Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco's demeanor

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    I think Joe act's just like Peyton. Calm and cool. Think back we all called him "Joe Cool".
    Exactly. It's all a matter of perspective. When we're winning, he's cool and calm
    When we're losing, that same emotion is now portrayed as emotionless and clueless

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco is our Eli Manning, simple as.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Joe Flacco is our Eli Manning, simple as.
    I remember hearing a story last year when the Giants were on the 5 game losing streak and the NY papers were killing Eli. They said he was studying film and someone said 'how about those articles?' and he said yeh that's tough and never looked up from his study. Doesn't faze him and I don't think it fazes Joe
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Do people want him to be moody?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmormon View Post
    Do people want him to be moody?
    hank moody?

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Joe Flacco could not have come into a better or wrse situation. With so many strong defensive personalities on this team, the media always has a bigger story than Joe.

We have a very good running back and you better not screw the game up. Oh, but when our running game and defense is struggling, you better bring us back because if you don't, your not a good QB.

They handcuffed him for 5 1/2 years until they finally realized that a qb should have some input in the offensive play calling.
    THIS. Exactly!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    hank moody?
    motha fuckaaaa!

I'm showing my age, but prior to Peyton or Montana was Johnny U. He invented being steely cold and calm under pressure in an era where grinding the quarterback into the turf was expected. Johnny wasn't your friend, he was a winner and in control. I think Joe is hitting his stride and this is his stage. He has to be pissed to out play Brady last year and still lost.

I don't care if he stands in front of the media and picks his underwear out of his arse as long as he WINS! And that's exactly what he does....he WINS football games. Everything else is just bulletin board fodder.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

They respect him as a player/QB, that is all he needs. He doesn't have to be a 'leader."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    2 SB rings aside, I think Eli is the best comparison to Flacco in the league. Not the arm strength that Joe has but everything else, including being a little unsteady at times. Now it's time for Joe to pass Eli in the ring category
    Last edited by RockyMRaven; 01-20-2013 at 02:17 AM.

The only emotion I need to see from Flacco is the fist pump after the Ravens score a TD.... He does his job and mostly does it well. I don't need a showboater pumping up himself like Cam Newton or a sissymary like Tom Brady begging for "roughing the passer" calls just because he was pushed to the ground! Joe's referred as Joe Cool for THAT reason! He takes the good and bad...internalizes it all and comes back with a mission. When that mission is complete....the fist pump comes and the emotions are let out....ready to build again for the next offensive drive.

I'm looking forward to many fist pumps from Flacco today~!

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    I often see fans on this and other sites complaining about Joe Flacco's demeanor, in that he doesn't tend to show much emotion. It's said that he has to be fiery to be a leader. Why is this a problem? There was another Baltimore QB who was low key, yet nobody questioned his leadership skills. Yes, that was Johnny Unitas. Obviously, Flacco is no Unitas performance-wise (he's not the league's best), but that doesn't mean he can't be the leader of the offense. Teammates say he is, and that's enough for me.
    Johnny wasn't low key with the team if they were screwing something up, he would really get on lineman and receivers for blowing assignments

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've noticed his demeanor has changed since Cameron is gone. Seems more fiery,vocal and celebrates just a tad louder when we score.

Joe is a leader IMO, but he despised Cam so much that he just kept quiet. I think his play and demeanor has changed since Cam has moved on.
    This was my only issue with Flacco's demeanor: that when Cam was screwing up the playcalling, Joe just seemed to accept it, when he should of been pissed, and he should have tried to do something about it.

Of course, since none of us knows what was really going on behind the scenes, maybe he did try and it made no difference.
    Now that Cam's gone, that's no longer an issue, and it does seem to have allowed Joe to be a little more demonstrative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    This was my only issue with Flacco's demeanor: that when Cam was screwing up the playcalling, Joe just seemed to accept it, when he should of been pissed, and he should have tried to do something about it.

Of course, since none of us knows what was really going on behind the scenes, maybe he did try and it made no difference.
    Now that Cam's gone, that's no longer an issue, and it does seem to have allowed Joe to be a little more demonstrative.
    Check out this quote

In recent weeks, however, Caldwell’s work with Flacco has gone a long way toward restoring his status as one of the N.F.L.’s more accomplished offensive gurus. In playoff victories over Indianapolis and Denver, Flacco threw for 613 yards and 5 touchdowns with no interceptions and a 120 passer rating.

Quarterback meetings with Caldwell, Flacco said, are all about open discussion. Flacco and his teammates have the freedom to float ideas past him. Anything is fair game. Caldwell listens nearly as much as he talks. “You can have honest conversations and grow your relationship,” Flacco said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/sp...ment.html?_r=0