Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If theres a penalty then wouldnt there have been a 10 second run off?
    Not if they have a time out, which they did.

Last night it immediately thought that Brady was not necessarily trying to kick Reed, but trying to make himself a bigger target in hopes of drawing a 15 yd RTP penalty. The angle above looks more like an intentional kick. Either way, a real "bitch" move.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    No flag on that play actually benefited the Ravens.
    Nobody knows what might have happened.
    Hell we could have made an interception and ran it back for a TD.

Blog Entries
    It was a bitch move, why is anyone surprised?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

5. Re: The Brady Kick

You know, if his leg just flew partway up when he slid, maybe he's just physically awkward. But at the end of that clip, he's on his ass and not moving anymore and he clearly pushes his leg up higher in a kicking motion.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Lost in all the cries for a flag being thrown . . .

If a flag is thrown on Brady, it stops the clock and gives the Patriots about 17-18 seconds to compose themselves and take a couple of shots into the end zone. Instead, they fail to call a time out, the clock runs down, and they settle for a field goal.

No flag on that play actually benefited the Ravens.
    Except that the Patriots would have been backed up 15 yards as well, which may or may not have been better for the Ravens. I do think it was intentional and I do think Brady should be fined, but I doubt it is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    You know, if his leg just flew partway up when he slid, maybe he's just physically awkward. But at the end of that clip, he's on his ass and not moving anymore and he clearly pushes his leg up higher in a kicking motion.
    When you see his leg it stays stiff and he extends it into Reeds leg. If it was unintentional...his leg would have moved to the side or flexed at the knee more than it did. Brady pushed (kicked) his leg into Reed......

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Nobody knows what might have happened.
    True, but the point is that the Patriots didn't have that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I said in the game thread that this play was inexcusable. Ive.never seen such a blatant attempt to injury a player. Simms and nance should be ashamed for saying he was protecting himself.
    I'm still not sure which it was: trying to protect himself or trying to get in a cheap shot. I wouldn't put either past him. The only reason I believe he may have been trying to protect himself is that Brady seems to do everything possible to prevent someone from getting a hit on him. I fully believe he would throw out a kick like that out of fear, even if it's unnecessary because he's already sliding.

Either way, further proof that while he's a great QB, he's also the softest player in the NFL.

It's pretty unfathomable to me that an NFL player would rather avoid a hit than fight for a 1st down in the AFC championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Flacco doesn't slide. Just ask that Bronco linebacker from a couple years ago.

JOE TRUCKS MEN OVER WHEN HE RUNS.
    No doubt. Flacco fights like a man and isn't afraid to take a hit when the chips are down. He also doesn't get tackled by referees. :)

Brady might as well have gone "Hi-yah" is how obvious a karate kick that was.

As I trolled to the one Pats fan I didn't like, that is why Brady is so HUMBLE and SPORTSMANLIKE, right? Guy is the biggest whiner in the world and pulls that shit. Unreal.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Kyle--
    IMO, and trying to keep things in perspective, it IS fathomable that an NFL player would avoid a hit rather than fight for a first down based simply on the fact that there's the "slide rule".

But that being said, I officiated soccer for a lot of years, and played for a lot more, and I admit that watching the game on the tube can be deceiving at times when you see what looks like a dirty play - and it's not, or what looks like a clean play - and it's not. What I saw, and it seemed very clear to me, was Brady trying to get in a cheap shot. Reed hurdled Brady like Moreno hurdled Reed in order to avoid contact. IMO, Brady clearly was looking to make contact.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Kyle--
    IMO, and trying to keep things in perspective, it IS fathomable that an NFL player would avoid a hit rather than fight for a first down based simply on the fact that there's the "slide rule".

But that being said, I officiated soccer for a lot of years, and played for a lot more, and I admit that watching the game on the tube can be deceiving at times when you see what looks like a dirty play - and it's not, or what looks like a clean play - and it's not. What I saw, and it seemed very clear to me, was Brady trying to get in a cheap shot. Reed hurdled Brady like Moreno hurdled Reed in order to avoid contact. IMO, Brady clearly was looking to make contact.
    Pollard who was right there also said that it was intentional. He had a clear a view as anyone and wasn't watching it on TV. Your old ref instincts are completely correct on this one.