Greetings, Baltimore fans! I am a Steelers fan (as loyal as they come). I would first like to establish that I hate your team before I offer any kind words, lest I lose my standing amongst other Steelers fans. I hate seeing the Ravens take the AFCN (I assure you that the Steelers are merely playing possum and will win the division every year for the remaining years of the NFL). I LOATHE the idea of Flacco with a ring and cannot fathom him actually being mentioned as "elite" if he were to accomplish the unthinkable in a few weeks. Ray Lewis will forever be tarnished in the minds of many for events earlier in his career that we'll never have concrete answers to (same as Ben). The Ravens as a whole are the nemesis of any Steelers fan and as such I will usually always take delight in the shortcomings of your team. However, this weekend is very different.
When the Ravens travel to Foxboro on Sunday they will have at least one more supporter. As deep as my hatred for your Ravens run through my veins, I ENJOY hating the Ravens. Perhaps because the Ravens have a history of playing football the right way- a way similar to the Steelers. I'm particularly interested in the heart your team is showing lately after a mid-season slump. It's obvious that Ray has injected some life into this team throughout the years and even the last few games. Thus, my hatred for the Ravens is a shallow one because I RESPECT the team. I can quite honestly tell you that most Steelers fans who deny similar thoughts are full of shit, just as I believe many of your fans respect our team. Unlike the Ravens though, I genuinely hate the Patriots for many obvious reasons that go far beyond what I'm willing to type out. I would love for nothing more than for the Ravens to knock the Pats out of the playoffs and begin to collapse Brady's window of time to win it all WITHOUT it being tainted. Sure, he's a great QB like many before him. But with a good offensive scheme, a good o-line (most of his career), and the zebras assisting along the way, I'm not going to crown his ass. I sincerely hope it doesn't come down to Cundiff again though. Hopefully your defense shows up big- especially in getting to Brady. If the Ravens can limit his dink-and-dunk I believe Flacco may be able to keep it a game. I just figured you guys may enjoy a bit of praise from a Steelers fan. Next year I'm back to laughing at your misery, but, for now, enjoy the path to your next Lombardi and please crush the Pats and Brady along the way. Good luck this weekend, Baltimore. Go Ravens!