Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    I'm not the one fishing for arguments, you all are
    You've come to a Ravens board telling us how good you are, what did you expect a welcome mat?

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It is clear to see where there is an agreed upon consensus vs. an outlier homer.

The Pat's forum I saw everyone seemed to be in agreement that the secondary was much improved...yet not a single person I saw focused on the competition level since Talib was acquired.
    Again, this goes to my point: we sucked even with inferior competition. So even though the "improvement" was against inferior competition, it still showed some improvement. I don't think there's any delusion from most of the Pats fans that our pass defense is still vulnerable. There's some hardcore homers over there that will say otherwise, but just like any other fan forums, you have a certain group who are beyond objectivity.

Blog Entries

Because we've seen them SUCK against poor competition too, so that they were able to at least improve in that area is good enough for us
    That's fine. If you want to use Hartline and Kerley and Henne and Tannehill as the baseline proof of your improvement, and can sleep with that at night, then who I am to judge.

Personally I wouldn't put much stock into "improving" against such weak personnel. But if shutting out the Dolphins makes you feel warm and snuggly about your defense, go nuts.

Blog Entries

Ok Pats fans, you can stop ignoring this...

The second key matchup is the receiver opposite Aqib Talib. Contrary to popular belief, Talib has been extremely vulnerable since he joined the Pats. He’s been targeted 42 times with 28 receptions for 376 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. During that same period, Alfonzo Dennard has played well and Devin McCourty has split his time between corner and safety with good results wherever he has lined up. As with Bailey last week, the Ravens must punish the Patriots if they leave Talib on an island with Smith or Jones and use the space effectively when they get him safety help.

Jesus Christ it is impossible with you people
    Now you know how we feel when we deal with arrogant and igorant Pats fans you being the exception of course because you seem a little more level headed.
    For what its worth I'm not buying the "level of competition" arguement in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ok Pats fans, you can stop ignoring this...

The second key matchup is the receiver opposite Aqib Talib. Contrary to popular belief, Talib has been extremely vulnerable since he joined the Pats. He’s been targeted 42 times with 28 receptions for 376 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. During that same period, Alfonzo Dennard has played well and Devin McCourty has split his time between corner and safety with good results wherever he has lined up. As with Bailey last week, the Ravens must punish the Patriots if they leave Talib on an island with Smith or Jones and use the space effectively when they get him safety help.
    Paintballguy, I didn't read the article. Too lazy but it would help if you put Talib's numbers in context. How does it stack up against his teammates. Heck I don't even know when Talib joined the pats. I think it was late in the season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Paintballguy, I didn't read the article. Too lazy but it would help if you put Talib's numbers in context. How does it stack up against his teammates. Heck I don't even know when Talib joined the pats. I think it was late in the season?
    ?? That is all Filmstudy posted. I didn't write the article. Just quoting it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wk 10 (or 11) vs. the Colts. He had his only INT then. A pick 6 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    LOL. I think I've found "that" guy on these boards.
    We don't do this here. This you can take back to the Pats forums, thanks.

Blog Entries

In 6 regular season games with NE, Talib has:

13 solo, 6 assist tackles
    2 PD
    1 fumble recovery
    a 59 yard INT pick 6

against IND (home), NJY (away), MIA (away), HOU (home), SF (home) and JAC (away)

Against HOU in the playoffs he had 9 solo and 1 assist tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    ?? That is all Filmstudy posted. I didn't write the article. Just quoting it.
    My bad. Like I said I didn't read the article:)

NE has a very much improved and I can say now stout secondary. If you look at it, during the second half of the season since acquiring Aqib Talib the only off game they had was against San Fran but they tightend up in the second half of that game to make some big stops and allow their offense to climb right back into it. CB Aqib Talib is very physical, hard hitting, and technical. He is one of the better corners in the league, a guy they haven't had since CB Asante Samuel and Ty Law. Allowing him to sit out there one on one enables them to do so many other things on defense. On the other side CB Rookie Alphonzo Dennard since starting was another piece to the puzzle and plays with solid veteran savvy, and physicality. He has great ball skills, range and uses his hands very well, and a smart player too. You then move to the back end, and Devin McCourty at safety is very good. One expert had him as the 13th best in the league at that position. He is a good athlete and has the instincts, just never had to help in the past.. well now he does. Now he can do things that allowed him to find his rhythm like he did his record breaking rookie year. He has speed and can play center fielder better than many know. Patrick Chung on the opposite side is the hard hitting, physical in the box type of player and stops the run. Can cover as well too, and Steve Gregory has 4 INTs on the year and is no slouch, smart player.. Not to mention rookie Safety Tavon Wilson who can play corner too with 4 INTs himself on the year... This secondary is much much better than the first meeting and you know Bill Belichick will use these guys to take the DEEP Ball away. Remember, 25 in turnovers is the best differiencial in the league.. So taking too many shots against them deep will be VERY risky.. They know how to find the ball.