Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 124
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.



    I was fascinated by the conversation about Flacco's deep throwing tendencies, so I did some research on it for the 2012 season (including playoffs). Passes are qualified as either "short" or "deep" in the official play-by-play, so this is based on those classifications of each pass:

    Deep Left: 13/43, 337 Yards, 4 TD, 0 INT --> 30.2%, 7.8 Y/A, 90.9 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 16/35, 470 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT --> 45.7%, 13.4 Y/A, 108.9 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 30/59, 992 Yards, 8 TD, 1 INT --> 50.8%, 16.8 Y/A, 129.1 QB Rating

    Deep All: 59/137, 1799 Yards, 15 TD, 2 INT --> 43.1%, 13.1 Y/A, 120.5 QB Rating

    Pass Interference / Illegal Contact Penalties Drawn
    Deep Left: 1 For 30 Yards
    Deep Middle: 1 For 15 Yards
    Deep Right: 6 For 135 Yards

    Deep All: 8 For 180 Yards


    And just for kicks, here is the comparison with Tom Brady:

    Deep Left: 15/48, 452 Yards, 4 TD, 1 INT --> 31.3%, 9.4 Y/A, 86.5 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 14/33, 391 Yards, 4 TD, 1 INT --> 42.4%, 11.8 Y/A, 113.8 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 10/38, 306 Yards, 2 TD, 3 INT --> 26.3%, 8.1 Y/A, 45.3 QB Rating

    Deep All: 39/119, 1149 Yards, 10 TD, 5 INT --> 32.8%, 9.7 Y/A, 80.1 QB Rating

    Pass Interference / Illegal Contact Penalties Drawn
    Deep Left: 2 For 31 Yards
    Deep Middle: 1 For 38 Yards
    Deep Right: 4 For 90 Yards

    Deep All: 7 For 159 Yards




  2. #38

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree for the most part. Joe has improved with Cam being gone.

    But one thing he brought has still be true - he only throws deep balls to the right side of the field...


    Sad but true. Joe just loves the right side of the field more so than other right handed QBs. I'm just curious how the # of attempts to the right side of the field stack up against other QBs in the league.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,344
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    [/B]

    Sad but true. Joe just loves the right side of the field more so than other right handed QBs. I'm just curious how the # of attempts to the right side of the field stack up against other QBs in the league.
    Did you totally glance over post #37?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #40

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I was fascinated by the conversation about Flacco's deep throwing tendencies, so I did some research on it for the 2012 season (including playoffs). Passes are qualified as either "short" or "deep" in the official play-by-play, so this is based on those classifications of each pass:

    Deep Left: 13/43, 337 Yards, 4 TD, 0 INT --> 30.2%, 7.8 Y/A, 90.9 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 16/35, 470 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT --> 45.7%, 13.4 Y/A, 108.9 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 30/59, 992 Yards, 8 TD, 1 INT --> 50.8%, 16.8 Y/A, 129.1 QB Rating

    Deep All: 59/137, 1799 Yards, 15 TD, 2 INT --> 43.1%, 13.1 Y/A, 120.5 QB Rating

    Pass Interference / Illegal Contact Penalties Drawn
    Deep Left: 1 For 30 Yards
    Deep Middle: 1 For 15 Yards
    Deep Right: 6 For 135 Yards

    Deep All: 8 For 180 Yards


    And just for kicks, here is the comparison with Tom Brady:

    Deep Left: 15/48, 452 Yards, 4 TD, 1 INT --> 31.3%, 9.4 Y/A, 86.5 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 14/33, 391 Yards, 4 TD, 1 INT --> 42.4%, 11.8 Y/A, 113.8 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 10/38, 306 Yards, 2 TD, 3 INT --> 26.3%, 8.1 Y/A, 45.3 QB Rating

    Deep All: 39/119, 1149 Yards, 10 TD, 5 INT --> 32.8%, 9.7 Y/A, 80.1 QB Rating

    Pass Interference / Illegal Contact Penalties Drawn
    Deep Left: 2 For 31 Yards
    Deep Middle: 1 For 38 Yards
    Deep Right: 4 For 90 Yards

    Deep All: 7 For 159 Yards
    i defended him as one of the better deep ball QBs in the league which these numbers would seem to support. Im not sure who else would have over a 120 rating on deep passes. Any chance you have Rodgers numbers? I believe most say hes the best when arguing that Flacco isnt good at all.
    -JAB




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i defended him as one of the better deep ball QBs in the league which these numbers would seem to support. Im not sure who else would have over a 120 rating on deep passes. Any chance you have Rodgers numbers? I believe most say hes the best when arguing that Flacco isnt good at all.
    I could look them up. Takes a little while though and I don't have the free time to do it at this moment, but maybe in a little bit.




  6. #42

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Drew Brees while ur at it... I think he's got the best deep ball stats, last i checkd at least




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i defended him as one of the better deep ball QBs in the league which these numbers would seem to support. Im not sure who else would have over a 120 rating on deep passes. Any chance you have Rodgers numbers? I believe most say hes the best when arguing that Flacco isnt good at all.
    Turns out I had a moment to get this info for you, but I didn't bother looking up penalty yards this time.... Here it is:

    Aaron Rodgers

    Deep Left: 9/27, 218 Yards, 3 TD, 0 INT --> 33.3%, 8.1 Y/A, 100.5 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 12/25, 341 Yards, 4 TD, 3 INT --> 48%, 13.6 Y/A, 94.2 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 26/52, 850 Yards, 8 TD, 1 INT --> 50%, 16.3 Y/A, 127.4 QB Rating

    Deep All: 47/104, 1409 Yards, 15 TD, 4 INT --> 45.2%, 13.5 Y/A, 115.4 QB Rating

    This is... remarkably similar to Joe's numbers! Comparing them... Flacco's stat first, then Rodgers', better number italicized:

    Completion Percentage: 43.1% < 45.2%
    Yards Per Attempt: 13.1 < 13.5
    Yards: 1799 > 1409
    TDs: 15 = 15
    INTs: 2 > 4
    QB Rating: 120.5 > 115.4

    Very close in nearly every regard, but Flacco's got the slight edge on him.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Drew Brees while ur at it... I think he's got the best deep ball stats, last i checkd at least
    Hope I get a chance to look into it shortly for you... For now, check out my comparison of Flacco to Rodgers just above this comment.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Drew Brees while ur at it... I think he's got the best deep ball stats, last i checkd at least
    Alright, got some time to do this one as well:

    Drew Brees

    Deep Left: 14/35, 433 Yards, 4 TD, 3 INT --> 40%, 12.4 Y/A, 89.3 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 22/39, 681 Yards, 4 TD, 4 INT --> 56.4%, 17.5 Y/A, 95.8 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 16/33, 459 Yards, 4 TD, 0 INT --> 48.5%, 13.9 Y/A, 134.2 QB Rating

    Deep All: 52/107, 1573 Yards, 12 TD, 7 INT --> 48.6%, 14.7 Y/A, 104.8 QB Rating




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    So can we put this tendency to the right side thing to bed now?




  11. #47

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    So can we put this tendency to the right side thing to bed now?
    and anything about Flacco not being amongst the very best deep ball passers in football.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    and anything about Flacco not being amongst the very best deep ball passers in football.
    I was curious to compare him to some other greats. I don't know how much further I'm going to go, if you want to see anybody else, let me know, but for now I figured I'd compare him with Peyton Manning as well:

    Peyton Manning

    Deep Left: 23/40, 656 Yards, 5 TD, 0 INT --> 57.5%, 16.4 Y/A, 141.7 QB Rating
    Deep Middle: 11/25, 302 Yards, 2 TD, 1 INT --> 44%, 12.1 Y/A, 99.1 QB Rating
    Deep Right: 18/42, 500 Yards, 3 TD, 5 INT --> 42.9%, 11.9 Y/A, 71.6 QB Rating

    Deep All: 52/107, 1458 Yards, 10 TD, 6 INT --> 48.6%, 13.6 Y/A, 102.5 QB Rating




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland