Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Anyone not convinced yet? Here's another video angle. After the initial stabbing kick, he does an additional up kick that knocks Reed off balance.
    I agree it was intentionally dirty, but the "up kick" as you say it was caused by Reed's leg hitting and then dragging Brady's foot upwards

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Naw, he's been cool most of the week. He's just frustrated.
    he's an azz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I grew up in Baltimore, and now live in New England. I watch the Patriots. I root for them as my #2 team. I've always been inclined to defend them and Tom Brady when I see the attacks they get here and elsewhere.

Then I saw Tom Brady aim his spikes at Ed Reed's leg.

Eff it. Brady is a cheap ass punk. Glad he's headed to his sofa.
    Living in NE and experiencing first-hand this Bostonian arrogance and snobishness is the very reason I could never make this pretentious fan base my #1, #2, or #3.

Brady was being Brady; a very, very, mediocre 6th round draft pick playing without stolen signs, and without Vinetari.

Brady never had to throw a game winning TD, and he never did, just get into Vinetari's range, or run behind a ref and drop!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re-reading this thread, and I don't see anything about something so obvious that I'm surprised.

Ignoring the ideas of Brady being a pussy or that he's afraid of contact, I think ANY sensible player who carries the ball (with the possible exception of Leach;) tends to avoid contact to minimize the risk of losing the ball; thus, I can't criticize Brady for not wanting to get crunched. However, if Brady is so clever with his elite QB mind for football tactics, why not avoid sticking your leg up and risking a penalty, and MAYBE take one for the team if Reed does something stupid like hit you after you started and were into your slide?

That would have been a 15 yard penalty and first down AND a clock stoppage, all critical elements for a possible NE comeback.

I'll say it again - Brady tried to kick Reed in whatever body part was floating by as he slid.

Want to get a good laugh from a pathetic thread on Boston.com website? http://www.boston.com/community/foru...fl/100/6515396

Read the post below:

Baltimore Ravens are a thug team and should be banned from playing in NFL. All game long they took late hits against the Pats, taking shots against the Pats when they were on the ground,out abounds or in the air. I have never seen so many helmut to helmut hits as last night by the Ravens. Their style of play will lead to the end of professional football !!

The Ravens defense plays "Tatumn style defense" led by Pollard who should be thrown out of the league.The man has taken out Welker, Gronk and Ridley with illegal head to head hits. Why does the NFL allow him to keep playing. Lewis is another crazy man who leads with his helmut and takes cheap shots at players already on the ground .

With concussions being a huge problem in the league why would the league allow teams like the Ravens to excist at all? The Ravens style of play has caused most of the head injuries we are now seeing on retired players,like Jr Seau.Repeated head injuries cause brain desease like Alzimers and Parkisons.

If the Ravems win the Superbowl other teams will try and copy their style of defense and more players will get seriously hurt. The NFL should take a look at the film, fine the Ravens coach for promoting this goon style of play and bannish Pollard from the league. If the league does nothing---they will be condoning the head hunting and attorney's for the injured will file law suit after lawsuit against the NFL. The league will fold and Football will be dead .

Sad Day in America

How sweet it is. Their bitterness is oh so refreshing. Carry on Cheatriots/hypocrites, carry on.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Want to get a good laugh from a pathetic thread on Boston.com website? http://www.boston.com/community/foru...fl/100/6515396
    In their defense, several posters called out this post as idiotic, and at least one explained that the kind of helmet-to-helmet hit Pollard dished out is not illegal. A lot of them said they wished the Patriots had a hard-hitting defense instead of the soft one they had.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    In their defense, several posters called out this post as idiotic, and at least one explained that the kind of helmet-to-helmet hit Pollard dished out is not illegal. A lot of them said they wished the Patriots had a hard-hitting defense instead of the soft one they had.
    Agreed. The very first post was the ridiculous one that I highlighted. I understand the sore loser mentality but this guy just completely takes it to a whole new level.

9. Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Brady should've been ejected for that. Sliding into someone with spikes can severely hurt them. I've seen it happen plenty of times playing baseball.
    Baseball players can wear metal spikes.
    Football players don't use metal spikes as they are too dangerous.
    Remember when Suh stomped on that O-lineman's arm? If he'd been wearing metal spikes and with him weighing 300 pounds, he'd have pierced the guys arm down to the bone.

What Brady did should have been flagged, but it wasn't the spikes that were the threat to Reed.
    It was getting kicked in the groin or kneecap by Brady.

Watch the replay in slow-mo; you'll see Brady doesn't just raise his leg to shield himself--he kicks out with his foot at Reed in a similar manner as Suh did to Schaub.
    That was not an accident; that was intentional by Brady and it was unnecessary--he actually risked injuring himself doing that (Reed could have fallen on his leg while it was fully extended)

Brady owes Reed an apology.
    And the NFL should fine him (but they won't of course)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Baseball players can wear metal spikes.
    Football players don't use metal spikes as they are too dangerous.
    Remember when Suh stomped on that O-lineman's arm? If he'd been wearing metal spikes and with him weighing 300 pounds, he'd have pierced the guys arm down to the bone.

What Brady did should have been flagged, but it wasn't the spikes that were the threat to Reed.

Watch the replay in slow-mo; you'll see Brady doesn't just raise his leg to shield himself--he kicks out with his leg at Reed in a similar manner as Suh did to Schaub.
    That was not an accident; that was intentional by Brady and it was unnecessary--he actually risked injuring himself doing that (Reed could have fallen on his leg while it was fully extended)

Brady owes Reed an apology.
    And the NFL should fine him (but they won't of course)
    Even without metal spikes, if he caught Reed's leg when Reed had it firmly planted, it would've snapped Reed's leg easily.

11. Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post

Read the post below:

Baltimore Ravens are a thug team and should be banned from playing in NFL. All game long they took late hits against the Pats, taking shots against the Pats when they were on the ground,out abounds or in the air. I have never seen so many helmut to helmut hits as last night by the Ravens. Their style of play will lead to the end of professional football !!

The Ravens defense plays "Tatumn style defense" led by Pollard who should be thrown out of the league.The man has taken out Welker, Gronk and Ridley with illegal head to head hits. Why does the NFL allow him to keep playing. Lewis is another crazy man who leads with his helmut and takes cheap shots at players already on the ground .

With concussions being a huge problem in the league why would the league allow teams like the Ravens to excist at all? The Ravens style of play has caused most of the head injuries we are now seeing on retired players,like Jr Seau.Repeated head injuries cause brain desease like Alzimers and Parkisons.

If the Ravems win the Superbowl other teams will try and copy their style of defense and more players will get seriously hurt. The NFL should take a look at the film, fine the Ravens coach for promoting this goon style of play and bannish Pollard from the league. If the league does nothing---they will be condoning the head hunting and attorney's for the injured will file law suit after lawsuit against the NFL. The league will fold and Football will be dead .

Sad Day in America
    I can't recall ever seeing so much pure unmitigated fail in a single forum post before.

Even Skip Brainless would be appalled (or impressed?)

12. Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Even without metal spikes, if he caught Reed's leg when Reed had it firmly planted, it would've snapped Reed's leg easily.
    *ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post