Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

You may not want to pay him top 5 QB money, but you are going to have to pay him close it, at the very least. Of course, you are going to have to pay him top 5 money if the Ravens win the Super Bowl.

It seems like every time fans try to find a price bracket for Joe Flacco, usually around another QB that he compares to, he outperforms said QB. Matt Ryan just got his first playoff victory and almost gagged it away. Schaub? Cutler? Who can't even stay healthy?

The list of QBs between Flacco and top 5 QB money, is getting slimmer and slimmer, if not non-existent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

I'm sticking by my 6 year 100 mil prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's probably close. I think it will be between 6/90 and 6/100. I could also see 5/80 or even 7/105

Blog Entries

Has it gone up? It might be the same since it sounds like he was asking for huge money already. It's the Ravens offer that has probably gone up after last week.

I think 6 years at 90 mil with $40 mil guaranteed is about right.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Has it gone up? It might be the same since it sounds like he was asking for huge money already. It's the Ravens offer that has probably gone up after last week.
    This is more so what I meant. Thanks GOTA.

I think that the Ravens had a price that they told Joe would remain on the table, because that is usually how they handle these situations. Joe thought that he was worth more and, now, the Ravens number is getting closer and closer to resembling Joe's. Whatever the two of them may be.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

He wins the SB and he gets a better contract then BR got(8years 103 mil?)

I don't know that the price has gone up. These are the numbers most people were thinking about all along. I think the odds that he gets franchised have gone down, but that is due to the improved play of Kuger and Ellerbe this season. We need to manage the cap and keep quality players if we can. I have faith that Ozzie will get something done.

Blog Entries

There are only really six QBs that one could decently argue to be ahead of Flacco. One of them is breaking down (Roethlisberger) and Joe has helped the Ravens take the division from the Steelers. Another one has an arm on the decline that once again struggled in the outdoor cold conditions of the playoffs, as many actually predicted when he joined the Broncos (Manning). Manning's injury will not be going away. That leaves Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Manning (Eli). The Super Bowl victories are what is really saving the inconsistent Eli.

So, you would have to look at what those guys are making right now and are expected to make going forward.

With the way he has played since Caldwell took over, and particularly in the playoffs, it's going to be near impossible to deny him top five type money. Is he worth it? Maybe...I mean, who, outside of Aaron Rodgers would you take over Flacco at this point?

Brees? Maybe...but he's been a bit of a turnover machine the past two years.
    Peyton? No. He's clearly on the downside, and Flacco just outplayed him for the world to see.
    Brady? Maybe. He's 35, though, and doesn't possess the physical ability Flacco does.
    Eli? No, I don't think he's as good as Flacco, despite the rings. If nothing else, a lateral move.
    Ben? No. I think this year Flacco has passed Ben. Ben can't stay healthy, and he's lost his "clutch" genes.
    Rivers? Gawd no. Choking interception machine, Carson Palmer #2.
    Ryan? Puhlease. Guy just won his first playoff game, and nearly gave it away.
    Cutler? Nope. Turnover machine, and team cancer.
    Romo? Nope. Choke-o.
    Schaub? Uh, no.

Pay Joe. We will survive.
    I think Ellebee stays, Kruger hits the market, and whatever happens to Cary Williams, I think is irrelevant.
    I would like to keep Jacoby Jones as well.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    that was my guess months ago, and as with you, I'm sticking to it.