Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: The Brady Kick

Don't mean to pile on, but what the heck --

I understand that Brady and the Pats offense wanted to run a very hurried up offense, and I guess if you let the officials know beforehand that you want the ball spotted as quickly as possible that they should try and honor that request. And it looked like the officials DID do a good job of spotting the ball quickly for NE, to the point where I saw a couple of times where an official almost fell on his ass dashing to the LOS, putting the ball down and trying to fly out of the way to let NE do their thing.

Again, I have no problem with that, it's good tactics by NE IMHO.

BUT (Beau's big butt), why weren't the officials providing the same set-up/spot of the ball for the Ravens? I can recall several times where Rice, Pierce and a few other guys were standing near where they were tackled, wanted to get the ball to the official(s) to spot it, and they were looking...and loooking. and loooooking....and no official in sight! Seemed kinda weird, especially one time where Rice got up after one carry and started spinning around in search of anyone to spot the ball.

How about Brady falling to the turf like a pussy when he brushed against that ref's elbow? That was almost as bad as Sanchez's "butt fumble"!

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I was apoplectic over that, especially after the Ravens had been flagged for, I think, three personal fouls already by that point, all of which were not half as severe as this.

Then Pitta comes back and scores a TD on the very next play. Dennis Pitta, sir, I tip my hat to you. Way to play tough.
    And I think Coach Harbaugh was about to blow a fuse on the sideline after that non-call. (He was also "perplexed" at how, with 2:05 left in the game, a play could be run that took more than 3 seconds, yet the clock only went down to 2:02.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Jesus Christ with the cheating shit again. It may have been a dirty play, intentional or not. Maybe it warranted a penalty, maybe not. But it was ONE play. I doubt Brady is enough of an athletic kickboxer to aim specifically at Ed Reed's knee on a designed "Hey guys I'm gonna scramble and blow his knee out" play. Freak accident if any injury came of it.
    I think someone is due a timeout.
    Sent from my Linux workstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    We all knew that the Ravens would havce to beat both the Patriots and the Refs and it was clearly illustrated before a National TV audience tonight.

Our guy hits their receiver with his shoulder and draws a personal foul.
    Their QB tries to denut Ed Reed and there is no flag.
    Dennis Pitta gets his head completely jerked backwards from a blatant head to head hit and there is no call.

The Cheatriots and the NFL should be asshamed of themselves.

I imagine that the NFL will fine the guy who jacked Pitta up. However, the disparity of these "defensless receiver" calls this season should merit an apology from the NFL, and the Patriot organization should be exposed as the pitiful cheating bastards that they are.

The whole world saw it Mr. Goodell and Mr. Kraft. You can deny it all you want but both of you are fucking liars and we're going to the Super Bowl despite your best efforts to cheat us out of it.

Go Ravens!!!
    And don't forget the magical time clock. You remember, right? It was 2:05, they ran a play that took more than 3 seconds, yet after the player went out of bounds, there were still 2 seconds left before the 2 minute warning. How is THAT possible? Coach Harbaugh sure wanted to know. What a truly magical place it is up there in razor stadium, Foxborough Mass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    And I think Coach Harbaugh was about to blow a fuse on the sideline after that non-call. (He was also "perplexed" at how, with 2:05 left in the game, a play could be run that took more than 3 seconds, yet the clock only went down to 2:02.)
    There was also a Flacco run/sack where the clock stopped even though he was tackled in bounds. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There was also a Flacco run/sack where the clock stopped even though he was tackled in bounds. Amazing.
    Truly.

I was watching the game with two Patriots fans and another Ravens fan. One of the Patriots fans is a good friend and is a roommate (he actually stuck to his word and has already changed part of his name to "Joseph Flacco" on FB, per our bet.) But the other one I didn't know. I made his life HELL after Brady's kick. I wanted him to feel fucking BAD that he roots for a cheap-shotting punk bitch.

Go make some more Uggs commercials, cheater. Then help take down that embarrassing billboard your fans paid for in New England.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

I think they should leave the billboard up, and reset the clock to 2/3/2013.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

10. Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The referee stopped the clock. Not entirely sure why. Play ended with 8:11 on the clock I believe, and we ended up snapping the ball around 7:46 I think. They did mess around with the play clock however. I was really confused (and angry).

Blog Entries

I said in the game thread that this play was inexcusable. Ive.never seen such a blatant attempt to injury a player. Simms and nance should be ashamed for saying he was protecting himself. The slide is intended to be protection which is why reed was jumping OVER him. That was blatant intent to harm with spikes out and aiming for his knee. He should be fined and suspended if the NFL is seriously about play safety.
    -JAB

Brady is undoubtedly one of the all time greats, but that slide tackle was borderline ejection worthy- there is a reason they call those challenges 'leg breakers' in soccer. If Reed has his leg planted at the point of impact, it's sayonara.

You almost have to wonder if Reed was being targeted- they certainly had no qualms about nailing him on the fair catch (the lack of flag thrown there is another issue for another day...).