Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Excell-
    Welp, to tell you the truth, I'm off of work today...and tomorrow....and the next day, and the next day, and.....:happyanim Need to get my petard in gear and go check on how the cabinet guys are doing with their install!

To all, Happy New Year! I wish you nothing but health, happiness and prosperity IN ADDITION to the joy of fandom for the Ravens, and their impending Super Bowl crown!!!

GOOO RAVENS!
    I probably won't be talking too much trash about this game. I like to follow the rule that if you don't talk trash before the game, you shouldn't talk much trash after the game. However, I will try to enjoy this time. It's been fun.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

You're correct, of course, I shouldn't count the chickens before they hatch, and honestly, this is going to be a tough game. However, I'm feeling very confident that the Ravens are going to show well, regardless of the outcome.

But to stay on topic, it just frosts my nertz when the wife of a guy (Welker) who has seemed to be nothing BUT class, and is by virtually any account a true star, has to act in such an immature and irresponsible manner by dragging out Ray's (and by his own admission) mistakes in Atlanta, ostensibly under the guise of "Golly, gee, I just got caught up in the moment!"

She sounds like the Atlanta DA....

Aside from the Pats board homers, almost everyone else across the country is seeing this as flagrantly intentional kick. I've heard the arguments, and I believe they run contrary to close and unbiased observation. The act Brady performed is by definition, a kick (to strike out with the foot or feet), and is a punishable offense as a personal foul in the NFL rule book. His foot stabbed at Reed's knee with his eyes clearly focused on what he was doing, the video and photographic evidence is indisputable on this. What I don't know is what was going on in head to make him think this was a good idea. Whatever it was, it was wrong and his behavior should be recognized and punished. The NFL statements about player safety would be supported by a fine, otherwise it's rhetoric.

Attachment 1368

Blog Entries

NFL A.M was calling brady out on it again this morning, it low class and done with intent everyone knows it and brady should be fined for it.

Per ESPN the league is reviewing the play now, we'll see if anything comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Per ESPN the league is reviewing the play now, we'll see if anything comes of it.
    Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ed-nfl-sources

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I see the league not fining and the rationale being, "Well, we couldn't judge intent." Then you will say, "What about Suh?" And the league will respond, "Well, Suh was a repeat offender. Brady isn't." And around and around we will go.

Just let it go. We have a big and difficult game to play in two weeks and our focus should be on that. The league will do whatever it will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Just let it go. We have a big and difficult game to play in two weeks and our focus should be on that. The league will do whatever it will do.
    Pfft... you suiting up? ...Tightening your chin strap and all that. Lol.

For Fans, these two weeks are about stories, media, and hype. Let the team get prepared while we talk shit, buy beer, and plan the Super Bowl evening menu.

P.S. When/If Brady gets fined... Then, (and only then) can we begin to discuss the end of their dynasty! I hope they fall hard. Because I hate the Patriots more than the Steelers.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 01-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Pfft... you suiting up? ...Tightening your chin strap and all that. Lol.

For Fans, these two weeks are about stories, media, and hype. Let the team get prepared while we talk shit, but beer, and plan the Super Bowl evening menu.
    That always cracks me up when people say that we need to focus on the game. Last time I checked, none of us that are posting are on the Ravens roster or staff.

The Patriots game is ancient history to the Ravens coaches and players at this point.

Nothing's going to come of it. Suh did the same thing but even more flagrantly, and he was a repeat offender, and the league didn't do anything.

As bad as it was - and it *was* bad - the league has set the bar pretty high for discipline in the case of a player going to the ground and kicking up into another player.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I need a distraction, one week thinking about the Pats game was brutal, 2 weeks will be an eternity. I'm encouraged the league is looking into this at the least, we'll see how they rule. I would hope they would discourage others from gutlessly kicking at a defender's knee in the future.

Attachment 1369

Blog Entries

Ed Reed: Tom Brady texted me to apologize for slide
    "Leg is feeling alright. A little sore right now," Reed told WJZ-FM on Monday. "A little slide kick (by Brady), you know what I'm saying. But it's a tough spot the quarterback's in. You know, I understand Brady's point. Him protecting himself. I know he's a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.

"I told him -- you know, we talked. We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him ... and he's just apologized and what not. But I told him, 'You know, it's good, man.'"

Reed also added context to what occurred in the heat of the moment:

"For the most part, I didn't say anything to him when he said something to me at the game," Reed said. "... He was going, 'You want to play like that, let's go.' But no, Brady's a great competitor and I love going against him and I know where his heart is at for this game. It was all good."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gize-for-slide