Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: The unsung hero from this Ravens playoff run is...

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    You really believe the tandem of Oher and K.O. would have fared just as well against the Colts and/or Broncos?
    Week 15:

Miller 3 tackles 0 sacks
    Dumerville 2 tackles 1 sack

divsional:

Miller 7 tackles .5 sack
    dumerville 2 tackles .5 sack

My comment was about oher and how the OP is saying he would have sucked against miller when in reality he fared well in both games. The line as a whole has been playing better but in that instance alone its hard to point out oher who played pretty similar in both games, one with BM one without.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I think KO will be better than Grubbs in time (assuming he's kept at guard).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think KO will be better than Grubbs in time (assuming he's kept at guard).
    Agreed he has all pro talent at guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Re: The unsung hero from this Ravens playoff run is...

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Week 15:

Miller 3 tackles 0 sacks
    Dumerville 2 tackles 1 sack

divsional:

Miller 7 tackles .5 sack
    dumerville 2 tackles .5 sack

My comment was about oher and how the OP is saying he would have sucked against miller when in reality he fared well in both games. The line as a whole has been playing better but in that instance alone its hard to point out oher who played pretty similar in both games, one with BM one without.
    Well you also have to take into account how little our offense was on the field in that game. We must have had 200 3 and outs in the first ravens vs broncos meeting.

What are the chances that the Ravens try resigning BM to an extension at the end of the year, given all that has transpired? He is certainly a better than average LT, and this gives us a chance to keep the current line intact, which, imo, is pretty solid!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Wilfork will be doubled all night, and most likely by Birk and KO. He's the only real dangerous d lineman right now. The rest of them are decent, but don't warrant a double

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Depends where he lines up, but agree the strategy should be to hav Birk chip Wilfork on every play and try and get to the second level once whomever the guard he is helping has Wilfork under control. IN the run game a quick double should allow either of our beastly strong guards to keep him moving forward, while Birk can slide up to Spikes or Hightower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    What are the chances that the Ravens try resigning BM to an extension at the end of the year, given all that has transpired? He is certainly a better than average LT, and this gives us a chance to keep the current line intact, which, imo, is pretty solid!
    Chances? Slim & none. Reasons? (1) Oher. (2) McKinnie.

(1) Right now IMO Michael is OK because he's caught up in the let's-get-a-ring (for #52 & everyone else) emotion & understands that the best OL the team can field has McKinnie LT & him at RT. But he still thinks of himself as a LT & wants to be played & paid as such. Take away the passion of the moment & the postseason charge & #74 is going to want the LT spot back--& if he doesn't get it he'll be pissed (& probably more than half convinced the team is trying to undercut his value on the open market).

(2) McKinnie is finally performing at near-optimum. How much of that is perception that he may not get a better shot at a ring? How much is it for the old college teammate who got him here (#52)? How much as an audition for next year in free agency? Hard to say, but consider that this confluence of circumstances is unlikely to be repeated--& given their experience with him otherwise, that has to give the Ravens pause. Pause that may not be shared by other teams in dire need of a starting LT with more money to throw his way than the Ravens could afford in cap purgatory next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Well you also have to take into account how little our offense was on the field in that game. We must have had 200 3 and outs in the first ravens vs broncos meeting.
    you may be correct im not sure how many pass attempts we had each game and dont really feel like looking it up. Im not saying the line hasnt looked better, im just saying oher played decent in both games so its unfair to say he would have sucked if jah didnt go down. Its just as plausible that he personally would have played well regardless. BM has solidified the LG position more than anything. Oher vs KO i dont really see much of a difference. KO vs Reid is where the difference is.
    -JAB