Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Article on Belichick Almost Drafting Ray

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ay-lewis-raven

Basically just goes into the decisions of Belichick when he was Browns head coach helped the Ravens grab Lewis

Re: Cool Article

Nice, let's hope it comes back to bite him in the ass on Sunday.. :D

Don't take offense but this should not be news to most Ravens fans unless you were too young to remember or just joined the fanbase:)

There's also an interesting connection between the Ravens and Vince Wilfork but can't recall the circumstances right now.

They took Wilfork with the pick we gave them for Boller
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Don't take offense but this should not be news to most Ravens fans unless you were too young to remember or just joined the fanbase:)

There's also an interesting connection between the Ravens and Vince Wilfork but can't recall the circumstances right now.

Wilfork was chosen with the selection traded to move up for Kyle Boller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wilfork was chosen with the selection traded to move up for Kyle Boller.
    ugh the Boller pick still haunts us years later

I was like 6 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    ugh the Boller pick still haunts us years later
    BUt if we had never selected Boller, we may not have acquired Steve McNair when we did, and then we may have selected another bust qb in the draft, rather than Joe Flacco....
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

the ultimate irony is how much Belichick has to do with the Ravens' being positioned where they are
    Plus Belichick had a hand in getting Harbs hired.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    BUt if we had never selected Boller, we may not have acquired Steve McNair when we did, and then we may have selected another bust qb in the draft, rather than Joe Flacco....
    Yes I guess it goes both ways. I'm just glad we got flacco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Plus Belichick had a hand in getting Harbs hired.
    I've heard this mentioned - that Bill recommended John to Ozzie - but I've never heard the full story. How does Belichick know Harbaugh in the first place, and why are they on good terms?

Blog Entries

Part of the problem is that teams want offensive-minded head coaches and the league's only minority offensive coordinator is Baltimore's Jim Caldwell.
    Wow, this kind've shocks me. Only ONE minority OC in the NFL, and only because we fired Cam mid-season? Woah...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!