Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco's price has certainly gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    that was my guess months ago, and as with you, I'm sticking to it.
    +1

I don't think his asking price has changed. Hopefully the perception has changed, and there won't be an outcry when he does get it.

"So Joe, would you prefer $90M and we can get you a LT and keep you alive, OR, would you prefer $110M and you run for your life?"

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    "So Joe, would you prefer $90M and we can get you a LT and keep you alive, OR, would you prefer $110M and you run for your life?"
    :word

This is where I've been since the summer.

Blog Entries

I was just listening to London Fletcher talk about Joe and how he has tendencies that are keeping him from being top 5.

Some of these could change with Cam now gone, but he said based on formations they knew where Flacco was going to go and if you take away his first read he struggles.

I would tend to agree with him and say Flacco has to improve that before they give him top 5 money. Right now I think he gets top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    "As long as he knows the blind-side is a place stop people from running at me and not a movie"!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I was just listening to London Fletcher talk about Joe and how he has tendencies that are keeping him from being top 5.

Some of these could change with Cam now gone, but he said based on formations they knew where Flacco was going to go and if you take away his first read he struggles.

I would tend to agree with him and say Flacco has to improve that before they give him top 5 money. Right now I think he gets top 10.
    That's on Cam. So many people have said how predictable Cam was on offense and how bad his playcalling was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's on Cam. So many people have said how predictable Cam was on offense and how bad his playcalling was.
    I agree for the most part. Joe has improved with Cam being gone.

But one thing he brought has still be true - he only throws deep balls to the right side of the field...

He was never going to sign on the cheap unless they did it way early. Too many teams still need a QB to think that, if a guy who just so happens to have the most wins in NFL history during his first 5 years, hits free agency in his 6th season, that a caravan of brinks trucks would not be lined up in his driveway.

It does not matter where a QB ranks on a big list of every qb in the nfl. All that matters is where they rank on the list of available guys this offseason, and how many teams have lists with his name at the top.

So the Ravens are going to tag him because he is the franchise player now, and if they get him signed long term it is going to be for top 5 money.

:T2:

Blog Entries

But one thing he brought has still be true - he only throws deep balls to the right side of the field...
    The TD pass to Boldin in the Giants game (was about 20-30 yards IIRC) was down the left sideline.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Pretty sure I saw plenty of deep passes to the center of the field. Season opener vs. Cincy comes to mind.

Does this mean the vast majority have moved past the Joe is a game manager, like Tony's article a little while back?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The TD pass to Boldin in the Giants game (was about 20-30 yards IIRC) was down the left sideline.
    He has hit Boldin down the left side over the top in sevral big wins. The numbers may say most of the big throws are down the right, but if or when strong safties are able to get there or the free saftey comes all the way accross, the underneath routes and run game will open up like never before. The Ravens have been a team that you have always been willing to take your chances with on the outside in order to contain the run and TE threats. WRs taking the lid off that scheme puts our o in a very dangerous place with no good poision left to pick.

:T2: