Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finish

Finish

Well, as I sit here in the dark I am thinking about this season and especially the playoffs. I am looking for all this edition of the Ravens and the magical things that have happened the last two weeks. Wow.

I was crushed after Evans/Cundiff last year. And before that, I walked disappointed out of Heinz Field in Jan. 2009 hearing fireworks go off behind me. I know how Charlie Brown felt trying to kick the football...damn Lucy. What is it going to take to get to the Super Bowl? Like many of you, I have an emotional attachment to this club. Maybe more than what could be considered healthy at times. It's hard to get so close and see it slip away.

So now we find ourselves early on the day of the game. We are back. It's right here for us once again. I can't tell you why, but there is something telling me that although I fully expect a brutally gut-wrenching game (again), the Ravens will FINISH this time. As I type this I am listening to a John Denver song of all things and through the melody I am envisioning the last few seconds ticking off with white jerseys in joyous celebration. And I am seeing myself sobbing like a kid.

FINISH.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

2. Re: Finish

I got a feeling, that tonight's gonna to be a good night! That tonight's gonna be a good night! :ww:

Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 01-20-2013 at 01:47 AM.

My wife commented tonight that I'm much more calm this weekend than most.

She's right. I'm very confident about tomorrow.

There's something special about this organization right now. And I'm not necessarily talking about winning the Super Bowl.

The Broncos win was a special thing. Just like what the Immaculate Reception did for the Steelers so too did this won for the Ravens.

We're poised for something very special right now. Now it's up to the players to make of happen.

Re: Finish

I've posted it already, but to a man we are the better team overall comparing position by position. I don't see this team squandering this opportunity away. This is a game we know the Ravens can win. Let's finish this.

All I can say is that I'm probably the least nervous I've been before a game (playoffs or regular season) since I've been a fan.

6. Re: Finish

I have been less nervous than usual the week leading up to and I usually always say "I'm not gonna even have butterflies leading up to the game"...but then I can't fall asleep the night before and I can't stop shaking the final few hours leading up to the game...I have the upmost confidence that we'll win this game, but I can't hide it...I am nervous.

31-21 Ravens. Lamar hunt presentation on patriots logo

Blog Entries

It's time to finally get over the hump

No Weapons!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's time to finally get over the hump
    "The hump" is the biggest myth in sports. Everyone talks about how certain guys can't get over "the hump" until they do as if anyone is entitled to win a championship.

LeBron couldn't get over the hump. Until he did. Elway couldn't get over the hump. Until he did in back to back years. No one ever said Kurt Warner couldn't get over the hump because he freakishly won it all in his first run. But he never made it back so I guess he forgot how to clear the hump after 99.

The hump is a fictional narrative we apply to great players or teams who haven't won championships, not because they can't, but because talent is everywhere in modern sports, and basic math says many many great teams will miss out.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Have been excited but confident all week. Nerves have definitely set in this morning though!

Whatever happens, this team has repeatedly shown it will give its all no matter the situation. Let's get it.

GO RAVENS!!
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    "The hump" is the biggest myth in sports. Everyone talks about how certain guys can't get over "the hump" until they do as if anyone is entitled to win a championship.

LeBron couldn't get over the hump. Until he did. Elway couldn't get over the hump. Until he did in back to back years. No one ever said Kurt Warner couldn't get over the hump because he freakishly won it all in his first run. But he never made it back so I guess he forgot how to clear the hump after 99.

The hump is a fictional narrative we apply to great players or teams who haven't won championships, not because they can't, but because talent is everywhere in modern sports, and basic math says many many great teams will miss out.
    Tell that to Marty Schottenheimer.

Careers are only so long and you only get so many chances. There is a reason why we celebrate winning. It's the ultimate accomplishment. That goes beyond talent and ability.

Marty was a hell of a coach but no one wants to end up like him.