Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You guys totally shut down the mighty Ryan Tannehill and Brian Hartline Combo.
    The Dolphins game was a shutout. What else do you want them to do?

Blog Entries
    Pats fans read this http://russellstreetreport.com/films...broncos-11213/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Allowing anything over 0 yards passing is something only the most pathetic of pass defenses do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Ok sorry next time I'll have the schedulers put only the best of the best QB/WR combos on the Pats schedule that way when they improve defensively it'll be legit for you
    You play who is on the schedule. I am merely saying that your (over) confidence in the revamped secondary is not founded upon playing teams with a good QB/WR combo.

Meanwhile, our revamped OL has held up against the Giants and Denver, two of the top pass rushing teams in the league.

Do you see the difference? Your revamped secondary shut down Sanchez and Kerley...the revamped Ravens OL shut down Dumervil and Miller and JPP, etc.

Can you see how one side should be a little more confident than the other because the competition one side faced was much stiffer?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Pats fans read this http://russellstreetreport.com/films...broncos-11213/

Cliff notes man.

Blog Entries

Not brag about your secondary shutting down inferior competition? You shut out a team eliminated from the playoffs at home in the second to last game of the season.

I am sure Miami came with their A game that day.

Blog Entries
    Cliff notes man.
    It's worth reading the whole thing but some good parts

While the 2012 Patriots have solid run-defending LBs with the additions of Spikes and Hightower, their biggest advantage is up front. Wilfork can be pushed, as we saw Yanda and Gaither do in the 2009 game (Wilfork moved to RDE for the 2nd half of that game). This year, when he lines up on the nose, the guards will play the key role in getting him off the spot. Osemele and Yanda will block him directly in zone blocking schemes and will assist to get him off balance if blocking straight ahead. The Ravens now have the most talented pair of guards in the AFC, particularly with regard to the ability to create movement when run blocking. It’s a matchup they must win Sunday.

The second key matchup is the receiver opposite Aqib Talib. Contrary to popular belief, Talib has been extremely vulnerable since he joined the Pats. He’s been targeted 42 times with 28 receptions for 376 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT. During that same period, Alfonzo Dennard has played well and Devin McCourty has split his time between corner and safety with good results wherever he has lined up. As with Bailey last week, the Ravens must punish the Patriots if they leave Talib on an island with Smith or Jones and use the space effectively when they get him safety help.

You play who is on the schedule. I am merely saying that your (over) confidence in the revamped secondary is not founded upon playing teams with a good QB/WR combo.

Meanwhile, our revamped OL has held up against the Giants and Denver, two of the top pass rushing teams in the league.

Do you see the difference? Your revamped secondary shut down Sanchez and Kerley...the revamped Ravens OL shut down Dumervil and Miller and JPP, etc.

Can you see how one side should be a little more confident than the other because the competition one side faced was much stiffer?
    I don't think you understand

Read MD's post again, we don't think we have Cromartie and Revis at CBs, but Talib (and Dennard) have allowed the Pats to put players like McCourty and Arrington in better positions to succeed.

Not brag about your secondary shutting down inferior competition? You shut out a team eliminated from the playoffs at home in the second to last game of the season.

Who is bragging about it though? Lmao. Is it impossible to improve your team by playing bad teams? Or should we just discount everything for the sake of their schedule?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    I don't think you understand

Read MD's post again, we don't think we have Cromartie and Revis at CBs, but Talib (and Dennard) have allowed the Pats to put players like McCourty and Arrington in better positions to succeed.
    It is easier to succeed against Brian Hartline and Jeremy Kerley is all I am saying.

LOL. Dude, if you think this is me bragging about our secondary, then you need to get your reading comprehension skills better.

See the problem is that before Talib got to NE, even scrubs were feasting on our secondary.

And what made our deep end better was not Talib really, it was the fact that we could move McCourty over at safety. He's added range with his speed and he plays the pass a lot better when he's facing the QB. You gotta understand, before we had Patrick Chung back there trying to play the pass. He's freaking awful. Then we tried Wilson who is a rookie and he was getting burned too.

Talib and the emergence of rookie Dennard at the other CB spot allowed McCourty to move at S and also allowed Arrington to move to slot, who was just awful outside. We're still not "great" at defending the pass, but definitely a lot better.

It is easier to succeed against Brian Hartline and Jeremy Kerley is all I am saying.
    Jesus Christ it is impossible with you people