Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950


    Great stuff R52!

    I too disagree about Oher but you still made me laugh. Well done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Lighten up Francis! No one else who routinely participates here provides such a great blend of humor and football knowledge. I particularly liked the "homeless pothead" and "Dapper Young Mister Tucker" descriptions.

    Ravenous 52 has been a major contributor to this message board and its predecessors for 13+ years. You are a newbie ... so: back off!
    +1

    The word police strikes again it would seem.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Good points; however, there's no way the front office will pay $7 million "because he was quietly taking away the deep ball." He gets paid for knocking down passes and making picks. Those attributes are long gone. I love Ed Reed's contributions for the past decade, but he's headed towards becoming over-the-hill.
    I dunno T.

    While I agree about the front office not going to fork over those type of $$ to retain Reed and him being at the twilight of his career, I disagree with Reeds contributions as of late.

    While certainly Reeds interceptions are exciting and huge plays (many game changing), he was where he was supposed to be and not gambling potentially giving up the big play.

    You hear it time and time again from defensive coordinators where they're constantly harping to their players to "Do your job".

    As somebody else stated, him staying home forces QBs to think twice about throwing deep against one on one matchups.

    Denver tried that one on one stuff against Torrey Smith last week with Champ Bailey and we saw how that worked out for him.

    Eds ability to make the big play scares the crap out of the opposition more often then not, but they also know he gambles sometimes and presents big opportunitys for them if he guesses wrong.

    Regarding R52s edition of Heroes & Goats....

    I tend to agree with others about Oher.

    Both him & Mckinnies play last week was borderline stellar in pretty much containing what was considered one of the best pass rushing duos (if not the best) in the league this year.

    If not for their play, I doubt Flacco completes those bombs of beauty, and I doubt we win that game.

    As far as offensiveness of his post...

    Gimme a break

    That's some funny shit right there.

    Some people need to lighten up some here
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,171
    Eh... I don't think anyone called for him to be censored or moderated. If he can make the jokes, others can say they weren't funny. No need for anyone to back off. I think people too often forget that speech is a two way street.

    You can say what you want (within the rules of the board) but that doesn't mean people have to agree with it or not criticize it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  4. #16

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    You aren't going to get away with suggesting Justin Tucker's face is anything short of beautiful and magnificent.
    Hahaha...While he's one of my favorite Ravens, he looks like long lost son of the Reverend Jim Ignatowski from TAXI (Christopher Lloyd) when he doesn't shave.


    Now, two of the criticisms are unfounded. But, "colder than Eskimo pussy" is the best line you've had. IMO.
    I can accept that. The disclaimer itself tells you that these are my thoughts and opinions alone. Disagreement is authorized, if not encouraged.

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball
    I read the Disclaimer, everything is funny, maybe not totally true, but funny different. Thanks for the post. Do you personally know that Joe is that cold?
    I was speaking metaphorically, bro... Joe's demeanor exudes Icy Confidence, particularly lately in the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven
    Great stuff R52!

    I too disagree about Oher but you still made me laugh. Well done.
    Oher deserves props, no doubt. I probably just have a personal grudge against him because he's sucked more than a Hoover in a sawmill. Never really can tell with me, right?


    Fanatic, Mista T, we've been partying together for more than a decade and you know I don't take this post or myself too seriously. Thanks for having my back, but it's a dead issue. Some people just feel that they can "Win The Internet" by being right all the time. That's not me, so the criticism is expected and welcomed. As long as the Ravens win, I don't give a crap!

    This isn't meant to be Pro Football Focus or anywhere close. It's for fun and humor, but apparently some folks don't get it.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Ed Reed is quiet because he is staying deep and keeping it all underneath. His staying in position is helping us win.
    +1. How many big plays have been given up because #20 was freelancing? Before the Offense was working we needed to force some plays; now, not so much.

    Pics are fine but consistently stopping drives is in the long run better.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,264
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Glad to hear your opinions, even if a bit whiny.
    I don't give a flying fuck whether you think it's "whiny", but FYI:

    Rape is never an appropriate subject for humor. Period.


    Which you would understand if you'd ever been close to someone who'd been raped. (My guess is that if you're over 16 you have been--it's a lot more common than most guys realize--but you don't know it because the victim(s) never confided in you. And maybe that's because they weren't comfortable doing so. Considering your willingness to make a joke out of it...)

    How about you read (and comprehend ) & move on, OK?




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Like I said, "word police". SMH.

    Glass houses, Loba. Glass houses. And if you wish to have this discussion with R52, do so in PM and not hijack the thread.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #20

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck whether you think it's "whiny", but FYI:

    Rape is never an appropriate subject for humor. Period.


    Which you would understand if you'd ever been close to someone who'd been raped. (My guess is that if you're over 16 you have been--it's a lot more common than most guys realize--but you don't know it because the victim(s) never confided in you. And maybe that's because they weren't comfortable doing so. Considering your willingness to make a joke out of it...)

    How about you read (and comprehend ) & move on, OK?
    Geez, a bit testy I would say....everything put forth in this thread is done 'tongue-in-cheek', enjoyment only. As to the merits of who truthfully warrants the hero or goat tag, who gives a ?!&$. Let's enjoy the moment, and bring home the Lombardi, which we will do, btw - the time is now for all good Ravens to come to the aid of their team!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  9. #21

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    How about you read (and comprehend ) & move on, OK?
    How about you find another message board for the purpose of hijacking feel-good discussions into discussions of social-political messages? This place has never been "PC", and we're not going to start now.

    Now, you can move on ... hopefully elsewhere!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. #22

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck whether you think it's "whiny", but FYI:

    Rape is never an appropriate subject for humor. Period.


    Which you would understand if you'd ever been close to someone who'd been raped. (My guess is that if you're over 16 you have been--it's a lot more common than most guys realize--but you don't know it because the victim(s) never confided in you. And maybe that's because they weren't comfortable doing so. Considering your willingness to make a joke out of it...)

    How about you read (and comprehend ) & move on, OK?
    Your rant is a non-issue. Won't affect people being raped one bit. You don't like my take, fine. Don't click on the fucking link.

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,171
    If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, don't write the fucking joke.

    I'm also confused how a poster responding to a statement in the OP can be considered a thread hijack. Lob didn't bring up rape, OP did.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Heroes & Goats (Mile High Miracle Divisional Round Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    Ed Reed is quiet because he is staying deep and keeping it all underneath. His staying in position is helping us win.
    +1

    Reed and Pollard's deep coverage are what allowed us to contain Manning. I'd give game balls to both of them for sticking to their assignments and forcing Manning to attack the short/intermediate part of the field, where he inevitably found Corey Graham a couple times.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland