Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Flacco's demeanor

I often see fans on this and other sites complaining about Joe Flacco's demeanor, in that he doesn't tend to show much emotion. It's said that he has to be fiery to be a leader. Why is this a problem? There was another Baltimore QB who was low key, yet nobody questioned his leadership skills. Yes, that was Johnny Unitas. Obviously, Flacco is no Unitas performance-wise (he's not the league's best), but that doesn't mean he can't be the leader of the offense. Teammates say he is, and that's enough for me.
    Al

Blog Entries
    Ray Lewis said flacco is the general now. That says it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco's demeanor

Pat Kirwin is always talking about how Ray Rice is the successor to Ray Lewis. Rice even has his locker next Lewis's. The 2 of them are very close and their area is where many of the other players gather. Does that take away from Flacco? Honestly I don't think it does. Not every QB has to be the inspirational leader of their team. As long as they are leaders on the field that's good enough. And, there is no doubt that Joe Flacco is exactly that.

Blog Entries

I've noticed his demeanor has changed since Cameron is gone. Seems more fiery,vocal and celebrates just a tad louder when we score.

Joe is a leader IMO, but he despised Cam so much that he just kept quiet. I think his play and demeanor has changed since Cam has moved on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've noticed his demeanor has changed since Cameron is gone. Seems more fiery,vocal and celebrates just a tad louder when we score.

Joe is a leader IMO, but he despised Cam so much that he just kept quiet. I think his play and demeanor has changed since Cam has moved on.
    I noticed this too. I think the rumors with flacco being fed up with cam were true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought the whole subject was BS. Anyone who watches the games, 1 Winning Drive, NFL Sound FX, etc, knows that Flacco shows plenty of fire and passion. Just because he doesn't always go around screaming like a madman doesn't make him an emotionless robot.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I always thought the whole subject was BS. Anyone who watches the games, 1 Winning Drive, NFL Sound FX, etc, knows that Flacco shows plenty of fire and passion. Just because he doesn't always go around screaming like a madman doesn't make him an emotionless robot.
    I agree for the most part, but watching the same things it seems he's gone from a 7 to a 9 since game has been gone.

If you think this way, go watch the mic'ed up from the broncos game. He was giving his buddies props and all sorts of stuff.

On game day, we just don't see that from the camera

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The issue (if there is one) is how he acts when everything is going to shit. He definitely seems fine and a bit fired up when things are going well. It is when we are sucking azz that he sometimes looks like he just doesn't give a shit about being out there (and I am not saying he actually doesn't give a shit, but just that he looks like it).

Joe Flacco could not have come into a better or wrse situation. With so many strong defensive personalities on this team, the media always has a bigger story than Joe.

We have a very good running back and you better not screw the game up. Oh, but when our running game and defense is struggling, you better bring us back because if you don't, your not a good QB.

They handcuffed him for 5 1/2 years until they finally realized that a qb should have some input in the offensive play calling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    They handcuffed him for 5 1/2 years until they finally realized that a qb should have some input in the offensive play calling.
    Bingo. Now Flacco is out of the hand cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pat Kirwin is always talking about how Ray Rice is the successor to Ray Lewis. Rice even has his locker next Lewis's. The 2 of them are very close and their area is where many of the other players gather. Does that take away from Flacco? Honestly I don't think it does. Not every QB has to be the inspirational leader of their team. As long as they are leaders on the field that's good enough. And, there is no doubt that Joe Flacco is exactly that.
    Eli Manning has never been the emotional leader of the Giants and they seemed to have done just fine.