Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Got a 2 BR townhome/condo on Kerlerec Street near the French Quarter. $1500 per night. Sleeps 4. Is that an alright location?

Also, if anyone is interested, I may have some extra tickets to the game. It's not confirmed yet, but if that is the case, I can unload them for I what I paid for them (roughly $2600 -- I think prices have gone up since then but I am not quite sure). If you are interested, please let me know.

Any thoughts on the NFL Experience? Has anyone been?

Seems like it's been changed to cater to the kids and not a lot to do for the adults.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Any thoughts on the NFL Experience? Has anyone been?

Seems like it's been changed to cater to the kids and not a lot to do for the adults.
    I did it 3 years ago in Miami when I went to the SB, it was pretty neat to see everything. A lot is for kids but adults have plenty to do as well.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Hi NOLARavenFAN,
    thanks for all your helpful advice and tips...I have a few questions I wondered if you could answer.

I am renting a tailgating RV "spot" from Royal Parking...they state they been doing 25 yrs? It's very pricey for no ammenties whatsoever (3 nite mini=$600), but waaay cheaper than SB tix. I have family of 12 and we are RVing from Maryland. I am finding all kinds of crazy talk about tailgating in N.O. as a "family".

Do you know anything about RV tailgating at 1535 Canal St "Lot"?

Our family obvs could NEVER afford SB tix to see our beloved Ravens, but we could swing a weekend roadtrip in our RV and make our own SB environment celebration tailgating with other RVers as we have been RV traveling for family vacations for several yrs and RVers in our experience have always been a great crowd and very family-friendly with the occassional exception as in all situations when you get a huge crowd..."things" are going to happen...I don't expect it to be Disney World but I don't want to be scared for our lives huddled inside our RV watching the game on TV.

Any info, advice, tips, thoughtful insight would be so very much gratefully appreciated.
    GO RAVENS!!!!
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Section502, its going to be a lot of traffic.....around the Dome and downtown on the highways, gridlocl. Especially in the afternoon. . To get to the Quarter park where I indicated and take the streetcar and walk. If you try and drive into the FQ, or around the Dome or CBD all the way to the river you are going to get into gridlock.
    NOLA, very helpful. thanks.

If you are driving to NOLA from Biloxi follow the detour on this map, and park near the blue marker, then take the streetcar down Canal. Do not take I-10 into New Orleans around the Superdome area.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...cae3ce43&msa=0
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

NOLA, couple of questions. what kind of areas are;

morgan city and diamond head? how far are they out from NO and wat kind of areas are they? i think they are 1-1.5 hours out.

regards

Hi,
    Family of 12 (10 yr old and 11 adults who act 10 LOL)....traveling in our RV to N.O. to tailgate. We are NOT fortunate to have tix for the game, but we want to jump into the SB celebration and feel like we are AT THE SUPERBOWL with our BELOVED Ravens.

We are renting an "RV Spot" at 1535 Canal Steet Lot? We have never traveled to LA and just trying to get as much helpful info/tips etc that we can. The lot "spot" is quite pricey with a 3 nite minimum charge which equals $600...no ammenities whatsoever. They say we can use run our generator...hope so b/c without the use of our RV's generator, we have no power, no water, NO TOILET....NO TV....which would be a nightmare to say the least...I of course when I am speaking about not having the TV that would be like experiencing a TEOTAWKI /SHTF event LOL.

We've been at other public places where generators were PROHIBITED..which resulted in terrible memories I'd rather forget...I am trying to avoid as many unpleasant surprises as possible...knowing that some will happen but trying to limit them LOL.

My hubby and I are organizing this thing (his idea of "organizing"?....he just says...OH WE'RE GOING!!!)...which means I'm doing all the research work and setting up EVERYTHING LOL.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this 1535 Canal Street lot is "safe"? and if anyone has an experience tailgating there before? According to Royal Parking, they've been running the lots for RV tailgating for 25 yrs.

ANY helpful tips, suggestions, guidance...ANYTHING you think helpful would be soooo very much appreciated.

GO RAVENS!!!
    Deb

We bought a package and then were lucky enough to get 4 club level seats thru an NFL Team

I have 4 upper level end zone seats sitting together to sell ---- we are selling them for exactly what they cost as part of our package ---- 2,100 each

Many people know me and have met me on this board and the old sunspot board. Please get in touch with me if you are interested.

FYI- The prepaid lots around town are quickly filling up- not certain if it's people buying them to use or then put up for resale. We've already missed one ideal spot because we wanted to see what developed on another option.

Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

We bought a package and then were lucky enough to get 4 club level seats thru an NFL Team

I have 4 upper level end zone seats sitting together to sell ---- we are selling them for exactly what they cost as part of our package ---- 2,100 each

Many people know me and have met me on this board and the old sunspot board. Please get in touch with me if you are interested.

Re: SUPER BOWL PACKAGES to fit your budget

I only wish I could afford them.

Guys, I can personally vouch for Harv as being completely trustworthy. He's good people.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...