Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

So, has Caldwell earned the OC position?

Discuss!

(I've always loved it when people post that!)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: So, has Caldwell earned the OC position?

I'm actually more concerned at the moment he may get another HC job after this.

But who would have thought a guy that never called plays before, and by some account acted like he didn't even WANT the job, would be racking up 400/500 yard games nearly consistently??

Close, but not yet.

I still think we'd have to win the big one in order to look past the other candidates.

Blog Entries

If he doesnt get a head coaching job i would be shocked if he wasnt offered the OC job next season. He has done a great job. the only thing I wish he would have done was a little more play action in the 2nd half and OT

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Discuss!

(I've always loved it when people post that!)
    I thought his play-calling in the OT period was pathetically conservative and predictable. And if Cam had been the one calling those plays (run Ray up the gut on 1st and 2nd, throw to Pitta or Q on 3rd-and-5), people would be apoplectic, and we'd probably have 3 multi-page threads discussing it, even after the win.

Having said that, we really only have 3 games to judge Caldwell on: the Giants, Colts and (2nd) Broncos games, and my general impression is that in those 3 games, Joe seems much more comfortable executing the game plan, which is all I really need to say yes to wanting him back.
    Last edited by MarkS; 01-13-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Sure! Although waiting to see how the next game goes would probably be the best way to go for now. I'll say this, so glad Cam is gone! No way we win this game with him calling the plays. I agree with the previous poster about not liking those same run 1,2 and throw on 3rd plays (at least at the time) but hell, his play calling won us the game so I won't complain!

He's close, although I have to admit when he was constantly pounding Ray in the middle on those dive plays I thought I was going to go crazy!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Close, but not yet.

I still think we'd have to win the big one in order to look past the other candidates.
    Agree 100%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm actually more concerned at the moment he may get another HC job after this.

But who would have thought a guy that never called plays before, and by some account acted like he didn't even WANT the job, would be racking up 400/500 yard games nearly consistently??
    Exactly.

And don't forget the Giants and Indy games too.

Let's just hope he doesn't pull a PAGs.

I'm all in. I'm ready to name this guy HC and letting John Harbaugh walk. Targeting and abusing perennial all star Champ Bailey as the main thrust of the offensive game plan was pure genius. Something Denver nor anyone else, in its' wildest dreams never expected. Glad that Caldwell, unlike Cam Cameron and to a lesser extent Harbaugh, allows input on game planning from assistant coaches and players. All of this makes me wonder what exactly does Harbaugh do as HC.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    I'm all in. I'm ready to name this guy HC and letting John Harbaugh walk. Targeting and abusing perennial all star Champ Bailey as the main thrust of the offensive game plan was pure genius. Something Denver nor anyone else, in its' wildest dreams never expected. Glad that Caldwell, unlike Cam Cameron and to a lesser extent Harbaugh, allows input on game planning from assistant coaches and players. All of this makes me wonder what exactly does Harbaugh do as HC.
    read the bible?

I'm pretty close to giving him the nod but it depends on who's out there. I've been very happy with his calling until the OT stuff today...don't know what that was all about.