Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Yeah, he still hasn't solved the Ed Reed riddle. He plays too cautious with Ed in your backfield.
    For good reason. See 2010 playoffs.

I expect Brady to play well this weekend. But I don't see him scorching us either.

Re: Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

Why? Our team is much improved. We played that game for the most part without Gronk and they were adjusting on the fly. They've played numerous games without Gronk now and are more prepared as an offense without him. We now have a running game to go along with our passing offense. Our defense last year was the worst in the league. At least this year they're top 10 in pts allowed and we're the best at creating TOs.

Brady played like ass in that game yet we still won.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8852730
    Here's an interesting article about how your running game isn't actually that impressive. Only slightly better than last year and significantly worse than 2010. Difference is this year you've run the ball over 100 times more than last year

3. Re: Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

Ridley is better than BJGE...but Vereen and Woodhead kill the stats as runners...but not as pass catchers...they are very good in that dept.

I'll give you Flacco and your offense. But I don't see how your defense is better compared to last year's playoff game. Lardarius is a stud and completely took Welker out all by himself. You guys don't have that luxury anymore and if you have to commit two defenders his way, your defense will be playing shorthanded. Not to mention Sizzle is still nursing an injury, as is Ray, and Ngata as well.

You guys will win this because your offense is going to perform our offense.
    Lardarius actually didn't have a great game against welker earlier this year. This defense is peaking compared to the rest of the season and hopefully if all goes right you'll be talking about guys like Corey Graham and Chykie Brown. Oh and sizzle is coming on at the right time. 2 sacks last week and he LOVES getting after brady

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I am more confident now than ever before that the Ravens are going to win this game and go to the Super Bowl.

Watching Replay reminded me that the Ravens kept playing and coming back last year, after interceptions, missed 4th down conversions, missed passes... That game was in many ways like the Denver game last week. But I believe the outcome this year will be different. I actually think the Ravens have a good chance to completely dominate this game. I think the Patriots shot their wad a week too soon.

If I were a Patriot and watched that Replay episode, I'd be scared. Very scared.
    :word

Totally Agree!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8852730
    Here's an interesting article about how your running game isn't actually that impressive. Only slightly better than last year and significantly worse than 2010. Difference is this year you've run the ball over 100 times more than last year
    I can't read the article since I'm not an INsider at ESPN. Before this year, most of our successful runs have come from draws or passing formations. This year we run out of conventional running formations, and run it effectively even when defenses know it is coming. That to me is the key. Plus it helps our play-action tremendously.

Ladarius is a stud for sure, but Graham is as well. Welker could still be in trouble. You are right Vareen and Woodhead are a matchup problem in the passing game. If too many of their passes are being covered by Ellerbe and Ray, that could be the difference in a win or loss.

I can't read the article since I'm not an INsider at ESPN. Before this year, most of our successful runs have come from draws or passing formations. This year we run out of conventional running formations, and run it effectively even when defenses know it is coming. That to me is the key. Plus it helps our play-action tremendously.
    My apologies. Well the gist of it is that although you have way more rushing yards, it is a product of running the ball 485 times this year compared to 377 last year. The ypc is only up .15 so it's not that much of an improvement. However, yes, if you run the ball like you did last week you will kill us with play-action (which the article acknowledges you are superb at.)

On paper, it looks like our defense got a lot worse, and their defense got a lot better from last year. But the big differences will be Jones in for Evans and Tucker in for Cundiff. Also, while the offensives players are mostly the same for us, they're obviously clicking a lot better this year.

If the boy's can ring Brady's bell a couple times early on. They should have no problem. Hit him and hit him hard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven 555 View Post
    If the boy's can ring Brady's bell a couple times early on. They should have no problem. Hit him and hit him hard.
    Just for the love of god don't blitz corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I am more confident now than ever before that the Ravens are going to win this game and go to the Super Bowl.

Watching Replay reminded me that the Ravens kept playing and coming back last year, after interceptions, missed 4th down conversions, missed passes... That game was in many ways like the Denver game last week. But I believe the outcome this year will be different. I actually think the Ravens have a good chance to completely dominate this game. I think the Patriots shot their wad a week too soon.

If I were a Patriot and watched that Replay episode, I'd be scared. Very scared.
    It was not complete domination, but probably as close to it as you can get. I'll wait a couple of days to see if I have a Super Bowl premonition, but right now I feel good! Of course, that could be all that Steel Reserve High Gravity Lager I've been drinking.