Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OJ Brigance

Re: OJ Brigance

My Uncle, a great guy, had ALS. I miss him, I hope you and your father enjoy this Super Bowl.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I'm sure you all watched OJ hand the Lamar Hunt trophy to the Ravens. I listened to him speak through his computer with my arm around my Dad, who also has ALS. the media will hype it that the Ravens are making this run for Ray or Art or Reed, etc. But, believe you me, OJ is the inspiration behind this team and he is the guy they are going to battle for.

God Bless you OJ Brigance!
    I stand corrected. OJ Brigance is toughest Raven by far.

Blog Entries

I'm sure you all watched OJ hand the Lamar Hunt trophy to the Ravens. I listened to him speak through his computer with my arm around my Dad, who also has ALS. the media will hype it that the Ravens are making this run for Ray or Art or Reed, etc. But, believe you me, OJ is the inspiration behind this team and he is the guy they are going to battle for.

God bless you and your father, Ballhawk. That was very touching.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words guys. Tspot is right, it is a dreadful disease. We take it day by day and do the best we can. My dad is a huge ravens fan, former bmore colts fan and is really enjoying this run. He actually corresponds with OJ too, they were introduced through a friend of my uncles. Both share unrivaled faith in god and unbridled passion for the ravens.

If anybody wants to know more about ALS or what they can do to help, check out the Brigance Brigade. It is OJ's foundation and they really do a great job of getting awareness out and helping out those suffering from ALS and their families.

Thx for sharing Ballhawk, cool story.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words guys. Tspot is right, it is a dreadful disease. We take it day by day and do the best we can. My dad is a huge ravens fan, former bmore colts fan and is really enjoying this run. He actually corresponds with OJ too, they were introduced through a friend of my uncles. Both share unrivaled faith in god and unbridled passion for the ravens.

If anybody wants to know more about ALS or what they can do to help, check out the Brigance Brigade. It is OJ's foundation and they really do a great job of getting awareness out and helping out those suffering from ALS and their families.
    Thanks for sharing. ALS needs more awareness. The Brigance Brigade is a great organization that really helps with that.

http://www.brigancebrigade.org/

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link GOTA. I still haven't figured out how to link stuff from my smartphone, lol.

I met OJ in fourth grade when he and some other members of the Baltimore Stallions CFL team came to my school to play kick ball with my class. It was pretty fun and those guys were really nice.

Here's a video from his website...just powerful stuff: http://youtu.be/PXG4OeAvOjI

I had forgotten:
    > OJ was a Baltimore Stallion.
    > OJ made the first tackle (kick-off return) in SB35.

It is very sad to see the progression of the disease in just a short 5 years.

I've been critical of the Ravens for devaluing the Ring of Honor with some past inductees...but in OJ's case, I think his contribution to the team and his community trumps anything he did on the field (not that he was a bad player). #57 should go up into the ROH.

The only player to ever win both a Grey Cup and a Super Bowl for the same city.

Sad story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Thanks for sharing. ALS needs more awareness. The Brigance Brigade is a great organization that really helps with that.

http://www.brigancebrigade.org/
    I agree, and as you know GOTA, my house was half destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. While my family is still dealing with our losses, there are people who are more in need than we are. This may not be a football related post, but it's from a die hard Ravens fan (me) who feels for others in need. As our house is being rebuilt (in Brooklyn, New York), we still want to give to others who have lost a great deal more than we have. Thanks for your post... Bc

The mother of a friend I have here in Colorado was just diagnosed with ALS. I fear for what her family's life will be like for the next few years.