Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lame.

And what does that make you giving me all this attention? Thanks for proving my point yet again.
    Uh, you're not proving any points.

You made a sweeping generalization about "all these people who criticize anything and everything" all while being on here for a short period of time.

Name the people you are talking about.

What you've done is acted the part of a guy who comes to a party late and is loud and annoying.

You jumped to a conclusion about "certain" posters who you won't name and then get all defensive when people call you out on it.

You would've been better served just commenting on the Ray Lewis cover charge topic instead of using that as your backdrop into your ridiculous generalization.

Maybe you should just try to wipe the slate clean and talk about the Ravens and not about some other posters that you won't name.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Uh, you're not proving any points.

You made a sweeping generalization about "all these people who criticize anything and everything" all while being on here for a short period of time.

You would've been better served just commenting on the Ray Lewis cover charge topic instead of using that as your backdrop into your ridiculous generalization.
    Simply made an observation based on my admitted short time here. And when I did so without calling out any names, a bunch of people came out of the wood work doing EXACTLY what I observed. That's what proved my point. It's kinda like when someone denies something when they are not asked directly -- thou doth protest too much!

... and I did comment on the cover charge topic and numerous others.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-06-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: botched the first post ...

Simply made an observation based on my admitted short time here. And when I did so without calling out any names, a bunch of people came out of the wood work doing EXACTLY what I observed. That's what proved my point. It's kinda like when someone denies something when they are not asked directly -- thou doth protest too much!

... and I did comment on the cover charge topic and numerous others.
    Your point was that people criticize the Ravens too much without giving then any praise whatsoever.

People coming out of the woodwork to dispute your observation isn't the same as people criticizing the Ravens too much without praising them.

In fact, it has nothing to do with the Ravens at all.

Can you not see that?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Can you not see that?
    Clearly not, in your mind. :D

Clearly not, in your mind. :D
    Thanks for the punt.

I'll call a fair catch and this thread can go away now.

Deal?

PP

PP You make it sound as if he wasn't specific, He was. From his initial post he stated the problems he had with posters who were opposed to the way people treat ray. It's true people tore ray up about the 25 buck cover and for also missing the Atlanta game. He doesn't want to name names. I can understand that being new and all. However if it was me I would speak up, we are all big boy and girls here and can all take criticism. for example I have absolutely no problem speaking up when highwater is acting like a dick. He does the same too.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    PP You make it sound as if he wasn't specific, He was. From his initial post he stated the problems he had with posters who were opposed to the way people treat ray. It's true people tore ray up about the 25 buck cover and for also missing the Atlanta game. He doesn't want to name names. I can understand that being new and all. However if it was me I would speak up, we are all big boy and girls here and can all take criticism. for example I have absolutely no problem speaking up when highwater is acting like a dick. He does the same too.
    Sigh.

If you can't see what I was pointing out then Im sorry.

PP

Sigh.

If you can't see what I was pointing out then Im sorry.

PP
    double sigh.

the thing is you're projecting your point on to Houston, yet that is not what he intended to say, and he continues to say that your point is not what he meant.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--