Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Re: The Brady Kick

So, is an apology an acknowledgement of wrong doing? And if so, does admitting to wrong doing play any roll in the helping the NFL make their decision on a fine?

Interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Pfft... you suiting up? ...Tightening your chin strap and all that. Lol.

For Fans, these two weeks are about stories, media, and hype. Let the team get prepared while we talk shit, buy beer, and plan the Super Bowl evening menu.

P.S. When/If Brady gets fined... Then, (and only then) can we begin to discuss the end of their dynasty! I hope they fall hard. Because I hate the Patriots more than the Steelers.
    I am. I am working on my Seven Nation Army chant and how it might be heard from the nosebleeds. See, this time, I might actually be heard by someone (other than my wife and kids) when I yell at missed calls and bad reffing.

Of course it won't matter what I do or think (unless I somehow get a direct line to the football gods between now and February 3).

But if you think Roger Goodell is going to fine Brady for that cheap shot, well, you are a lot more optimistic than I am.

iggyman555 Guest

Bet giselle made him call. His kids saw it happen and it made mommy mad with daddy.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    HA!

ESPN stating that Brady will be "reviewed" by league officials for the kick.

I am sure they will do nothing about it...but hey, at least they acknowledged it existed! More than Simms and Nantz did during the game...
    Heard that this evening. I think it's deserved and hopefully the league will levy a fine. Why should offensive players be exempt from these types of things. Brady put his leg/foot up to protect himself from Reed, but he crossed the line when he kicked him. A clear act of intent.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

It's not like Brady kicked any of us. I think if Reed is willing to accept the apology and let it go, perhaps we as fans should do the same. The league is going to go what the league is going to do.

Blog Entries

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Bhc--
    Your Kung Fu is strong, grasshopper!

Blog Entries

Reed puts Brady kick to rest as Brady apologizes while NFL investigates

Ed basically says it was just one of those things. Brady slid and was trying to protect himself.
    He said Brady isn't a dirty player and he respects him and his game.

Ed also said Brady reached out to him after the game and they talked by phone. Ed said it's good
    man.

Meanwhile, the NFL investigates to see if a fine is warranted.

Case closed or almost closed.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...1-736e00bbd737

Blog Entries

been out of commission the last couple days but the apology is 100% admission of guilt. You dont apologize for something unless you thought it was wrong. Suh played it better by just flat out ignoring that even happened. So in this case, honesty should actually be punished. That is if the NFL is serious about protecting its players as whole and not just hypocritical and only about its offensive stars...
    -JAB

Re: Reed puts Brady kick to rest as Brady apologizes while NFL investigates

IMO, the fine should be given. IF your going to be all about player safety than go ahead and be that - consistently.

Blog Entries

Re: Reed puts Brady kick to rest as Brady apologizes while NFL investigates

The nfl is investigating according the the link but we'll see. I disagree with
    the Suh statement playing it better. Pleading the 5th amendment in court is
    the same as admitting guilt. Keeping quiet is the same.

It takes a big man to apologize and a big one to accept.

I respect the apology. If Ed doesn't have a prob with it neither should we. He
    put it to rest.