Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Pats fans are Broncos fans reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by Double TE View Post
    It was 2.5..Atlanta.

Agreed no one truly knows...otherwise why play the games. I'll say this. Look at the personnel for NE's secondary...totally retooled from last yr.
    NE is jacked because they had a run game against the Texans. Understandable. That run game will be non-existent against the Ravens. With no run game, Brady will throw more. Brady will turn the ball over 2-3X on Sunday, and and the Ravens will score off each TO. I am fairly confident of this prediction. The game could prove me wrong, but this is the way I see it.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Why won't they have a run game vs. the Ravens? Are Ridley and Vereen injured?

If the Pats can get the hurry-up going with the ravens in nickle or dime defense, the pats will have success running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    NE is jacked because they had a run game against the Texans. Understandable. That run game will be non-existent against the Ravens. With no run game, Brady will throw more. Brady will turn the ball over 2-3X on Sunday, and and the Ravens will score off each TO. I am fairly confident of this prediction. The game could prove me wrong, but this is the way I see it.

The Broncos fans are acting like they're some well oiled machine or something, and should be talked about with the Patriots and Colts of the 2000's. The fact is that they have been a mediocre team that most teams would see on their schedule and breath a sigh of relief. They benefitted from an easy schedule last year to get the division, and then had to sign the greatest QB of our generation (who's not quite what he used to be though) as a mercinary to make a few desperation play-off pushes. Once Manning retires in a year or two, they'll be back where they started, but probably in cap trouble without the decent draft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    The Broncos fans are acting like they're some well oiled machine or something, and should be talked about with the Patriots and Colts of the 2000's. The fact is that they have been a mediocre team that most teams would see on their schedule and breath a sigh of relief. They benefitted from an easy schedule last year to get the division, and then had to sign the greatest QB of our generation (who's not quite what he used to be though) as a mercinary to make a few desperation play-off pushes. Once Manning retires in a year or two, they'll be back where they started, but probably in cap trouble without the decent draft classes.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Double TE View Post
    He is definitely fearless...for better or for worse. Its going to be cold and more importantly windy in Foxbrough...at least thats the current forecast. Those conditions favor a running game and short passing game not long bombs...so we'll see how each team adjusts.
    Kind of like last Sunday in Denver?

I don't give a shit about fantasy numbers. I have Brady in a keeper league (me and 11 Browns fans) and while he has been money for years for me, he was a bench warmer his first several seasons. I picked him up off waivers after injury to whoever my then starter was and just held onto him. It was the next year that he took off fantasy wise but that was like year 3 or 4 in his career. He was just sitting there because his fantasy numbers were crap, despite having by then at least 2 SB rings.

Fantasy numbers are fine and that makes for a fun game, but it has ZERO to do with winning NFL football. Since Brady has blown up fantasy wise he hasn't won a bunch of Super Bowls. Then look at Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, etc. They each have one ring, save Rivers with none. Eli isn't great fantasy wise but he has two. Rothlisberger is pretty good fantasy wise and has two, but when he got his first he rode that defense as his playoff numbers were hot garbage.

Give me a winner for Ravens QB and a fantasy guy for my two fantasy teams (Romo was my starter on my other team - LOL, great numbers and crap when it counts). NFL winners and fantasy winners aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    When one has no basis for an argument, one attacks.

The Patriots will fall on Sunday, and I don't believe the score will even be close.
    You might be right about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Man, you don't know how appreciative I am whenever I see a Patriot game with Brady as our QB. It's not going to last forever and I know damn well he'll most likely be the best QB I'll have ever watched play for my team in my lifetime.
    The only reason I have a hard time believing Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, was the season I drafted Tom Brady in my fantasy football team. He played one quarter and was knocked out of the season. Matt Cassel had more yards and wins then Brady the year before, which makes me think its more the Patriots O scheme that makes QBs look good. This is my opinion, and it is a team game so there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, people get pissed at me for saying this, but its ok to shit on Flacco and everything he has done for the Ravens.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    The only reason I have a hard time believing Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, was the season I drafted Tom Brady in my fantasy football team. He played one quarter and was knocked out of the season. Matt Cassel had more yards and wins then Brady the year before, which makes me think its more the Patriots O scheme that makes QBs look good. This is my opinion, and it is a team game so there is nothing wrong with that. The difference is, people get pissed at me for saying this, but its ok to shit on Flacco and everything he has done for the Ravens.
    Which year did Cassel have more yards and wins compared to Brady? I'm sure it's not the 07 Patriots, the year before Cassell took over. Brady led them to 16-0 and broke all the passing records. So you're probably referring to the 06 year then. Well, you have to compare who Brady was with on that year vs who Cassell played with in 08. Cassell was with Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. Brady in 06 played with Reche Caldwell as his #1 receiver. Brady did not get weapons until the year after. You can't really compare the two seasons. The better comparison is what Brady did to the same cast and crew Cassell had to work with when he started. And as I stated, Brady led them to a perfect season and breaking all those records meanwhile Cassell largely depended on our defense, a decent running game, and a really soft schedule.

You might be right about this one.
    I doubt either team gets blown, as these games are typically decided by a TD or less, but more often a FG. The Ravens are too good to get blown out at this point and so are the Patsies.

???
    2007 - Brady - 18 wins - 50TDs, 8INTs - 4806yds - 117.2 Rating

2008 - Cassel - 11 wins - 21TDs - 11 INTs - 2924yds - 89.4 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post

OH great, now we're going to have a stats argument...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Not from me. His post was just so wrong i couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    ???
    2007 - Brady - 18 wins - 50TDs, 8INTs - 4806yds - 117.2 Rating

2008 - Cassel - 11 wins - 21TDs - 11 INTs - 2924yds - 89.4 rating
    I was wrong, but that was the year that an 11 win team missed the playoffs, luckily the 11 win Ravens made it that year. My point being is if Tom Brady was the greatest QB ever, Matt Cassel wouldn't have won double digit games that year. If Matt Cassel was that good of a backup, he would be doing better in Kansas City. It is the Patriots system and O line that makes QBs look so good, which isn't a bad thing. It is a team sport, but Tim Tebow would be a HOF QB in New England.

Which year did Cassel have more yards and wins compared to Brady? I'm sure it's not the 07 Patriots, the year before Cassell took over. Brady led them to 16-0 and broke all the passing records. So you're probably referring to the 06 year then. Well, you have to compare who Brady was with on that year vs who Cassell played with in 08. Cassell was with Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. Brady in 06 played with Reche Caldwell as his #1 receiver. Brady did not get weapons until the year after. You can't really compare the two seasons. The better comparison is what Brady did to the same cast and crew Cassell had to work with when he started. And as I stated, Brady led them to a perfect season and breaking all those records meanwhile Cassell largely depended on our defense, a decent running game, and a really soft schedule.
    You can't really compare the two QBs even with the same position players the next year. Tom would be coming back from an injury, so that would be one issue (in reality it wasn't). But the play calling would be different with an untested backup vs. a SB winning QB also. My point is more along the lines any QB would look good in the Patriots O, much like D players look great with the Ravens in the past only to look flat with most other teams.