Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Brady is undoubtedly one of the all time greats, but that slide tackle was borderline ejection worthy- there is a reason they call those challenges 'leg breakers' in soccer. If Reed has his leg planted at the point of impact, it's sayonara.

You almost have to wonder if Reed was being targeted- they certainly had no qualms about nailing him on the fair catch (the lack of flag thrown there is another issue for another day...).
    That was another blatant call they just didnt call along with the pitta defenseless. I have no idea how anybody can watch that game and come away that it was fairly called. The fact we rose above it and won anyway speaks volumes about our boys.
    -JAB

I don't think Brady meant to do it, but I am certainly not sure. If he did, it was really dumb, especially after Suh did something similar. Luckily for him, everyone will move on with the SB hype.

More importantly, I think the comparisons of how these QBs scrambled was really telling of how the teams performed in general. Brady just didn't want to get hit, and even threw an incompletion when he could have run for a first, whereas Flacco was going to fight for every yard.

Love this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    I don't think Brady meant to do it, but I am certainly not sure. If he did, it was really dumb, especially after Suh did something similar. Luckily for him, everyone will move on with the SB hype.

More importantly, I think the comparisons of how these QBs scrambled was really telling of how the teams performed in general. Brady just didn't want to get hit, and even threw an incompletion when he could have run for a first, whereas Flacco was going to fight for every yard.

Love this team.
    Wait all the Pats fans said Flacco was soft?

I think the only reason they didn't flag Brady is hat they WOULD have had to throw him out and there was no way they were throwing Tom Brady out of the AFCCG unfortunately. They should have, but they would have been crucified before making it out of town. That aside though, the disparity in PF calls was awful. As soon as I saw Ridley get taken out I knew the game was over.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    The referee stopped the clock. Not entirely sure why. Play ended with 8:11 on the clock I believe, and we ended up snapping the ball around 7:46 I think. They did mess around with the play clock however. I was really confused (and angry).
    The clock is always stopped on a sack, and restarted once the ball is spotted by the official at the new LOS. Flacco was tackled behind the LOS, so it was a sack, and the rules were applied correctly. Let's not be paranoid here.

The 3-second sideline pass, OTOH, was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Wow. Looks pretty obvious -- AND intentional -- from that gif.

BRADY IS A PUNK... unreal

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

From that angle its pretty obvious, isn't it?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

NFL should really fine Brady.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I totally agree! I was soooooo pissed that there was no flag!
    Lost in all the cries for a flag being thrown . . .

If a flag is thrown on Brady, it stops the clock and gives the Patriots about 17-18 seconds to compose themselves and take a couple of shots into the end zone. Instead, they fail to call a time out, the clock runs down, and they settle for a field goal.

No flag on that play actually benefited the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Lost in all the cries for a flag being thrown . . .

If a flag is thrown on Brady, it stops the clock and gives the Patriots about 17-18 seconds to compose themselves and take a couple of shots into the end zone. Instead, they fail to call a time out, the clock runs down, and they settle for a field goal.

No flag on that play actually benefited the Ravens.
    If theres a penalty then wouldnt there have been a 10 second run off?
    -JAB