Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    By the way, I don't see this as a ringing endorsement. It's more of a comment that keeps him clean no matter who wins. With all of the film study and alleged higher knowledge why doesn't he take a stand?
    Because games aren't won by film.

    Oh wait, 2007 Beliicheck just called...
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    The winds at gametime is what worries me. It levels the playing field on the deep ball, but Brady is more comfortable with the short passing game than I think Joe is. If the deep ball is getting thrown off by winds on Sunday, Joe and Jim are going to have to find some ways to turn shorter throws into long downfield gains with YAC.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  3. #18

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    OLine gives joe time or the Oline does their job blocking, pats in for a long day. Tire the pat defense out and limit brady to fieldgoals, Ravens win.
    Yea, someone has to keep Wilfork from getting to the pocket before Flaco does.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    The Ravens have so many weapons, I'm not too worried about offense. Brady is a surgeon and finds holes where theoretically none exist. It's gonna be a slugfest.




  5. #20

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cosell is the best analyst out there. Always good news when he's sees something positive in the Ravens
    Jaws is a close second. After that, prolly Mayock.

    After that, no one is close.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  6. #21

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg isn't the norm of talking heads out there, when he says something it normally is true and holds more water than any media talking head comes out with on television. Greg watches film all day on every single team, and every single snap of every single game, he has watched every single snap of Joes career even going back to his senior year at Delaware.

    I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that I'd rather listen to when breaking down a game than Greg Cosell.
    Yep. Although in last week's shutdown corner podcast I distinctly remember his emphasis that in the first Denver matchup, Champ Bailey dominated Torrey Smith. I guess it turns out that it helps when Flacco has an o-line.




  7. #22

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've been wanting to see Rice and Pierce at the same time. They could give a lot of looks with that.
    I keep hoping they're saving that for this game or the Super Bowl.

    Also, THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree with you. The problem is that when Leach is in the huddle the defense knows exactly what to defend. It's either going to be a zone run up the middle right behind Leach, or a play-action bomb.

    When he's not in the huddle the defense has to defend more of the field so they're easier to run on. The Ravens could solve this by passing more out of the I-formation. If I were them I would do just what you said and put Leach out there to block more often. They could line up in an I-formation but put Pitta out in the slot right, Boldin in tight to the line and motion Rice out wide, then you effectively have a 4 wide set out of base personnel! And it would work well, Rice and Pitta are both great route runners.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,340
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    I bet Brady Ballwasher Cowherd didn't like hearing that.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I like it better when everyone says we are mediocre and have no chance of winning. I'm going to have to contact Greg Cossell and tell him to retract his statement
    won't be surprised' is not a ringing endorsement it's a CYA comment
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #25

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    That will make those deep throws down the sideline a lot harder, but the Pats corners have a bad habit of not looking back. I can see instances where the ball hangs up and falls short, Smith seeing that and Denard or Talib running into him.

    I hate those 40 - 60yd penalties!


    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The winds at gametime is what worries me. It levels the playing field on the deep ball, but Brady is more comfortable with the short passing game than I think Joe is. If the deep ball is getting thrown off by winds on Sunday, Joe and Jim are going to have to find some ways to turn shorter throws into long downfield gains with YAC.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535
    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Jaws is a close second. After that, prolly Mayock.

    After that, no one is close.

    - C -
    I think Trent Dilfer is high on that list. He's been very good the past year.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Jaws is a close second. After that, prolly Mayock.

    After that, no one is close.

    - C -
    Nobody beats Brian Billick!




  13. #28

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    I cannot stand Mayock, he over complicates every single thing about a game to try and sound smart, and he carries his whole draft-speak "thing" with him into the booth...

    "And Andy Reid will not challenge the play...

    Now here's a guy, Andy Reid. He's 6'1. 260 pounds.
    He has good vision of where the field is, he can clearly see it right in front of him.
    He has a good arm when it comes to throwing the challenge flag, but he isn't tough when it comes to standing on the sideline and taking a jab to the stomach.
    One of the knocks on him is his championship game performance. He peaks too soon.
    I see him as one of the top 31 coaches, no worse than that."

    "Uhh, thanks Mike. And now the Eagles come out for the point after."

    "See I don't agree with this. You've got Michael Vick. Number 7.
    He's fast. Throws a good ball.
    He got suspended from the league, but that's ok. Has a helmet on. Likes to grab the football from the center.
    He can pass with it or he can run with it. It doesn't matter. 6'0. 215 pounds. 4.3 40 speed.
    He doesn't run that fast anymore, probably, maybe, I don't know. Just pay me NFL network. I speak in short sentences."




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In a van down by the rivah
    Posts
    863

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    But he's got heavy hands and good body lean!




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,137
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    I cannot stand Mayock, he over complicates every single thing about a game to try and sound smart, and he carries his whole draft-speak "thing" with him into the booth...

    "And Andy Reid will not challenge the play...

    Now here's a guy, Andy Reid. He's 6'1. 260 pounds.
    He has good vision of where the field is, he can clearly see it right in front of him.
    He has a good arm when it comes to throwing the challenge flag, but he isn't tough when it comes to standing on the sideline and taking a jab to the stomach.
    One of the knocks on him is his championship game performance. He peaks too soon.
    I see him as one of the top 31 coaches, no worse than that."

    "Uhh, thanks Mike. And now the Eagles come out for the point after."

    "See I don't agree with this. You've got Michael Vick. Number 7.
    He's fast. Throws a good ball.
    He got suspended from the league, but that's ok. Has a helmet on. Likes to grab the football from the center.
    He can pass with it or he can run with it. It doesn't matter. 6'0. 215 pounds. 4.3 40 speed.
    He doesn't run that fast anymore, probably, maybe, I don't know. Just pay me NFL network. I speak in short sentences."
    Oh my god. This was brilliant. Crab dip for everybody!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland