In Game Experience - Will the Ravens follow the Pats Lead?

I thought this was an interesting read on ways to make the in game experience more compelling given declining attendance over the last 4 years. At the very least perhaps attendance at the games will flatten out.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/18/tech...html?iid=HP_LN

Yeah, this was approved by the league last summer and Gillette Stadium is part of the pilot program.

The league, eventually, wants this league wide.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19598102/not-all-nfl-stadiums-will-get-wi-fi-in-2012

Blog Entries

Re: In Game Experience - Will the Ravens follow the Pats Lead?

Is it just me or do you guys think attendance is lagging because there are so many commercial breaks that at the game you just sit there and watch guys standing around more than they're playing.

I've been bitching about the amount of commercials at home, it's even worse when you're at the game.

Perhaps.

The commercials are not going anywhere. But where wifi comes in is it will give you something to do during those commercials.

Right now, if you have AT&T, you're screwed at NFL games. Verizon is the cell partner for the NFL and you'll have a difficult time using cellular data at The Vault. I was sitting in the NE corner of the Colts game, right under what looked like an inverse wave generator and my data went from spotty to nonexistent.

This is a step in the right direction though. But no way it will be free.

Blog Entries

Won't help non-smartphone people like me though.

Blog Entries

Here's the interesting part:
    Next year, the team will give in-stadium fans the ability to listen in to miked-up players (we can't wait for the profane blooper cuts), access the coach-to-quarterback audio (on a 15-second delay, of course)...
    My guess is that Belicheat has been beta-testing that particular technology for the last few years. Minus the delay. Right into his DC's headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Won't help non-smartphone people like me though.
    Still boggles my mind ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still boggles my mind ....
    Probably OT but -

It maybe stupid, take a look at the Manti T'eo story for example. That fact it's even a remote possibility that someone could fall for something like he could have is only possibly because of how newer generations are almost removed from real human interactions because of smartphones, G -chat, facebook, twitter (message boards :p). To me life is all about interacting with other people, I just can't contribute.