Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Please note that when you go to pay for the tickets, sites will add on a service fee that ranges from 10% (NFL Ticket Exchange) to higher (other sites). These service fees are not reflected in the advertised price.

I have Freq Flyer booking into Houston that I can cancel w/ no penalty, cheap rental car, and hotel that can also be canceled in Baton Rouge. Am either going to go or cancel based on price movement next few days. I am also probably going to be looking for a single, as none of my buds will be traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I've been keeping an eye on single ticket prices.

When I started looking last week the cheapest single I saw (on the nfl ticket exchange site - I trust nothing else) was $2500. Now I am seeing singles for $2100.

The thing that sucks is the cheapest seats are only being offered in pairs. I saw $1800 earlier today.

But in general the prices have seemed to drop as the game gets closer.

The ticket is the easy part really...it's all of the travel stuff that is a headache...I still can't make up my mind to go or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Please note that when you go to pay for the tickets, sites will add on a service fee that ranges from 10% (NFL Ticket Exchange) to higher (other sites). These service fees are not reflected in the advertised price.
    Rather amazing, isn't it?

Several of those sites have lost their minds!!

I've seen tickets listed for like 1775.00 / ticket for a pair, and then add on an astronomical service fee.

One of them ( I think it was ticketcity) slapped on a service fee of $585.00

So as I'm watching these sites as well as ebay for several days I'm beginning to wonder what the hell happens to all these tickets that never get sold because of the prices they're asking are too high or the rip off service fees?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

I have Freq Flyer booking into Houston that I can cancel w/ no penalty, cheap rental car, and hotel that can also be canceled in Baton Rouge. Am either going to go or cancel based on price movement next few days. I am also probably going to be looking for a single, as none of my buds will be traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

I've seen tickets listed for like 1775.00 / ticket for a pair, and then add on an astronomical service fee.

So as I'm watching these sites as well as ebay for several days I'm beginning to wonder what the hell happens to all these tickets that never get sold because of the prices they're asking are too high or the rip off service fees?
    I saw that the vividseats.com site charges a $358 fee.

I am in a similar position. I am probably going to wait until Tuesday at the latest to finally decide, all the while monitoring prices to see how much movement there is.

It would be amazing if they dropped to around $1500 for a single.

I grabbed mine off of E-bay. Free expedited shipping and better seats for cheaper than the ticket brokers.

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    T,
    Panama City Beach is more like 5 hours from New Orleans. Traffic can get a little backed up in Mobile, unless you are going through in the middle of the day.

Thanks. I may have had Panama City Beach confused with Ft Walton Beach or Destin. :grbac: It doesn't matter -- we're coming down on Friday evening anyway. We'll get through Mobile at about 9 pm. The only time I saw a major traffic issue at Mobile was at a Florida rest stop past Pensacola, when those evacuating in the face of Katrina were about 1 1/2 hours behind me. I-10 was gridlocked for them, but I got through just fine.

btw: are you going to make it over to the Big Easy?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Am either going to go or cancel based on price movement next few days. I am also probably going to be looking for a single, as none of my buds will be traveling.
    Consider coming down anyway for the big party, whether or not you land a ticket. I am. So are a few others in our group of tailgaters. Note: many brokers should be in New Orleans, dumping unsold tickets.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Note: many brokers should be in New Orleans, dumping unsold tickets.
    Cash only, or will they take plastic?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Cash only, or will they take plastic?
    Don't know. I was told this by a Redskins fan, whose last trip to the SB was in the Paleolithic Age, when credit cards were rare.

9. Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

I can't see too many scalpers taking plastic, unless they got one of those paypal thingies on their smart phones. I'd prefer that, at least it offers some semblance of protection, should the tickets turn out to be phony.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I can't see too many scalpers taking plastic, unless they got one of those paypal thingies on their smart phones. I'd prefer that, at least it offers some semblance of protection, should the tickets turn out to be phony.
    Yeah, I would watch out for the scam artists. They should be out in full force next weekend.

11. Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

I mean, if you're paying cash, how do you even protect yourself? How many scalpers gonna walk up to the gate with you, hand the turnstyle dude the ticket and waiting to get paid? Probably none.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I mean, if you're paying cash, how do you even protect yourself? How many scalpers gonna walk up to the gate with you, hand the turnstyle dude the ticket and waiting to get paid? Probably none.
    Probably no way to protect yourself. Those guys will be long gone by the time you figure out you have been scammed.

If ticket prices sound too good to be true, they probably are. If they are sold off of the street, I would be wary. If you are going to spend in the thousands on a ticket, I would go the extra mile, pay a little more and make sure I get it from a legitimate source. I know it is more expensive and could price some folks out of the market -- but it is a guaranteed thing. I wouldn't take my chances with some street scalper demanding cash.