even is BS. Each team should get at min 30%.

End rant, just pissed I cant cough up 10k dollars. The AFCCG cost me 1/5 of that.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

If anyone is still looking for tickets or lodging...

We have two tickets for sale. (We bought through StubHub, and then got lucky enough to get in a box.) Selling for what we paid, $5100 for the pair, Sec 631, Row 11. Message me if interested.

Also one of the houses we were looking at is available, great rate, only three night minimum. Location isn't great, but it's in town, cab ride to the Stadium/Quarter.

From the owner:
    "Two Great rental properties are Still Available for The Super Bowl
    The big house called the Tchoup House (3 bdrm 2.,5 bath 2300 sqft sleeps 8-10 ppl.)
    and a smaller house (2 bdrm 2 bath 1200 sqft sleeps 4-6 ppl.) )called the Pork Tchoup
    Check them both out at www.tchouphouse.com they are connected by a shared back fence and gate.
    The rate for that Super Bowl weekend is $2,000 per night for the big house and $1,000 per night for the small house
    Rates may be negotiable."

Any thoughts on cabs from the airport? Is think going to a Vegas situation where you can wait an hour for a cab? Or are there a ton of airport cabs in NoLa? Trying to figure out if we should get other transportation from airport to the Quarter.

Can't friggin' wait!!!

6. Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Baltimore native living in NOLA for the past 15 years. I noticed a few folks without tickets coming down with families to tailgate and take it all in and I wanted to give out some Mardi Gras info.

Mardi Gras in the city is strange this year due to the super bowl. One week this week, a week off for the media circus and game, followed by the big Mardi Gras weekend after the Superbowl. However the Jefferson Parish parades that take place in Metairie (kind of like Towson is to Baltimore) and the Westbank will be going on Superbowl weekend so if you want to take the kids to experience mardi gras while you are here this is a good family freindly option.

Link to JP Mardi Gras info
    http://www.experiencejefferson.com/visitors/mardi-gras/

Direct link to Family Gras info:
    http://www.experiencejefferson.com/v...s/family-gras/

Also, as NOLAraven has already pointed out there are hundreds of places close to the dome to eat and drink. I'd like to add one of my friends places to the list. The Ugly Dog Saloon. Cheap food and drinks,Raven friendly and within walking distance to the dome. If folks are interested I can arrange drink specials and such as a place to meet on Saturday or something.

http://www.uglydogsaloon.net/

Also one last thing, if you have time while you are here try and make it to the WWII museum. It is truly amazing.

Anyone needs anything at all, either before or while they are here I can be contacted at james@nofh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Any thoughts on cabs from the airport? Is think going to a Vegas situation where you can wait an hour for a cab? Or are there a ton of airport cabs in NoLa? Trying to figure out if we should get other transportation from airport to the Quarter.

Can't friggin' wait!!!
    Louis Armstrong Airport has a ton of cabs. I've had to use cabs a few times thanks to work trips there and it was quite easy getting from the airport to downtown. Of course, it will be a longer wait because of the influx of people but I do not think you're going to be waiting for an hour.

Andouille (great SN, BTW), Can you recommend a good soul food joint?

I was going to give Willie Mae's a try but if there's one better, I'd love to hear about it.

Heading down on the cheap with 4 other Raven maniacs. I am looking to prepay for all day parking for Friday and Saturday near the French Quarter. Here are our particulars:

- Flying into Jackson, MS on Thursday
    - Staying in Gonzales for 3 nights
    - Flying out on Nawlins Sunday morning – home in time for pregame party and the big game.

As you can see, we doing this on the cheap and would like to drive into the city Friday and Saturday, park the car and do the town (as well as the NFL stuff!).

Any help would be appreciated.
    fla_rave

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post

Can't friggin' wait!!!
    I usually just hang out in Kenner or Metairie, but every couple years I take the airport shuttle, which I have found to be cleaner, cheaper and more secure than most cabbies. I last took the shuttle last summer. If you use that approach, make a reservation.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Louis Armstrong Airport has a ton of cabs. I've had to use cabs a few times thanks to work trips there and it was quite easy getting from the airport to downtown. Of course, it will be a longer wait because of the influx of people but I do not think you're going to be waiting for an hour.
    Thanks Houston

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    For some reason it wouldn't let me send you a PM ? Send me one or contact me at 717-818-8695 if interested
    What is your email and where in PA are you? I might try to reach you soon.
    Last edited by baltimorebred; 01-24-2013 at 04:54 PM.