Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pats fans are Broncos fans reincarnated

They have so much direspect there. As if they're offended that we believe we can win.
    I posted this in response to Peter King's column:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ml#post3343914

Re: Peter King :It's time to make room for Flacco in upper echelon of QBs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last couple of years I've come to this board to talk football with fans of the Pats being that we have played so many games since 2010. Usually we have pretty goo discussions.

I must say with this game coming up, I've heard so much disrespect coming from your fans than I have ever heard. It's like (some of) you don't believe the Ravens don't even belong on the same field as the Patriots.

And this thing about Flacco, I'll ask this question. Before Flacco came what were the Ravens? Following the 2001 season when the Ravens realeased most players from thier superbowl season, this is how they fared:

2002- 7-9 missed playoffs
    2003- 10-6 Jamal Lewis rushed for 2000 yards. lost in 1st round to Titans
    2004- 9-7 missed playoffs
    2005- 6-10 missed playoffs
    2006- 13-3 lost to Colts 15-6 after 1st round bye.
    2007- 5-11 missed playoffs
    A top 5 defense every season and a very good running game yet, no playoff wins and only 1 back to back winning season.

With Flacco:

2008- 11-5 2 playoff wins. lost to Pittsburgh in AFCC
    2009- 9-7 1 playoff win. lost to colts in divisional.
    2010- 12-4 1 playoff win. lost to Pitt in divisional
    2011- 12-4 1 playoff win. lost to Pats in AFCC
    2012- 10-6- 2 playoff wins. Face Pats in AFCC.

I ask the question, what changed? The defense was always good. The running game was always good. The only thing that really changed was the QB.

Now I won't sit here and question why you don't respect Flacco. That's your perogative. I just don't understand the disrespect.

If wins are the criteria with other QBs, why do we rewrite the rules win he's involved in the conversation? If Playoffs is when QBs make their name, why do the rules get rewritten when Flacco is mentioned?

Matt Ryan threw 2 picks in his game vs the Hawks and almost blew a 20 point lead, but he made 2 throws and his team wins on a field goal, now he is clutch? If Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or anyone else would have made that throw in Denver(yes it was a bad play by the DB and it was lucky), he would be praised as making a great play.

TLDR; give Flacco his due credit.

By the way, I rank Flacco 8th among starters:
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Manning
    Brees
    Rothilisberger
    Ryan
    Eli
    Flacco

I always visit other teams boards to discuss upcoming games. This board is just ridiculous.

Re: Pats fans are Broncos fans reincarnated

The only difference is you have to listen to the grating Boston accent

Its all good though. Every year since 2004 Pats fans go on about how the team they are facing cant possibly win. They may have several trips to the SB since then but by my count they have the same number of titles as the Ravens since their win in 2004 which is ZERO.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

The team is better across the board offensively, including Flacco.

Better coaches, RB, WR, TEs.

I'll give Flacco some of the credit. he deserves it, but Boldin, Smith, Pitta, Dickson, and especially Rice make for a much better package than the Ravens had before.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    They have so much direspect there. As if they're offended that we believe we can win.
    I posted this in response to Peter King's column:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ml#post3343914

Re: Peter King :It's time to make room for Flacco in upper echelon of QBs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last couple of years I've come to this board to talk football with fans of the Pats being that we have played so many games since 2010. Usually we have pretty goo discussions.

I must say with this game coming up, I've heard so much disrespect coming from your fans than I have ever heard. It's like (some of) you don't believe the Ravens don't even belong on the same field as the Patriots.

And this thing about Flacco, I'll ask this question. Before Flacco came what were the Ravens? Following the 2001 season when the Ravens realeased most players from thier superbowl season, this is how they fared:

2002- 7-9 missed playoffs
    2003- 10-6 Jamal Lewis rushed for 2000 yards. lost in 1st round to Titans
    2004- 9-7 missed playoffs
    2005- 6-10 missed playoffs
    2006- 13-3 lost to Colts 15-6 after 1st round bye.
    2007- 5-11 missed playoffs
    A top 5 defense every season and a very good running game yet, no playoff wins and only 1 back to back winning season.

With Flacco:

2008- 11-5 2 playoff wins. lost to Pittsburgh in AFCC
    2009- 9-7 1 playoff win. lost to colts in divisional.
    2010- 12-4 1 playoff win. lost to Pitt in divisional
    2011- 12-4 1 playoff win. lost to Pats in AFCC
    2012- 10-6- 2 playoff wins. Face Pats in AFCC.

I ask the question, what changed? The defense was always good. The running game was always good. The only thing that really changed was the QB.

Now I won't sit here and question why you don't respect Flacco. That's your perogative. I just don't understand the disrespect.

If wins are the criteria with other QBs, why do we rewrite the rules win he's involved in the conversation? If Playoffs is when QBs make their name, why do the rules get rewritten when Flacco is mentioned?

Matt Ryan threw 2 picks in his game vs the Hawks and almost blew a 20 point lead, but he made 2 throws and his team wins on a field goal, now he is clutch? If Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or anyone else would have made that throw in Denver(yes it was a bad play by the DB and it was lucky), he would be praised as making a great play.

TLDR; give Flacco his due credit.

By the way, I rank Flacco 8th among starters:
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Manning
    Brees
    Rothilisberger
    Ryan
    Eli
    Flacco

I always visit other teams boards to discuss upcoming games. This board is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    The team is better across the board offensively, including Flacco.

Better coaches, RB, WR, TEs.

I'll give Flacco some of the credit. he deserves it, but Boldin, Smith, Pitta, Dickson, and especially Rice make for a much better package than the Ravens had before.
    I'll give you WRs and RBs, but coaches and TEs? Come on. Even without Gronk, Hernandez is more dangerous than any of your TEs. It's similar to how we have pretty good RBs, but Rice is head and shoulders above all of them. I would say the same of Hernandez.

And in regards to coaches, Harbaugh is good, but this is a category that clearly gives the Pats an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    I'll give you WRs and RBs, but coaches and TEs? Come on. Even without Gronk, Hernandez is more dangerous than any of your TEs. It's similar to how we have pretty good RBs, but Rice is head and shoulders above all of them. I would say the same of Hernandez.

And in regards to coaches, Harbaugh is good, but this is a category that clearly gives the Pats an edge.
    I think he was comparing them with previous Ravens teams, not the current Pats team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I think he was comparing them with previous Ravens teams, not the current Pats team.
    My bad.

BTW, there's a good amount of douche bags in our forums so you gotta take everything with a grain of salt over there. Same thing with every fan forums I've been to. Not everyone in NE is a bunch of toolbags.

As you can see in my username, I live in MD. I've seen some toolbag Ravens fan but at the same time I've met a lot of great Ravens fans too. My point is I wouldn't generalize fan bases based on the stuff you see on the web. Those guys who go out of there way to show how much of a douche they are are generally a small percentage of the population. And I'm talking about all fan bases.

My point is I wouldn't generalize fan bases based on the stuff you see on the web.
    :word

My post was strictly about why some Pats fans (and media talking heads) don't think Flacco is the sole reason for the Ravens recent success. Nothing to do with the Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    My post was strictly about why some Pats fans (and media talking heads) don't think Flacco is the sole reason for the Ravens recent success. Nothing to do with the Pats.
    Gotcha.

I give Flacco all the credit. Definitely top 10 in my book. Best deep ball thrower in the game right now. If he wins the SB, I'll put him up there in my top 6.

I always thought it was crazy to hear your local media/sports talk radio/fans criticize Joe. Whenever I heard that, I thought you guys have some crazy expectations.

Gotcha.

I give Flacco all the credit. Definitely top 10 in my book. Best deep ball thrower in the game right now. If he wins the SB, I'll put him up there in my top 6.

I always thought it was crazy to hear your local media/sports talk radio/fans criticize Joe. Whenever I heard that, I thought you guys have some crazy expectations.
    You're right PatsFan. I'm moreso talking about the guys in the thread I linked. Not generalizing everyone. I've had good conversations with a lot of them.

Gotcha.

If your boy Brady would quit putting up 4,500-yard, 35-TD seasons every year, maybe our guy Joe wouldn't look so pedestrian by comparison!

Blog Entries

The OP has it wrong: Pats fans are nothing but Sawx fans in their winter plumage. The same Sawx fans who endeared themselves to the entire baseball universe when, after umpteen years whining about the Curse of the Bambino & jerking shamelessly on the collective heartstrings of fans everywhere, they finally won it all in 2004--& instantly morphed into a shambling mob of obnoxious, arrogant assholes that made your average Yankee bandwagoner sound tame by comparison. (Which made Boston's elimination in Game 162 of 2011 all the sweeter.)

Mom, Dad, Big Sister & Li'l Brother, all dyed-in-the-wool Sawx fans, are in a sports store rummaging through the racks for more Bosox gear. Then Li'l Bro walks up to his sister holding a Yankees jersey & says, "I'm tired of being a Red Sox fan. I'm gonna start rooting for the Yankees. You think I can get Mom or Dad to buy this for me?"

His sister backhands him across the chops & snarls, "No brudduh of mine is gonna root for the goddamn Yanks! Go show your mother what you got!"

So he walks up to Mom & asks her the same question & she belts him, saying "Wash that filthy mouth out with soap! Go show your fadduh what you got there!"

Before he can get a word out Dad takes a look at the pinstripe jersey in the kid's hands & hits him so hard he flies into a rack of track suits & knocks it over, screaming "Don't you evah, evah, EVAH put your hands on one of those rags again!" As the kid picks himself up Dad says, "Well I hope you learned something today!"

"Yeah," Li'l Bro replies, "I've only been a Yankees fan for 10 minutes & already I hate you Red Sox assholes!"