Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Lost in all the cries for a flag being thrown . . .

If a flag is thrown on Brady, it stops the clock and gives the Patriots about 17-18 seconds to compose themselves and take a couple of shots into the end zone. Instead, they fail to call a time out, the clock runs down, and they settle for a field goal.

No flag on that play actually benefited the Ravens.
    Exactly what I thought in hindsight. But at the time, it begged for something. The league won't fine him, but if you look at his other slides, none have his right leg in such a high position with a little foot kick at the end. That was completely intentional.

I watch a lot of football, therefore I see a lot of quarterbacks slide.

Not once, ever, until last night, have I seen a sliding QB's leg fly up high, spikes directed at a defender's leg.

The idea that it was "just an accident" is laughable but there are people out there trying to peddle that notion with a straight face!

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    The idea that it was "just an accident" is laughable but there are people out there trying to peddle that notion with a straight face!
    To be fair the people I've heard defending it are being roundly mocked/dismissed right now. Seems most of the football viewing world (if we can very simply say that "most" is half plus one) is in agreement that this was a dirty move.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I watch a lot of football, therefore I see a lot of quarterbacks slide.

Not once, ever, until last night, have I seen a sliding QB's leg fly up high, spikes directed at a defender's leg.

I played baseball for most of my life and it's definitely not natural for a leg to kick up like that when sliding. He definitely did it on purpose. Scum bags

I said it before the game and I'll say it again FUCK LADY BRADY!

He's looking at Reed's leg. No doubt he intentionally kicked him. The NFL needs to fine him.

Attachment 1360

Anyone not convinced yet? Here's another video angle. After the initial stabbing kick, he does an additional up kick that knocks Reed off balance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2520080.html
    Last edited by Bigfish; 01-21-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Attachment 1363

"I am a man who will fight for your honor. I'll be the hero, you've been dreaming of. Gonna live forever, knowing together that we did it all for the glory of love"

WAX ON - WAX OFF!!!

Brady looked like a whinny ass little girl on that play. Giselle should be ashamed of him disparaging womanhood that way!

Blog Entries

I think it was intentional, but I don't think there are any rules against it. The NFL isn't interested in protecting defensive players from QB's.

The whole "slide" rule is garbage, imo, and the officials usually get the spot of the ball wrong after they slide. They did on the Brady Kick play, too. The ball is supposed to be spotted where they start the slide. Invariably, they get 2-3 yards after that.

Steve Young is the QB who turned me against sliding. He was smart. He was like a fullback in the open field when he broke contain, and he'd watch the defender/s. If they held up waiting for him to slide, he'd lower the shoulder and try to truck them. If they came at him aggressively, he'd try to slide as late as possible and draw a flag for unnecessary roughness for hitting him while he was sliding. As I said, smart on his part, but an unfair advantage given to a big, athletic QB by the rules.

Blog Entries

Honestly i think some of the poor clock management was because he was surprised. Whethers thays because he did it without trying to or because there was no flag is up for debate. To me he clearly looked a little frazzeled and eventually snapped out of it but not in time to get another play off.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Anyone not convinced yet? Here's another video angle. After the initial stabbing kick, he does an additional up kick that knocks Reed off balance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2520080.html
    Holy crap Bigfish you are right. In that video the second-effort snap-kick at the end is clear as day.

Effin' Brady. What a turd. I want him to be fined and shamed for this, but I won't hold my breath.