Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

I am more confident now than ever before that the Ravens are going to win this game and go to the Super Bowl.

Watching Replay reminded me that the Ravens kept playing and coming back last year, after interceptions, missed 4th down conversions, missed passes... That game was in many ways like the Denver game last week. But I believe the outcome this year will be different. I actually think the Ravens have a good chance to completely dominate this game. I think the Patriots shot their wad a week too soon.

If I were a Patriot and watched that Replay episode, I'd be scared. Very scared.

Re: Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

If the Ravens have a chance to win the game at the end they'll seize the moment this time....
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

Re: Just forced myself to watch the end of last year's AFCCG on NFL Replay, and you know what???

It's going to be a tough game. I think the o-line will do better against the interior of that Pats oline than they did. Flacco doesn't get enough credit for his performance that game, imo. He had to overcome a lot to even get them to the point of Evans dropping that pass.

If they play like they did against Denver, which is a much better pass-rushing defense and much better in the secondary, the Ravens have a very good chance of winning.

The Ravens are peaking at just the right moment. Their best two games of the season have been in the playoffs, with one of them on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I am more confident now than ever before that the Ravens are going to win this game and go to the Super Bowl.

Watching Replay reminded me that the Ravens kept playing and coming back last year, after interceptions, missed 4th down conversions, missed passes... That game was in many ways like the Denver game last week. But I believe the outcome this year will be different. I actually think the Ravens have a good chance to completely dominate this game. I think the Patriots shot their wad a week too soon.

If I were a Patriot and watched that Replay episode, I'd be scared. Very scared.
    Why? Our team is much improved. We played that game for the most part without Gronk and they were adjusting on the fly. They've played numerous games without Gronk now and are more prepared as an offense without him. We now have a running game to go along with our passing offense. Our defense last year was the worst in the league. At least this year they're top 10 in pts allowed and we're the best at creating TOs.

Brady played like ass in that game yet we still won.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Why? Our team is much improved. We played that game for the most part without Gronk and they were adjusting on the fly. They've played numerous games without Gronk now and are more prepared as an offense without him. We now have a running game to go along with our passing offense. Our defense last year was the worst in the league. At least this year they're top 10 in pts allowed and we're the best at creating TOs.

Same here.

Flacco is playing much better, our o-line is healthier than last year. D is playing better lately and the offense and Joe are better since Caldwell took over. All that said, it's still a tough game for either team.

I watched the replay last night too. Maybe stupid, but I felt I had to put it behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Same here.

Flacco is playing much better, our o-line is healthier than last year. D is playing better lately and the offense and Joe are better since Caldwell took over. All that said, it's still a tough game for either team.

I watched the replay last night too. Maybe stupid, but I felt I had to put it behind me.
    I'll give you Flacco and your offense. But I don't see how your defense is better compared to last year's playoff game. Lardarius is a stud and completely took Welker out all by himself. You guys don't have that luxury anymore and if you have to commit two defenders his way, your defense will be playing shorthanded. Not to mention Sizzle is still nursing an injury, as is Ray, and Ngata as well.

You guys will win this because your offense is going to perform our offense.

I watched it as well.. and the big thing I noticed is that we had the game won with little or no pass rush all day.

I think getting after Brady even enhances our chances that much more.

Blog Entries

I'll give you Flacco and your offense. But I don't see how your defense is better compared to last year's playoff game. Lardarius is a stud and completely took Welker out all by himself. You guys don't have that luxury anymore and if you have to commit two defenders his way, your defense will be playing shorthanded. Not to mention Sizzle is still nursing an injury, as is Ray, and Ngata as well.

You guys will win this because your offense is going to perform our offense.
    I said they're playing better lately, not we're better than last year. AL though I think that is the case for a few guys/positions Kruger is an upgrade from Jarrett Johnson, Pollard is playing better in coverage same with Ellerbe. Graham is not an upgrade of Webb, but he and Brown are pretty good.

I watched last night's replay for about 5 minutes while it was in the 1st quarter and turned it off. I'm not going to go through all that "what if" stuff.

The biggest difference is our offense. Caldwell is putting Flacco in a position to take over and succeed. I'm confident we can win a shootout.
    Defensively that's where I have concerns. Can we make enough stops? Key to this game is to neutralize their run game which is much more effective this year than it was last year. Do this and I think we've got them right where we want them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I watched last night's replay for about 5 minutes while it was in the 1st quarter and turned it off. I'm not going to go through all that "what if" stuff.

The biggest difference is our offense. Caldwell is putting Flacco in a position to take over and succeed. I'm confident we can win a shootout.
    Defensively that's where I have concerns. Can we make enough stops? Key to this game is to neutralize their run game which is much more effective this year than it was last year. Do this and I think we've got them right where we want them.
    I am confident our O can play better too. But their D is no slouch. Their big (but not fast) up front and fast in the back. I still think we can score on them, but I agree, stop their run is where it all starts. And that's no easy task either, their o-line is big and athletic and those RB's are fast.

It should be a good close game, assuming turnovers are equal and special teams are too.

Blog Entries

That seems to be a pattern when he plays the Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    That seems to be a pattern when he plays the Ravens...
    Yeah, he still hasn't solved the Ed Reed riddle. He plays too cautious with Ed in your backfield.