Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..



    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I do want to speak a bit to the Patriots and Brady hate...

    It's kind of interesting to see the difference in opinions between Manning and Brady. Two of the greatest QBs to play the game, but I think that generally, Manning is viewed as a good guy and Brady is viewed in a negative light...Example, Manning waiting around in the locker room to talk to Ray Lewis earned him LOTS of "class act" praise. Would Brady get the same? Probably not as much...

    Anyone want to chime in with why Manning gets the praise and Brady gets the boos? Is it because Brady has won more and thus is seen as more arrogant? Is it Brady putting himself squarely in the public eye, with dating supermodels and such, vs Manning is is much more low-key?
    That dick Manning won me over as a fan when he did SNL. He was funny and likeable and I wanted to hate him since he played in our colors and uniform in that bastard city.

    I don't know how Brady would handle a playoff loss like that, he hasn't had the practice Manning has. Maybe we can help with that this Sunday. Let's hope.




  2. #47

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Oh, wow. Ironic how I meant nothing in a malicious manner and yet it becomes twisted into that somehow. Perhaps a few of you didn't read all of it? Or perhaps the context went over your heads due to a run-on paragraph stemming from typing from my phone?
    Regardless, it had no malicious intent apart from a few humorous (and yes, even sarcastic) jabs. I did not, however, know Cundiff was no longer with the team as one of the initial responding posters politely pointed out. I've unfortunately had extremely little time to follow much happenings around the NFL as much as I have in the past. I hadn't meant to offend anyone, but I am somewhat amused at the few who can't accept a sincere gesture of support and not assume some secret agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    Oh, wow. Ironic how I meant nothing in a malicious manner and yet it becomes twisted into that somehow. Perhaps a few of you didn't read all of it? Or perhaps the context went over your heads due to a run-on paragraph stemming from typing from my phone?
    Regardless, it had no malicious intent apart from a few humorous (and yes, even sarcastic) jabs. I did not, however, know Cundiff was no longer with the team as one of the initial responding posters politely pointed out. I've unfortunately had extremely little time to follow much happenings around the NFL as much as I have in the past. I hadn't meant to offend anyone, but I am somewhat amused at the few who can't accept a sincere gesture of support and not assume some secret agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    I caught all the sarcasm in you're first post, but this... apology(?) seems to be more trolling if you ask me.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #49

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSean View Post
    Oh, wow. Ironic how I meant nothing in a malicious manner and yet it becomes twisted into that somehow. Perhaps a few of you didn't read all of it? Or perhaps the context went over your heads due to a run-on paragraph stemming from typing from my phone?
    Regardless, it had no malicious intent apart from a few humorous (and yes, even sarcastic) jabs. I did not, however, know Cundiff was no longer with the team as one of the initial responding posters politely pointed out. I've unfortunately had extremely little time to follow much happenings around the NFL as much as I have in the past. I hadn't meant to offend anyone, but I am somewhat amused at the few who can't accept a sincere gesture of support and not assume some secret agenda. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    Oh, I know I didn't read all of it. Phone posting is a pain in the butt, but I wasn't the phone-poster, I was the reader, and walls of text are still walls of text, however they got there.

    And, no offense, you're a Steelers fan on a Raven board, so experience has taught me that all the work involved in wading through the wall would not have been worth it.

    Sorry!
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ellicott City
    Posts
    306

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I caught all the sarcasm in you're first post, but this... apology(?) seems to be more trolling if you ask me.
    I'm not sure what you're reading into- but it's clear that this Steeler fan is genuinely giving his support begrudgingly and with an attempt at humor- stop being so freakin' sensitive people...

    sand in the vagina quote <above> = spot on.

    While I could NEVER pull for the Steelers in another AFC CG or SB (unless they start to suck for the next 15 years straight and turn into the Browns), he is showing support in the only way he could without having to (turn in his Steeer fan card)- it is what it is- move on...

    And thanks for the support- even though I could never do it.




  6. #51

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I caught all the sarcasm in you're first post, but this... apology(?) seems to be more trolling if you ask me.
    Oh, no apology as I've done nothing wrong. I was simply pointing out my intentions and clarifying a few things for some.




  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    I'm not sure what you're reading into- but it's clear that this Steeler fan is genuinely giving his support begrudgingly and with an attempt at humor- stop being so freakin' sensitive people...

    sand in the vagina quote <above> = spot on.

    While I could NEVER pull for the Steelers in another AFC CG or SB (unless they start to suck for the next 15 years straight and turn into the Browns), he is showing support in the only way he could without having to (turn in his Steeer fan card)- it is what it is- move on...

    And thanks for the support- even though I could never do it.
    Maybe you should read my first post.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Posts
    125

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Don't speak for all of us please.

    Regardless of what many want to think, Pittsburgh and Baltimore have a lot of parallels in demographic and culture. Regarding the team, there have been a lot of parallels there too. Both teams' success (since the mid 90's) have been predicated on strong defense, strong defensive personalities, and hard-nosed ground games.
    Familiarity breeds comtempt....
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.




  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I saw that once at a Pink Floyd concert. Had to do a double take.
    Lol....i saw it too. Two flying pigs.




  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    That dick Manning won me over as a fan when he did SNL. He was funny and likeable and I wanted to hate him since he played in our colors and uniform in that bastard city.
    I hated him when he threw is OL under the bus after one of his playoff losses with Indy. That being said, I too was won over by the SNL United Way spoof. As a matter of fact, while waiting to get into the lot for the Indy playoff game, I had to pull it up (Hulu) and show it to Stepson #1 (who thought it as hysterical as I do).




  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Anyone want to chime in with why Manning gets the praise and Brady gets the boos? Is it because Brady has won more and thus is seen as more arrogant? Is it Brady putting himself squarely in the public eye, with dating supermodels and such, vs Manning is is much more low-key?
    Maybe because Brady is pretty boy, flag hustling, pu$$y?




  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I hated him when he threw is OL under the bus after one of his playoff losses with Indy. That being said, I too was won over by the SNL United Way spoof. As a matter of fact, while waiting to get into the lot for the Indy playoff game, I had to pull it up (Hulu) and show it to Stepson #1 (who thought it as hysterical as I do).
    Did you feel the same way when Ray Lewis threw his DL under the bus after the 2005 season? Just wondering...it did lead to snagging Ngata in the draft about a month later.




  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    37

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    I view the Ravens and Steelers like the United States and Russia during World War II. Each side would gladly bomb the other and dance on the ashes. If there is someone out there getting in the way of us fighting each other I'd reluctantly cheer on the other side to take them down. Then I'd be upset if they do because I wanted to take them down.
    Last edited by MyTurn; 01-18-2013 at 04:20 PM.




  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Did you feel the same way when Ray Lewis threw his DL under the bus after the 2005 season? Just wondering...it did lead to snagging Ngata in the draft about a month later.
    I don't remember hearing Ray say anything to that affect. But then again, my memory sucks. Peyton did his OL tossing at the post game press conference. Big difference between off-season and right after a playoff loss.




  15. #60

    Re: Dear Baltimore and fans..

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I hated him when he threw is OL under the bus after one of his playoff losses with Indy. That being said, I too was won over by the SNL United Way spoof. As a matter of fact, while waiting to get into the lot for the Indy playoff game, I had to pull it up (Hulu) and show it to Stepson #1 (who thought it as hysterical as I do).
    That clip is hilarious.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland