Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Self-Loathing Fans?

Ok, I am new to this board but I am seeing something pretty disturbing.

There seems to be an unusually high number of fans who are closet Raven haters. Am I far off on this??? It's not everyone, but the number is high enough it's hard not to notice.

I mean I see people in here who dress up their messages with everything Raven (pictures, quotes, etc.) that make them obvious fans. But when I read what they actually write, it's something from a Steelers fan board. Who cares if Ray was on the sideline for the Atlanta game??? So what you were charged $25 for a cover at his joint??? Has anyone ever heard of the word context???

Im not saying we should all be Kool-Aid drinkers, but when the slamming of our boys in purple lack all common sense, I have to question the posters sanity.

Thoughts???

Re: Self-Loathing Fans?

Well considering you don't know me and you referenced one of my posts I tell you straight up that your wrong.

Just becuase someone posts a topic that you disagree with doesn't mean that they are not a fan.

That fact that you accuse people of being a "closet Raven hater" or whatever the quote was is not true in my case.

Fair enough. And no offense at all to a fellow Ravens fan, but I do think you're being rather petty about the cover charge.

Thanks for your feedback!

Well this is a city where we would rather lose a team than support a bad owner.

A tradition was set in the late 50's with the Colts and the class acts who played for them, and the Orioles in the 60's and 70's. This new class of athelete or owner just doesn't fly here, as we have been spoiled and expect nothing less than excellence!

We are definately not sheep! We will send the soup back to the kitchen.

This oughta be an interesting thread. What say you you "closet Raven hater" veterans of this board? Sounds like the new guy just called yall out.
    SS

I think you are way out of line.

Dissent is patriotic, I love my country still.

Likewise I love my Ravens, that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do. That I will or should cast a bind eye to the things they do that I disagree with just because I am a "Fan" is absurd to me.

I am a Baltimorean and I love my city, I will always cheer for the Orioles, and I will always cheer for the Ravens. That doesn't mean the Orioles and Peter Angelos don't piss me off. Also I sometime disagree with things the Raven's and the Players do.

I thought the 25 dollars was reasonable for a guaranteed autograph and VIP seating.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Im not saying we should all be Kool-Aid drinkers, but when the slamming of our boys in purple lack all common sense, I have to question the posters sanity. Thoughts???
    My thoughts are that you are crazy -- you are a new poster and you start off by telling us that we lack all common sense? And you question our sanity? Unless you have just been reading posts by Tex and crazyraven, I have no idea how you came up with those conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman View Post
    This oughta be an interesting thread. What say you you "closet Raven hater" veterans of this board? Sounds like the new guy just called yall out.
    I had no problem with the cover charge for Ray's show, or that Ray wasn't in Hotlanta for the final preseason game. I have a sneaking suspicion noone did..... not really. It's SOOOOO close to "What Time Is It?" for REAL, that when we come here and find no new subjects to comment on, we have to manufacture some, because we are JONESIN' for ..... Altogether now.....GAMETIME!!!!!:hammer:

There are only one or two regular posters here who are not, in my opinion, fans of the Ravens. The most notable one - Tex - exists only to tear the team down, particularly its backup qb. His idea of contributions to the forum are the same post, over and over, complete with mocking smileys and rude nicknames for said quarterback. He is not a fan, he is a stalker.

Besides that, there are plenty of irrational haters and Monday Morning Quarterbacks, but the world of Raven Fandom is big enough for them and for me, too.
    Welcome! :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

If we can't have differing opinions, why have a message board?

My thoughts are that you are crazy -- you are a new poster and you start off by telling us that we lack all common sense? And you question our sanity?
    The guy has a point. Many of you live in Baltimore and I have heard of a Baltimore Complex, therefore there is some legitimacy to OP's claim.

BTW never mind Highwiener he has a hard on for Tex and I the size of a Nathan's Coney Island Hot dog. Fucking guy never shuts the fuck up about me, and always claims he will ignore me yet never does. He's just a slug.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    My thoughts are that you are crazy -- you are a new poster and you start off by telling us that we lack all common sense? And you question our sanity? Unless you have just been reading posts by Tex and crazyraven, I have no idea how you came up with those conclusions.
    Reread what I wrote. I never said everyone one here lacks common sense.

If thats what you read into it, than I think my points has been made.

It's one thing to say things that are honest and critical. It's quite another to be persnickity about every little thing about our boys. ;)