Blog Entries

Re: The Brady Kick

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    *ahem*
    lol touche

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I can't recall ever seeing so much pure unmitigated fail in a single forum post before.

Even Skip Brainless would be appalled (or impressed?)
    I think as punishment, the author of that Boston.com post should be made to repeat 7th grade...again!

Blog Entries

HA!

ESPN stating that Brady will be "reviewed" by league officials for the kick.

I am sure they will do nothing about it...but hey, at least they acknowledged it existed! More than Simms and Nantz did during the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Re-reading this thread, and I don't see anything about something so obvious that I'm surprised.

Ignoring the ideas of Brady being a pussy or that he's afraid of contact, I think ANY sensible player who carries the ball (with the possible exception of Leach;) tends to avoid contact to minimize the risk of losing the ball; thus, I can't criticize Brady for not wanting to get crunched. However, if Brady is so clever with his elite QB mind for football tactics, why not avoid sticking your leg up and risking a penalty, and MAYBE take one for the team if Reed does something stupid like hit you after you started and were into your slide?

That would have been a 15 yard penalty and first down AND a clock stoppage, all critical elements for a possible NE comeback.

I'll say it again - Brady tried to kick Reed in whatever body part was floating by as he slid.
    See post #50. I still believe Brady lost time waiting for the refs to throw the flag on Reed for contact after his slide began. I wished Reed had stepped on his throwing hand, but I'm glad he didn't. Worked out for the best.

Pats fans are classy!

regarding the kick.
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ide-page3.html

R2B--
    Is that considered a roughing the passer penalty at the point the QB has passed the LOS and then goes into a slide? (I guess, as opposed to unnecessary roughness/contact)

In any event, if your theory is correct (i.e., Brady was hoping to get a call on Reed for contact by sticking his leg out and adding an overt kick at him), Brady's goofier than I thought. Consider that a leg whip by a player trying to tackle another is illegal. I really can't imagine an objective reviewer from the NFL suits seeing the various replay angles of the play and determining there was not malice in Brady's heart.

Blog Entries

I don't use this term often, but that was a bitch move by Brady. I see that he didn't have shit to do when Ngata was bearing down on his bitch ass. He threw that ball into the middle of nowhere.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I just read that Brady is pulling out of the Pro Bowl due to an undisclosed injury....his pride most likely.

Furry--
    I saw another link at your posted one, and I can only chuckle, recalling Jim Mora's favorite tirade, recited herein by that heroine of quality, integrity, status and style, the articulate and erudite Anna Burns Welker (Mrs. Wes)--

"What's that? Ah -- Class? Don't talk about -- class?! You kidding me?! Class?! I just hope we can kick Ray Lewis in the balls in a game! Another game!"

[ed.note--In a sense of full disclosure, Anna DID "apologize" later.]

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    R2B--
    Is that considered a roughing the passer penalty at the point the QB has passed the LOS and then goes into a slide? (I guess, as opposed to unnecessary roughness/contact)

In any event, if your theory is correct (i.e., Brady was hoping to get a call on Reed for contact by sticking his leg out and adding an overt kick at him), Brady's goofier than I thought. Consider that a leg whip by a player trying to tackle another is illegal. I really can't imagine an objective reviewer from the NFL suits seeing the various replay angles of the play and determining there was not malice in Brady's heart.
    Hitting a QB after he's started his slide costs 15 yds. (Depending on who the QB is...). I don't think he believed his effort would look so obvious, and with the Ravens reputation for penalties, and his success motioning for flags, he thought he could pull it off. Some of the pre-game stuff about his consuming competitiveness leads me to believe he would do anything to prevail.

Blog Entries

Beau strikes!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Excell-
    Welp, to tell you the truth, I'm off of work today...and tomorrow....and the next day, and the next day, and.....:happyanim Need to get my petard in gear and go check on how the cabinet guys are doing with their install!

To all, Happy New Year! I wish you nothing but health, happiness and prosperity IN ADDITION to the joy of fandom for the Ravens, and their impending Super Bowl crown!!!

GOOO RAVENS!