Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco's demeanor

I think Joe act's just like Peyton. Calm and cool. Think back we all called him "Joe Cool".

Blog Entries

Joe Montana was never the vocal leader of the 49ers, dude had ice for blood, he never seemed fazed. Ronnie Lott on the other hand was the voice of the 49ers back in the day. But you still knew it was # 16's show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Eli Manning has never been the emotional leader of the Giants and they seemed to have done just fine.
    2 SB rings aside, I think Eli is the best comparison to Flacco in the league. Not the arm strength that Joe has but everything else, including being a little unsteady at times. Now it's time for Joe to pass Eli in the ring category

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    I think Joe act's just like Peyton. Calm and cool. Think back we all called him "Joe Cool".
    Exactly. It's all a matter of perspective. When we're winning, he's cool and calm
    When we're losing, that same emotion is now portrayed as emotionless and clueless

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco is our Eli Manning, simple as.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Joe Flacco is our Eli Manning, simple as.
    I remember hearing a story last year when the Giants were on the 5 game losing streak and the NY papers were killing Eli. They said he was studying film and someone said 'how about those articles?' and he said yeh that's tough and never looked up from his study. Doesn't faze him and I don't think it fazes Joe

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Do people want him to be moody?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmormon View Post
    Do people want him to be moody?
    hank moody?

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Joe Flacco could not have come into a better or wrse situation. With so many strong defensive personalities on this team, the media always has a bigger story than Joe.

We have a very good running back and you better not screw the game up. Oh, but when our running game and defense is struggling, you better bring us back because if you don't, your not a good QB.

They handcuffed him for 5 1/2 years until they finally realized that a qb should have some input in the offensive play calling.
    THIS. Exactly!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    hank moody?
    motha fuckaaaa!

I'm showing my age, but prior to Peyton or Montana was Johnny U. He invented being steely cold and calm under pressure in an era where grinding the quarterback into the turf was expected. Johnny wasn't your friend, he was a winner and in control. I think Joe is hitting his stride and this is his stage. He has to be pissed to out play Brady last year and still lost.

I don't care if he stands in front of the media and picks his underwear out of his arse as long as he WINS! And that's exactly what he does....he WINS football games. Everything else is just bulletin board fodder.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....