Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Rice may be better out of a spread because the D is in nickel or dime
    I think that is what I saw saying, without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would use Leach as the pass protecting back, thing is you tip your hand when you have him out there, so you could only really bring him on for obvious passing situations on 3rd down. I'd also like to see him used as a blocking TE, he blocks better than both our TE's combined.

I totally agree with everyone regarding Rice and the spread, I think he'd be a monster in a zone read offense too lol. Pierce is Arian Foster version two, we really have a talented corps of RB's that's for sure.
    I agree with you. The problem is that when Leach is in the huddle the defense knows exactly what to defend. It's either going to be a zone run up the middle right behind Leach, or a play-action bomb.

When he's not in the huddle the defense has to defend more of the field so they're easier to run on. The Ravens could solve this by passing more out of the I-formation. If I were them I would do just what you said and put Leach out there to block more often. They could line up in an I-formation but put Pitta out in the slot right, Boldin in tight to the line and motion Rice out wide, then you effectively have a 4 wide set out of base personnel! And it would work well, Rice and Pitta are both great route runners.

Blog Entries

By the way, I don't see this as a ringing endorsement. It's more of a comment that keeps him clean no matter who wins. With all of the film study and alleged higher knowledge why doesn't he take a stand?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    By the way, I don't see this as a ringing endorsement. It's more of a comment that keeps him clean no matter who wins. With all of the film study and alleged higher knowledge why doesn't he take a stand?
    Because games aren't won by film.

Oh wait, 2007 Beliicheck just called...
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

The winds at gametime is what worries me. It levels the playing field on the deep ball, but Brady is more comfortable with the short passing game than I think Joe is. If the deep ball is getting thrown off by winds on Sunday, Joe and Jim are going to have to find some ways to turn shorter throws into long downfield gains with YAC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    OLine gives joe time or the Oline does their job blocking, pats in for a long day. Tire the pat defense out and limit brady to fieldgoals, Ravens win.
    Yea, someone has to keep Wilfork from getting to the pocket before Flaco does.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have so many weapons, I'm not too worried about offense. Brady is a surgeon and finds holes where theoretically none exist. It's gonna be a slugfest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cosell is the best analyst out there. Always good news when he's sees something positive in the Ravens
    Jaws is a close second. After that, prolly Mayock.

After that, no one is close.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

9. Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg isn't the norm of talking heads out there, when he says something it normally is true and holds more water than any media talking head comes out with on television. Greg watches film all day on every single team, and every single snap of every single game, he has watched every single snap of Joes career even going back to his senior year at Delaware.

I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there that I'd rather listen to when breaking down a game than Greg Cosell.
    Yep. Although in last week's shutdown corner podcast I distinctly remember his emphasis that in the first Denver matchup, Champ Bailey dominated Torrey Smith. I guess it turns out that it helps when Flacco has an o-line. :)

10. Re: Greg Cossell- "I wont be surprised if Baltimore wins".

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've been wanting to see Rice and Pierce at the same time. They could give a lot of looks with that.
    I keep hoping they're saving that for this game or the Super Bowl.

Also, THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree with you. The problem is that when Leach is in the huddle the defense knows exactly what to defend. It's either going to be a zone run up the middle right behind Leach, or a play-action bomb.

When he's not in the huddle the defense has to defend more of the field so they're easier to run on. The Ravens could solve this by passing more out of the I-formation. If I were them I would do just what you said and put Leach out there to block more often. They could line up in an I-formation but put Pitta out in the slot right, Boldin in tight to the line and motion Rice out wide, then you effectively have a 4 wide set out of base personnel! And it would work well, Rice and Pitta are both great route runners.

Blog Entries

I bet Brady Ballwasher Cowherd didn't like hearing that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I like it better when everyone says we are mediocre and have no chance of winning. I'm going to have to contact Greg Cossell and tell him to retract his statement
    won't be surprised' is not a ringing endorsement it's a CYA comment

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!