Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finish

Re: Finish

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    "The hump" is the biggest myth in sports.
    "The Hump" is psychological, and real. Our thoughts are real. Not everyone or every organization faces a huge hump, but some do, and everyone faces a hump of one kind or another at some point in their lives.

It is like my 15 year old daughter who was learning to drive and afraid to drive the car out on the street instead of in a parking lot. She did not get over "the hump" until we made her do it, and then, once she did it, there was not an issue any more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    So since Joe threw a game winning TD last year, I guess he cleared the hump only to have Lee Evans shove him back down?
    Ummmmm. We lost that game. You can't throw a game-winning pass in a game your team loses. Just saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    All I can say is that I'm probably the least nervous I've been before a game (playoffs or regular season) since I've been a fan.
    +1

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ummmmm. We lost that game. You can't throw a game-winning pass in a game your team loses. Just saying.
    Except he did. From Joe's perspective, he did everything possible to get over the hump.

He can't make Lee Evans catch it. If one is going to claim that there is some sort of psychological hump that an athlete must clear, Joe's performance was clearly good enough to clear it. Only Lee Evans and Cundiff's weren't.

If the hump is real, Joe cleared it with that throw. If it's bullshit, then there was never a hump to clear. Either way, he can lead us to the SuperBowl and this nonsense about getting over something is just that- nonsense.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My wife commented tonight that I'm much more calm this weekend than most.

She's right. I'm very confident about tomorrow.

There's something special about this organization right now. And I'm not necessarily talking about winning the Super Bowl.

The Broncos win was a special thing. Just like what the Immaculate Reception did for the Steelers so too did this won for the Ravens.

We're poised for something very special right now. Now it's up to the players to make of happen.
    This is me right now, too. I can't explain it, but although I am eagerly waiting for the game to start, I don't have my usual nervousness. I don't have any fear. I am weirdly confident, more so than I've ever been going into a playoff game.

It's like, after seeing what the Ravens did in Denver, you know they can do anything. Literally. It's just a question of will they? And that is something I can't control, so I guess that's why I'm calm.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Great perspective.

Do you guys remember that 2000 run? Every game had a magic play in it (most with Shannon Sharpe involved)

WC game -- Shannon returns a tipped ball 60 some yards for a freak touchdown
    Divisional -- Blocked FG returned for a TD by Anthony Mitchell
    AFCCG -- 96 yard TD to Shannon Sharpe

We got some magic last weekend. Can we keep it going?

Blog Entries

The interviews of Ravens players on Fox right now shows the confident feel of this team. I feel really good about this match up. Brady will have a tough day.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    "The Hump" is psychological, and real.
    Exactly right. "Hump" is just a word that describes the psychological barrier that exist where you are trying to accomplish a goal and just can't quite get there. Until you accomplish said goal, you will lack the confidence to achieve it. It is real and it is a huge part of all competetive sports.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Exactly right. "Hump" is just a word that describes the psychological barrier that exist where you are trying to accomplish a goal and just can't quite get there. Until you accomplish said goal, you will lack the confidence to achieve it. It is real and it is a huge part of all competetive sports.
    But why can't you get there? Is it because of the psychological barrier or is because your team isn't as good as the other team?

A lot of times the 'psychological barrier' isn't preventing you from winning at all. A lot of times (like with the Eagles), every time they got to the 'big game' they faced a better, more well rounded team. The hump didn't prevent them from winning. The other team did.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But why can't you get there? Is it because of the psychological barrier or is because your team isn't as good as the other team?

A lot of times the 'barrier' isn't preventing you from winning at all. A lot of times (like with the Eagles), every time they got to the 'big game' they faced a better, more well rounded team. The hump didn't prevent them from winning. The other team did.
    THIS.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Take possession of the ball up two scores with about seven minutes left... and run five of them off the clock against a defense that knows what's coming?

THAT'S HOW YOU FINISH.

The Ravens FINISHED. In a big way. Almost as I envisioned it.

Now it's time to find Super Bowl tickets!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012