Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dean Pees and Jim Caldwell

All things considered...INCREDIBLE GAME PLAN!

Unreal...who would have thought this would be the result of this season after that home Denver game?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Dean Pees and Jim Caldwell

Read a lot of negative about Pees, but that was a thing of beauty.

I read a lot but have not posted in a long while. Pees absolutely put together a very good game plan and Caldwell made the necessary adjustments in the second half. Now they have two weeks to prepare for an opponent. Our team always seems well prepared when we have multiple weeks to prepare.

Blog Entries

Pees is a great 2nd half coordinator. Maybe good at making adjustments?

Brady's 2nd half was a laugher.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

5. Re: Dean Pees and Jim Caldwell

Even when they were looking better in the first half, the defense didn't break and the Pats let us hang around.

Even better then the game plan was the halftime adjustments. The best adjustments this team has ever made. A+++ effort from the coaching staff especially at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    All things considered...INCREDIBLE GAME PLAN!

Unreal...who would have thought this would be the result of this season after that home Denver game?
    Talk about an adjustment in the second half by Caldwell. We were cursing him in the first half.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

This was a weird game. I don't think we had a single sack of Brady all day, yet shut him out in the 2nd half. When was the last time a team shut out the Patriots in the 2nd half of a game?

Let's give Caldwell credit. Aside from that one possession late in the game where they passed instead of running the ball, the playcalling was brilliant. Cameron would be too damn stubborn to ever go 20-30 straight plays from the shotgun, no matter how well they were working.

I'm calling it right here. The pats got outcoached in the second half. Caldwell opened it up and kept attacking the entire second half.
    Pees clearly mixed his coverages well because Brady held the ball too often back in the pocket. Kudos to both Pees and Caldwell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    This was a weird game. I don't think we had a single sack of Brady all day, yet shut him out in the 2nd half. When was the last time a team shut out the Patriots in the 2nd half of a game?
    He was quick getting the ball out. We had hands on him probably 6 or 7 times in the 2nd half.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Agreed with the OP.

Caldwell and Pees adjusted very well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

duke-
    Agree.