Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Ngata Yard,
    YAAAAY! We would LOVE to have you in our wagon group of crazy Ravens Fans! I'm new to this site but will try and fig how to PM you with contact info. What is your ETA and whatcha driving? Our plan is to watch the game livestream on CBS Sports using our projector...depending on how friendly our adjacent RV neighbor...we would ideally project the game onto the side of the neighboring RV so as create the largest/best viewing image of the game...if we don't have friendly neighbors, we're just gonna project the game onto side of our RV and push our chairs back LOL.

NOLARavenFAN,
    I keep trying to post response but not showing up...hope it works this time...if it's duplicated numerous times...so sorry.

Wish we had room for our bikes but with 12 us in the RV...we barely fit LOL. I hope you stop by to say hi to our group. I'll be posting some pics of our RV decorated for the trip--we will be easy to spot if I know my group of creative "artists" they will make our RV stand out....LOL

GO RAVENS!
    Deb :-)

I have two upper level endzone tickets for sale 2150 each (what i paid for them as part of a package)

no scam here --- several people have met me in the past and bought tickets from me

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    I have two upper level endzone tickets for sale 2150 each (what i paid for them as part of a package)

no scam here --- several people have met me in the past and bought tickets from me
    Players will look like ants from up there, but its the Superbowl, right?
    I am going to watch on TV.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    NOLARavenFAN,
    I keep trying to post response but not showing up...hope it works this time...if it's duplicated numerous times...so sorry.

Wish we had room for our bikes but with 12 us in the RV...we barely fit LOL. I hope you stop by to say hi to our group. I'll be posting some pics of our RV decorated for the trip--we will be easy to spot if I know my group of creative "artists" they will make our RV stand out....LOL

GO RAVENS!
    Deb :-)
    Get a Mr. Buddy heater, it gets damp and cold at night here....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Probably no way to protect yourself. Those guys will be long gone by the time you figure out you have been scammed.

If ticket prices sound too good to be true, they probably are. If they are sold off of the street, I would be wary. If you are going to spend in the thousands on a ticket, I would go the extra mile, pay a little more and make sure I get it from a legitimate source. I know it is more expensive and could price some folks out of the market -- but it is a guaranteed thing. I wouldn't take my chances with some street scalper demanding cash.
    I agree with everything you are addressing re the street people scalping tickets. I saw it outside of the Tampa stadium in 2001. I ran into one guy who had spent a thousand bucks for two tickets ... the the "Nfl Experience".

However, I was addressing buying last minute tickets from licensed ticket brokers, who could be dumping them on Saturday/Sunday so as not to get stuck with them. Based on the recent Sunpapers article about the small number of Orbitz plane reservations from SF Bay area, there could be some tickets available this weekend.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Ngata Yard,
    YAAAAY! We would LOVE to have you in our wagon group of crazy Ravens Fans! I'm new to this site but will try and fig how to PM you with contact info. What is your ETA and whatcha driving? Our plan is to watch the game livestream on CBS Sports using our projector...depending on how friendly our adjacent RV neighbor...we would ideally project the game onto the side of the neighboring RV so as create the largest/best viewing image of the game...if we don't have friendly neighbors, we're just gonna project the game onto side of our RV and push our chairs back LOL.
    Suburbans.. will be in the lot on Friday and Saturday in one and plan to bring both down on Sunday. For Sunday, think Secret Service vehicle- EXCEPT for the Raven eyes decal on the liftgate and other Ravens Nation upgrades.

Well this has been a great thread but I've come to the realization that I probably can't go. I gambled that prices would come down (which they have) but during that waiting period flights into New Orleans, Jackson, MS and Mobile, AL are not only going up and selling out, now I can't even book a flight that will allow me to fly in, rent a car and get to the game on time. I was trying to fly in on the day of the game and get the heck out the next day. Getting a ticket is no problem for me(oh the irony), it's now getting there. Who would have thought? LOL

T - Danny and I will be meeting everyone in Jackson Square. Hopefully, some of you will be there on Thursday.

I'm going to wait to get my tickets. FYI, StubHub has a location where you can pick up tickets the day before and the day of the game. Tickets there are dropping in price every day. I figure there will be other brokers trying to unload tickets there. I may be seeking your advice on which brokers are reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I agree with everything you are addressing re the street people scalping tickets. I saw it outside of the Tampa stadium in 2001. I ran into one guy who had spent a thousand bucks for two tickets ... the the "Nfl Experience".

However, I was addressing buying last minute tickets from licensed ticket brokers, who could be dumping them on Saturday/Sunday so as not to get stuck with them. Based on the recent Sunpapers article about the small number of Orbitz plane reservations from SF Bay area, there could be some tickets available this weekend.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well this has been a great thread but I've come to the realization that I probably can't go. I gambled that prices would come down (which they have) but during that waiting period flights into New Orleans, Jackson, MS and Mobile, AL are not only going up and selling out, now I can't even book a flight that will allow me to fly in, rent a car and get to the game on time. I was trying to fly in on the day of the game and get the heck out the next day. Getting a ticket is no problem for me(oh the irony), it's now getting there. Who would have thought? LOL
    Did you try alternate airports, at both ends. e.g. Mobile, Pensacola, Baton Rouge, Jackson, even Houston, and /or Harrisburg, Philly, Reagan, Dulles, Richmond. Sometimes you luck out on weekend fares: a few years ago, I got an r/t/ fare to Indianapolis for the playoff game with three day notice for about $150. We got $230 r/t for next Friday, return Tuesday, BWI-Panama City Beach. Fares could be out there -- you just have to keep looking.

=====================================================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    T - Danny and I will be meeting everyone in Jackson Square.
    Fantastic! I haven't seen Danny in over a year. You have raised him well.

I plan to be at Jackson Square both Sat and Sunday at 2 pm. While you won't have any problem recognizing me after the recent weight loss, I'll be wearing a white jersey (Oher 74) and camo pants. Anyone who wants to find the best places to consume alligator, gumbo or beignets, come along with me. Mrs. T & I have been to the French Quarter many hundreds of times (she was born there) and we pretty well know where to go.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

[QUOTE=Mista T;571708]Did you try alternate airports, at both ends. e.g. Mobile, Pensacola, Baton Rouge, Jackson, even Houston, and /or Harrisburg, Philly, Reagan, Dulles, Richmond. Sometimes you luck out on weekend fares: a few years ago, I got an r/t/ fare to Indianapolis for the playoff game with three day notice for about $150. We got $230 r/t for next Friday, return Tuesday, BWI-Panama City Beach. Fares could be out there -- you just have to keep looking.

=======================================================================================
    Thanks for the advice Mr T. I did look at flights from BMore to Mobile and Jackson only. I ruled out Houston and Pensacola because it's my understanding that the drives are little too long and I would miss out on part of the 1st quarter. I had not considered flying out of Reagon, Dulles though. Might need to explore that option and we'll keep looking:)

What are your thoughts on parking at the NOLA airport and taking the shuttle to the Superdome? Should be plenty of parking and the shuttle ticket can be reserved.