Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thursday Injury Report Status: Ravens @ Patriots (AFCC)

RAVENS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: CB Asa Jackson (thigh); RB Bernard Pierce (knee) LIMITED PARTICIPATION: FB Vonta Leach (knee/ankle); WR David Reed (thigh) FULL PARTICIPATION: RB Anthony Allen (head); WR Anquan Boldin (shoulder); CB Chykie Brown (shoulder); DT Terrence Cody (ankle); LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle/back); G Gino Gradkowski (head); DT Arthur Jones (thigh/knee); LB Ray Lewis (triceps); LB Albert McClellan (shoulder); DE Pernell McPhee (thigh); DT Haloti Ngata (knee); S Bernard Pollard (chest); S Ed Reed (shoulder); CB Jimmy Smith (abdominal); WR Torrey Smith (back); LB Terrell Suggs (achilles/biceps); G Marshal Yanda (shoulder)

PATRIOTS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm) LIMITED PARTICIPATION: DE Chandler Jones (ankle) FULL PARTICIPATION: CB Marquice Cole (finger); OL Nick McDonald (shoulder); DE Trevor Scott (knee); RB Danny Woodhead (thumb)
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Thursday Injury Report Status: Ravens @ Patriots (AFCC)

Saving Pierce for the SB.. Red skins should take notice on how Harbaugh handles hurt players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Saving Pierce for the SB.. Red skins should take notice on how Harbaugh handles hurt players.
    Maybe they just wanted to make sure he didn't aggregate it before the game (fingers crossed)?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe they just wanted to make sure he didn't aggregate it before the game (fingers crossed)?
    Agreed, I expect to see him suited up this weekend unless something went south with his knee.

I was looking forward to Pierce dominating this game with Rice. I don't know if Ant can do it, and I don't know if he's up to the challenge of an AFCC game.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Also remember that Pierce is a rookie, and the "rookie wall" DOES exist (although it affects some more than others). Pierce got a lot of work the final 2 games of the season at a time when the college season would have been long over. They should take it easy as much as possible with him to let him heal up and get his wind back.

I honestly don't want to see Ray Rice get 30 carries again, though. The defense is going to key in on him so this is one of those games that you need to use Rice smartly, and sometimes that means as a decoy. Use him in the passing game to get the linebackers shifting toward him to free up more space, then when they counter-adjust go back to him.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

No Bernard Pierce (right knee) or Asa Jackson (hamstring) during early portion of practice. It was a quick viewing, though

If Pierce is out, that is a big blow to the running game IMO. Anthony Allen isn't anywhere near the runner Bernard is and never has been. This is a big concern, and hopefully Pierce is feeling well enough to play, -and- be effective!

I wouldn't start printing your tickets to the SB yet. We have to win this game before we can think about the upcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    RAVENS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: CB Asa Jackson (thigh); RB Bernard Pierce (knee) LIMITED PARTICIPATION: FB Vonta Leach (knee/ankle); WR David Reed (thigh) FULL PARTICIPATION: RB Anthony Allen (head); WR Anquan Boldin (shoulder); CB Chykie Brown (shoulder); DT Terrence Cody (ankle); LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle/back); G Gino Gradkowski (head); DT Arthur Jones (thigh/knee); LB Ray Lewis (triceps); LB Albert McClellan (shoulder); DE Pernell McPhee (thigh); DT Haloti Ngata (knee); S Bernard Pollard (chest); S Ed Reed (shoulder); CB Jimmy Smith (abdominal); WR Torrey Smith (back); LB Terrell Suggs (achilles/biceps); G Marshal Yanda (shoulder)

PATRIOTS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: TE Rob Gronkowski (forearm) LIMITED PARTICIPATION: DE Chandler Jones (ankle) FULL PARTICIPATION: CB Marquice Cole (finger); OL Nick McDonald (shoulder); DE Trevor Scott (knee); RB Danny Woodhead (thumb)
    Woodhead looks like he'll suit up: D'oh! I skeethe the Pats SQUIRTS ( i.e Welker, Woodhead, Ridley, and Broadway legend Ben Vereen). They're like being stabbed to death with a push-pin.

Bernard will do it for "the Ol' Cherry and White" Temple U.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 01-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

Ravens rule out Asa Jackson. Questionable: Bernard Pierce, Vonta Leach, David Reed, Dannell Ellerbe

iggyman555 Guest

Chander Jones, Trevor Scott, Danny Woodhead, Marquice Cole and Nick McDonald are probable for Patriots