Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    You aren't going to get away with suggesting Justin Tucker's face is anything short of beautiful and magnificent.
    Hahaha...While he's one of my favorite Ravens, he looks like long lost son of the Reverend Jim Ignatowski from TAXI (Christopher Lloyd) when he doesn't shave.

Now, two of the criticisms are unfounded. But, "colder than Eskimo pussy" is the best line you've had. IMO.
    I can accept that. The disclaimer itself tells you that these are my thoughts and opinions alone. Disagreement is authorized, if not encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball
    I read the Disclaimer, everything is funny, maybe not totally true, but funny different. Thanks for the post. Do you personally know that Joe is that cold?
    I was speaking metaphorically, bro... Joe's demeanor exudes Icy Confidence, particularly lately in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    Great stuff R52!

I too disagree about Oher but you still made me laugh. Well done.
    Oher deserves props, no doubt. I probably just have a personal grudge against him because he's sucked more than a Hoover in a sawmill. Never really can tell with me, right?

Fanatic, Mista T, we've been partying together for more than a decade and you know I don't take this post or myself too seriously. Thanks for having my back, but it's a dead issue. Some people just feel that they can "Win The Internet" by being right all the time. That's not me, so the criticism is expected and welcomed. As long as the Ravens win, I don't give a crap!

This isn't meant to be Pro Football Focus or anywhere close. It's for fun and humor, but apparently some folks don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Ed Reed is quiet because he is staying deep and keeping it all underneath. His staying in position is helping us win.
    +1. How many big plays have been given up because #20 was freelancing? Before the Offense was working we needed to force some plays; now, not so much.

Pics are fine but consistently stopping drives is in the long run better.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Glad to hear your opinions, even if a bit whiny.
    I don't give a flying fuck whether you think it's "whiny", but FYI:

Rape is never an appropriate subject for humor. Period.

Which you would understand if you'd ever been close to someone who'd been raped. (My guess is that if you're over 16 you have been--it's a lot more common than most guys realize--but you don't know it because the victim(s) never confided in you. And maybe that's because they weren't comfortable doing so. Considering your willingness to make a joke out of it...)

How about you read (and comprehend ) & move on, OK?

Like I said, "word police". SMH.

Glass houses, Loba. Glass houses. And if you wish to have this discussion with R52, do so in PM and not hijack the thread.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

Which you would understand if you'd ever been close to someone who'd been raped. (My guess is that if you're over 16 you have been--it's a lot more common than most guys realize--but you don't know it because the victim(s) never confided in you. And maybe that's because they weren't comfortable doing so. Considering your willingness to make a joke out of it...)

Geez, a bit testy I would say....everything put forth in this thread is done 'tongue-in-cheek', enjoyment only. As to the merits of who truthfully warrants the hero or goat tag, who gives a ?!&$. Let's enjoy the moment, and bring home the Lombardi, which we will do, btw - the time is now for all good Ravens to come to the aid of their team!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

How about you find another message board for the purpose of hijacking feel-good discussions into discussions of social-political messages? This place has never been "PC", and we're not going to start now.

Now, you can move on ... hopefully elsewhere!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Your rant is a non-issue. Won't affect people being raped one bit. You don't like my take, fine. Don't click on the fucking link.

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!

If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, don't write the fucking joke.

I'm also confused how a poster responding to a statement in the OP can be considered a thread hijack. Lob didn't bring up rape, OP did.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Ed Reed is quiet because he is staying deep and keeping it all underneath. His staying in position is helping us win.
    +1

Reed and Pollard's deep coverage are what allowed us to contain Manning. I'd give game balls to both of them for sticking to their assignments and forcing Manning to attack the short/intermediate part of the field, where he inevitably found Corey Graham a couple times.

With Reed's complete avoidance of tackling coupled with his reduction in big plays as of late, I find myself hoping he retires after we win the SB. It's kind of like dumping a GF, I certainly don't want to see her(or Ed Reed in this case) with anyone else.

But at this point, I wouldn't want him back for almost any price... Vet Min? of course, but not more then MAYBE $3m/1yr.

When he finally does hit someone he gets a penalty/fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Seriously, situational context is everything. Unwarranted emotional appeal, noone is condoning rape. For Christ's sake there's a disclaimer in the OP anyhow.

Disagreeing with what? A joke? So what's to discuss or respond to?

"I don't like that joke"

".... Alright? "

Please tell me you realize how ridiculous this sounds.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Surprised to see Oher & Reed among the goats; neither deserved that.
    Koch, however, was a goat for kicking to the middle of the field when the coverage was expecting the ball to go to the right. That contributed to one on Holliday's return TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Seriously, situational context is everything. Unwarranted emotional appeal, noone is condoning rape. For Christ's sake there's a disclaimer in the OP anyhow.

Disagreeing with what? A joke? So what's to discuss or respond to?

"I don't like that joke"

".... Alright? "

Please tell me you realize how ridiculous this sounds.
    I keep going back to an example I used when discussing this with a mod. If I wrote the following:

Quote Originally Posted by A totally fictional and intentionally offensive example
    "Disclaimer, this is just a joke. Don't take it seriously.

Hey guys, Tom Brady looked as dumb as a nigger with a paint chip addiction yesterday."
    Would people be quick to defend it as "just a joke" if Lob had called me out by saying that statement was racist as fuck? Why are people so quick to defend misogynistic rape humor? Do people believe "it's just a joke" exempts a statement from being criticized?

As for my statement:

I wrote that in response to R52 saying:

You don't like my take, fine. Don't click on the fucking link.
    He doesn't get to say what he wants, and then tell people they are wrong to respond to him. If he didn't want someone to tell him that they found his words inappropriate, then he shouldn't have posted on a message board where we get to respond to each other's words.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I keep going back to an example I used when discussing this with a mod. If I wrote the following:

Would people be quick to defend it as "just a joke" if Lob had called me out by saying that statement was racist as fuck? Why are people so quick to defend misogynistic rape humor? Do people believe "it's just a joke" exempts a statement from being criticized?

This is a false equivalence plain and simple.

He doesn't get to say what he wants, and then tell people they are wrong to respond to him. If he didn't want someone to tell him that they found his words inappropriate, then he shouldn't have posted on a message board where we get to respond to each other's words.
    If he he felt that strongly he should have contacted a mod and R52 via PM. Instead he wanted to make a show of it by hijacking the thread.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

In what way is my post false equivalence. It's an offensive joke, prefaced with a disclaimer to not take it seriously. You said that means that people shouldn't complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    If he he felt that strongly he should have contacted a mod and R52 via PM. Instead he wanted to make a show of it by hijacking the thread.
    I think someone is going to have to explain to me how responding to a post's actual words with a response related to those words, is hijacking.

He stated an opinion that is clearly unpopular here, that doesn't make it a hijack. If HE had been the one to bring rape up out of the blue, it would be a hijack.