Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. The unsung hero from this Ravens playoff run is...

Jah Reed.

While you never want to be happy that a player was injured, his injury may have been the best thing that has happened to this team all season long.

While he wasn't playing an awful left guard, Michael Oher was playing a brutal left tackle. Once we moved in Brick Wall Bryant McKinnie at the blindside, moved Osemele to left guard, and moved Michael over to his natural position at right tackle, this offensive line has been as sturdy as it's ever been.

If Reed was healthy and we never reshuffled our line, I think it's safe to say Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil would have abused Michael Oher, and I think the game's result easily could have been flipped.

While I feel bad for Jah and I hope he gets healthy soon, his injury may actually have been the biggest factor for this team that no one is talking about.

Blog Entries

Re: The unsung hero from this Ravens playoff run is...

Yep. I mentioned this on another thread. If Jah never goes down, we are talking about plans for the draft, not the Ravens in the AFCCG.

Having Birk flanked by Yanda and K.O. will probably make a big difference against Wilfork.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Having Birk flanked by Yanda and K.O. will probably make a big difference against Wilfork.
    True dat. Save a piece for Vonta Leach!

I like the idea of Yanda cutting loose on Wilfork. I'm still smiling at Yanda's "2 yard assist" push on Rice in the final drive last week.

Well, lookee there! Post # 420. That reminds me....

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    :word

They managed to do a good job against him in week 3 and KO is the best we've had at RG all season, I think Wilfork's impact won't the level of last year.

6. Re: The unsung hero from this Ravens playoff run is...

Jah Reid for M.V.C.!

(Most Valuable Casualty)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Jah Reed.

While you never want to be happy that a player was injured, his injury may have been the best thing that has happened to this team all season long.

While he wasn't playing an awful left guard, Michael Oher was playing a brutal left tackle. Once we moved in Brick Wall Bryant McKinnie at the blindside, moved Osemele to left guard, and moved Michael over to his natural position at right tackle, this offensive line has been as sturdy as it's ever been.

If Reed was healthy and we never reshuffled our line, I think it's safe to say Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil would have abused Michael Oher, and I think the game's result easily could have been flipped.

While I feel bad for Jah and I hope he gets healthy soon, his injury may actually have been the biggest factor for this team that no one is talking about.
    can we really say that without BM, Oher would have struggled when he infact played that game and pretty well at that?

Jah going down may have given BM the obvious opening but whos to say he wouldnt have worked in regardless, assuming the practicing and health issues were right.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    can we really say that without BM, Oher would have struggled when he infact played that game and pretty well at that?

Jah going down may have given BM the obvious opening but whos to say he wouldnt have worked in regardless, assuming the practicing and health issues were right.
    You really believe the tandem of Oher and K.O. would have fared just as well against the Colts and/or Broncos?

Well, it might not have been as much of a fortunate turn of events as you might think. Harbaugh probably wanted to give McKinnie a chance, so he IR'd Reid with a hangnail.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Well, it might not have been as much of a fortunate turn of events as you might think. Harbaugh probably wanted to give McKinnie a chance, so he IR'd Reid with a hangnail.
    I'm not sure if you are serious or joking here. Obviously, if Harbaugh wanted to start McKinnie, he would have IRed Harewood and kept Jah, a far more valuable player, on the roster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You really believe the tandem of Oher and K.O. would have fared just as well against the Colts and/or Broncos?
    Week 15:

Miller 3 tackles 0 sacks
    Dumerville 2 tackles 1 sack

divsional:

Miller 7 tackles .5 sack
    dumerville 2 tackles .5 sack

My comment was about oher and how the OP is saying he would have sucked against miller when in reality he fared well in both games. The line as a whole has been playing better but in that instance alone its hard to point out oher who played pretty similar in both games, one with BM one without.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think KO will be better than Grubbs in time (assuming he's kept at guard).